RevolutionMP

glider, I'm due another crack at RevMP soon, just been a busy bee with work stuff the past week (and also a bit o work on me mod ;D
I'll update the SVN for RevolutionMP with the latest code as a starting point. It might be an idea to then use the SVN as a reference, but there is no obligation to do that. It depends on how you work.
Cheers

The svn is now update to date with your latest coding effort Lemmy. Almost all the code is perfectly commented, but where there wasn't a comment, commenting was inserted. The build works in autoplayMP for two players on directIP, but falls with three player lan. Autoplay is also broken for the start as minors option case.

If nothing else, I'll continue to take a look over some issues on coming days. Suggest experimenting with checking out from the RevolutionMP svn and then committing changes. If you already have checked out, but just want to update your local copy to the same as the SVN, just right click and select "update".
https://revolutiondcm.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/revolutiondcm/branches/RevolutionMP

Cheers

Since this is for testing, you should do that yes. We'll get more users beta testing for us that way ;) Also it would be a good idea to package it with the RevDCM installer so that correct installation is insured (also you could add a check of the custom assets folder to the installer quite easily to ensure it is clean).

Hi ya Kel
RevDCM 2.71 already has the current version of this mod in it. Lemmy has done improvements and those have not yet been released anywhere except unofficially by him in this forum a page or two ago.
Cheers

Hello? Bueller?

C'mon, guys, at least tell us there isn't any news.

Also, I just ran across something in a preliminary NwI direct-IP game that may cause issues: It seems like every leader in the game is given an numerical designation for internal use by the game itself, based on the order in which they were installed. For the leaders that came with the game, this isn't an issue; but with mergers that add leaders, they can be installed in different orders, and the host passes the leaders and/or nations randomly chosen to the clients using this designation. With results such as my friend showing up as Cixi on his system but Alaric on mine, as just happened, which I believe can cause an OoS so fast it'll make your head spin. Thought y'all might wanna know about this if you hadn't seen it already.

Thanks to Lemmy101, multiplayer now works in RevolutionDCM. All the work that has gone into this particular project to make multiplayer happen, has now moved over to the RevolutionDCM. Thus from my point of view, there is no need to continue supporting this mod, as all my efforts in this area will now be within RevolutionDCM.

A big thanks to Lemmy101, but also to Init for supplying code and testing, as well as Carwyn who did testing as well. They will be acknowledged in future versions of RevDCM as of 2.8 onwards.

Cheers

Ho?
Is it now possible to play Humans + AI without OOS ?

Yes Flay. Lemmy has also shown that even better, you can now start up two sessions of civ on the same machine and play multiplayer with yourself....a terrific game play idea if you feel lonely for any reason and cannot get online :rolleyes:

If anyone wants the last update to Revolution MP absolute latest of the latest you can still get it on SVN at:
https://revolutiondcm.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/revolutiondcm/branches/RevolutionMP

Cheers

Yes Flay. Lemmy has also shown that even better, you can now start up two sessions of civ on the same machine and play multiplayer with yourself....a terrific game play idea if you feel lonely for any reason and cannot get online :rolleyes:

If anyone wants the last update to Revolution MP absolute latest of the latest you can still get it on SVN at:

Cheers

Ok . . .

No offence but I will belive it when I see it . . .
And by the way I have open civ twice before and play too game at the same time, but didn't try in MP with myself maybe it was possible than . . .

Do anyone know if Archer bombard will be working with no problem in MP ?

Hi anyone
I've synchronised the latest RevolutionMP that is on the SVN now, with a new release here at CivFanatics. The build includes SDK and should work well in multiplayer except that the Revolutions options "Defect and lead rebels" may contain a bug (I think but need to recheck).

Cheers

Top Bottom