Advertisement
Civilization Fanatics' Center  

Go Back   Civilization Fanatics' Forums > CIVILIZATION IV > Civ4 - Creation & Customization > Civ4 - Unit Graphics

Old Apr 26, 2010, 04:10 PM   #1
embryodead
Caliph

Medieval reskin shop

Note: most of my reskins come from the Sword of Islam mod which you can get here

Teutonic 3-pack - a mini-set of Teutonic units. Credits to Bakuel & coffee junkie as usual.

Download: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downlo...=file&id=21647

Norman 4-pack - a mini-set of Norman units. Every unit comes in three versions, each with a different shield. Like my previous set, this one is based on models & textures by Bakuel and a French swordsman texture by coffee junkie.

Download: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downlo...=file&id=19474

Hospitaller Knight - a bonus unit for the Crusader pack.

Download: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downlo...=file&id=19473

Crusader Pack - a set of units for Knights Templar, Knights Hospitaller, Knights of the Holy Sepulchre, French Crusaders + Richard Lionheart GG. Not meant to be a complete set, just a couple of units that I needed for the Sword of Islam. These works are based on a swordsman model by Bakuel and a French swordsman texture by coffee junkie.

Download: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downlo...=file&id=19362

Venetian Infantry - weapon borrowed from Realism Invictus mod.

Download: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downlo...=file&id=19361

Varangian Guard - derived off Bakuel's work.

Download: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downlo...=file&id=19360

Pashtun Warrior & Horseman - Afghan units based on Bakuel & Firaxis parts.

Download: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downlo...=file&id=19359

Middle Eastern Great People - Islamic Mulla is based on Firaxis Great Prophet. All other units use models and textures by Bakuel, so 90% credit goes to him. I just did some nifswapping, recoloring and bone/animations adjustments to achieve rather generic Middle Eastern GPs. Great Artist is based on Rumi, one of the greatest Islamic Persian poets.

Download: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downlo...=file&id=15821

Camel Cataphract - rather ancient than medieval, Bactrian/Parthian unit requested by TheCapo; camel model by Bakuel - big thanks here. This makes use of my last camel animation set that can be used to make any camel lancers.

Download: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downlo...=file&id=14868

Camel Gunners - combines Camel Archer's and Cuirassier's animations; Basic version uses Firaxis textures and a head from modfreak's Arabian Scout; Bedouin version uses models & textures from Bakuel's Berber pack.

Download: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downlo...=file&id=14832

Camel Rides w/Swords - combines Camel Archer's and Companion Cavalry's Rider animations into one KF set; Basic version uses Firaxis textures and Rabbit White's Scimitar; Tuareg version uses models & textures from Bakuel's Berber pack.

Download: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downlo...=file&id=14828

Middle Eastern Horsemen - several reskins of Bakuel's Qizilbash Horse Archer and Byzantine Cavalry, inspired by Broken Crescent units again: Heavy Mamluk w/ Axe, Ghulam Horse Archer (shield from Total Realism), Turkoman Horseman, Arab, Indian(x2) and Turkoman(x2) Horse Archers, Turkish Heavy Horse Archer.

Download: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downlo...=file&id=14773

Mughal Siege Elephant - walks and melees like a war elephant and fires the cannon in ranged combat and city bombardment. Credits: Chugginator (? - howdah), Walter Hawkwood (bombard), esemjay's KonverterFM and The J for pointing me towards it!

Download: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downlo...=file&id=14739

Aragonese/Catalonian Almogavar, reskinned/refitted Ambrox's javelinman:

Download: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downlo...=file&id=14711

Ghulam Lancer (Turkish slave soldier), reskin of Bakuel's Byzantine Cavalry (not sure whose Shield is that though, but it was ideal).
Outift based on a similar unit for M2TW Broken Crescent.

Download: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downlo...=file&id=14713

The Sword of Islam: RFC Medieval Middle East - Caliphates, Byzantium, Crusades, Turkic & Mongol Invasions, Rajputs & Mughals and moar! Now with its own subforum!

Medieval Reskin Shop | Buildings & Stuff | RFC Epic/Marathon | Warhammer Fantasy Mod | Medieval European Mod II

Last edited by embryodead; Aug 03, 2013 at 09:57 PM.
embryodead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2010, 07:12 PM   #2
Ajidica
Nerevarine

Awsome units, if only because you refrenced Broken Crescent.
To those who don't know, it the perhaps the best mod for Medieval Total War 2.
I think the Shield might be Sakhr's or Danrell, probably Sakhr
Looking at the poster again, I also like the way that the baby is cocking its head and looking away from the doctor, as if to show that this not merely a skeletal Moai-baby, it's a particularly aloof and disinterested skeletal Moai-baby.-Traitorfish
Cynicism is boringly fashionable.-Ensign Flandry, Poul Anderson
Ajidica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2010, 12:32 AM   #3
ambrox62
Emperor

I wish to congratulate with you for your excellent work on the javelineer by adding parts and reskinning it. Furthermore, I will copy your quiver texture to paste it over my old models.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 02:24 PM   #4
Castor_Troy
Warlord

Great work i`ll certainly use them in my mod
Old Apr 27, 2010, 08:06 PM   #5
coffee junkie
Tech Hippie

really great ! I'm pretty sure I'll use it in Ethnic Mix More

Bravo !
coffee junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2010, 01:25 PM   #6
veBear
Slumerican Citizen

Exellent work I have to post in this thread to subsribe it.

"I believe humans get a lot done, not because we're smart, but because we have thumbs so we can make coffee." -Flash Rosenberg

Why Canada isn't the greatest country in the world (and not even among the top 10)
veBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 02, 2010, 12:02 AM   #7
embryodead
Caliph

Thanks for all the comments I've uploaded the Mughal Siege Elephant and added it to the 1st post.

The Sword of Islam: RFC Medieval Middle East - Caliphates, Byzantium, Crusades, Turkic & Mongol Invasions, Rajputs & Mughals and moar! Now with its own subforum!

Medieval Reskin Shop | Buildings & Stuff | RFC Epic/Marathon | Warhammer Fantasy Mod | Medieval European Mod II
Old May 02, 2010, 01:12 AM   #8
Walter Hawkwood
RI Court Painter

Very nice to see my work being put to a good use by the community! Your siege elephant is much better than mine, we'll use it in our mod for sure. Eagerly awaiting your next units!
Old May 02, 2010, 02:44 AM   #9
embryodead
Caliph

Thanks, and I didn't see any in the db, I know what to do now though

Last edited by embryodead; May 02, 2010 at 02:56 AM.
Old May 02, 2010, 04:16 AM   #10
Chamaedrys
Emperor

I love the elefant. Don't know if such units have seen much combat, but they are dam cool
Old May 02, 2010, 04:26 AM   #11
Walter Hawkwood
RI Court Painter

Quote:
Originally Posted by embryodead View Post
Thanks, and I didn't see any in the db, I know what to do now though
You are VERY welcome to browse through our mod's art and improve whatever you like from there. It will be very useful for us, and you will also distribute it for the greater availability to the community. I am very actively inviting you to do this!

When I saw it I thought you took mine and made it better - since it looks that way; are you saying you made it from scratch? That is an awesome coinscidence then!

Last edited by Walter Hawkwood; May 02, 2010 at 04:32 AM.
Walter Hawkwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 02, 2010, 06:39 AM   #12
embryodead
Caliph

Yes, it seems we had the same idea - I needed a Mughal UU and just put your bombard on top of Chugginator's elephant - then a few days ago I asked how to combine KFMs to make the cannon fire.

I was hoping the same method could be used to make things like melee/musket camel cavalry, but it seems that would require combining specific KFs somehow.

I got TR just now, it does have a lot of art I didn't see before though I couldn't run the mod yet (32-bit mem).

Old May 02, 2010, 07:46 AM   #13
Walter Hawkwood
RI Court Painter

Well, you CAN run it at 32-bit, just don't go for anything ambitious like World Map.

I made my elephant without this tool, just by taking an attack kf from cannon and renaming it to elephant's attack kf, replacing the original. Still, as I said, yours is better; if only the emission point of the cannon shot is a bit off, not centered with the barrel.

I definitely saw some combined animation units on the forum, like this:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downlo...=file&id=14237

That download contains a link to the tutorial that supposedly explains how this is possible:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=312613
Old May 02, 2010, 09:39 AM   #14
embryodead
Caliph

I guess the explosion was a bit too high - I moved it a bit lower and reuploaded it. And for TR yeah I tried world map immediately

Thanks for the link, though this isn't it. EDIT: eh, actually it is, though it's about 100x more work than adding melee anim to a ranged unit

Last edited by embryodead; May 02, 2010 at 09:47 AM.
Old May 11, 2010, 04:11 PM   #15
embryodead
Caliph

a new pack of BC-inspired reskins added to the 1st post.

Old May 11, 2010, 04:19 PM   #16
The Capo
godless Heathen

Awesome stuff man!

Downloading them now!

Can I ask you to upload those flags too though? If they have buttons to go with them that'd be great too. And also what are they for? Sorry, I'm a pack rat, one never knows when they might need something.

Check out my stuff!!!
UNITS | LEADERHEADS | DIPLOMACY II
The Capo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2010, 04:22 PM   #17
Ajidica
Nerevarine

Very nice units. It would be cool if there was a Broken Crescent mod for civ.
Looking at the poster again, I also like the way that the baby is cocking its head and looking away from the doctor, as if to show that this not merely a skeletal Moai-baby, it's a particularly aloof and disinterested skeletal Moai-baby.-Traitorfish
Cynicism is boringly fashionable.-Ensign Flandry, Poul Anderson
Ajidica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2010, 12:22 AM   #18
Castor_Troy
Warlord

great units i never expected so many islamic mounted units, now i need to try and find them all a place
Old May 12, 2010, 12:25 AM   #19
veBear
Slumerican Citizen

Awesome stuff.... i shall download today

"I believe humans get a lot done, not because we're smart, but because we have thumbs so we can make coffee." -Flash Rosenberg

Why Canada isn't the greatest country in the world (and not even among the top 10)
veBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2010, 02:09 PM   #20
embryodead
Caliph

Thanks @ all

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Capo View Post
Awesome stuff man!

Downloading them now!

Can I ask you to upload those flags too though? If they have buttons to go with them that'd be great too. And also what are they for? Sorry, I'm a pack rat, one never knows when they might need something.
Some of the flags I got from CFC like Akkoyunlu, the newer ones are for medieval states of modern Iran/Afghanistan: Samanids, Seljuks, Ghaznavids etc. I packed them with civ icons and attached to this post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajidica View Post
Very nice units. It would be cool if there was a Broken Crescent mod for civ.
Well, the one I'm working on was obviously inspired by BC, though it's more of a personal project for now and covers years 630-1700.
Attached Files
File Type: zip me-flags.zip (24.7 KB, 37 views)