SGOTM 11 - Plastic Ducks

Roughly checked the plan.

1. The Warrior on the marble had better to move 1W or 1SW at T114. Delay the position change of the two warriors for 1-2 turns. Otherwise, if it pops a Bar at the Rice spot (in the two tiles unfogbusted), the whole plan will be screwed immediately.

2. Don't understand really why the WB should be whipped in Vijay. Doesn't matter.

3. If the northern island turns out to be big, I don't mind landing the Chariot to the north. Otherwise I'm thinking of a 2-pop whippint into Axe to finish the ToA. Will discuss it in the next turn.

4. I think the WIII Warrior can stay on the cow of Zara and wait for Isa.

Anyway you can decide Bugg. We are kind of behind the schedule now. Go on and good luck!

1. Probably yes, but why don't you worry about that before?
2. see post #708, at least 24C from Izzy and 24C from each AI on that side. And exactly timing for 2nd WB to be used by the Fish/Horse city.
3. Chariot will be used to scout Saladin's continent and for better safety before Crab/Gold city settled. Chariot is freaky to north island if it's big and I mentioned before it's should be small.
4. Where did you see in the plan I moved the WIII warrior? It was mentioned in the 1st turn and never touched later. Edit: It should be moved back when WB reaches there.

Got hung up.

Will play turnset now.

Fingers crossed :)

Turnset played.

Oh all the problems we had ....

Just kidding :)

As far as I can tell everything went according to plan. Report follows in a bit.

So report time (not really exiting, but still)...

First we meet this guy :
Civ4ScreenShot0004.JPG

Coming from here:
Civ4ScreenShot0005.JPG

at 1075BC Justinian goes to WEHORN mode. Nothing much has come of it so far.

We build the GLH (yeehaaa!):
Civ4ScreenShot0007.JPG

Currency in:
Civ4ScreenShot0009.JPG

Not much to beg for, so I don't.

I do however make this trade:
Civ4ScreenShot0010.JPG

Oh.. and gold city is a tight fit:
Civ4ScreenShot0013.JPG

A couple of F9 screens at the end:
Civ4ScreenShot0011.JPG
Civ4ScreenShot0012.JPG

And the autogenerated turnset log:
Spoiler :

Turn 114, 1150 BC: The borders of Pataliputra have expanded!

Turn 115, 1125 BC: Varanasi has been founded.

Turn 117, 1075 BC: The borders of Delhi have expanded!
Turn 117, 1075 BC: Gandhi has completed The Great Lighthouse!

Turn 121, 975 BC: You have trained a Settler in Delhi. Work has now begun on The Temple of Artemis.

Turn 122, 950 BC: You have discovered Currency!

Turn 124, 900 BC: Delhi has grown to size 4.
Turn 124, 900 BC: Justinian I has 50 gold available for trade.

Turn 125, 875 BC: Agra has been founded.
Turn 125, 875 BC: Calcutta has been founded.
Turn 125, 875 BC: Clearing a Forest has created 44 ? for Delhi.
Turn 125, 875 BC: Varanasi will grow to size 2 on the next turn.
Turn 125, 875 BC: Gandhi adopts Caste System!
Turn 125, 875 BC: Tokugawa has founded Nara in a distant land.

Turn 126, 850 BC: Varanasi has grown to size 2.

Oh yeah.. "Toku coming from here" doesn't make much sense, I guess... He's West of Saladin.

We're short on time to secure the final Gold+crab spot if we want it, I suppose. Chariot will let us know.
Northern Island hasn't revealed much, but there's a resource close by.

Other than that, looking forward to a new testgame :)

EDIT: Is the report "good enough"? I suppose I should get an account to dump pics somewhere, but...

Good good!!

So far, we can tell Toku has Ivory (this can possibly be gained without war by trading).

I'll try updating the test game now but it might take a while with all the changes to the land.

It's a pity there's a barb city over there... we'd get more trade routes from Justinian if not.

Consider this a 'got it' unless the set drags on and dingding has time to play again :D

Cool ! Well done Bugg !

Haha ! I'm already scared by Saladin's culture pressure...
Toku HAD to be in the game. No point in holding resources otherwise... Remain Isabella and ? My guess would go to Monty, another religious fanatic.

@: The report.
Good enough for me. We have the plan and the save if we want to know more, right ?
How do you know there's a resource on the northern island ?

I'll be off tomorrow and until monday. Not sure I'll be able to post. Safer to say I won't :)
Good luck, see you ! We'd better have a shot at the wooden spoon when I come back !

On Saladin's culture pressure:

-bad news: 1. that's his Capital's culture (replicated in the test game)
2. the gold we're currently improving will most likely be lost soon after he hits 7500 culture (~200 turns is my guess)

-good news: our city tile isn't going to be affected before he gets 2 more culture pops (Legendary)

The remaining AI has to be Creative I think. It has GWall and its capital is still ranked #1. Either that or it has monster food+production+commerce.

@BIC
There's a sugar we can see on the north island. (right where we had wanted to place a city to use the clams)

EDIT: I'm about 50% done on the test game (most of the land updated, currently placing AIs in correct locations). Going to take a dip in the pool but I should be able to finish it tonight.

Mission accomplished :devil:

Very good, almost a flawless mission except

1. Eastern WB should be 1S of the current position.
2. The lazy warrior in Pat should move since it stops the forest growing on that tile.

The best news for me is that Zara started Alpha and Gold site secured, and of course GLH, which does not surprise me:p.

Yea I noticed the wb as well. It doesn't seem like it will slow down meeting Izzy however.

Good point about moving the warrior.

I'd suggest making the next set in 2 parts as well:
The first part is until Izzy is met + OB to get a better idea when to start 100% Civil Service. (or until ToA is in/fails)
The second part should be the remaining turns of the set until which point we agree upon.

Resuming work on test game now.

Here's the test game.

Sorry if there are small mistakes, I'm a bit tired tonight and it took a while to map the land correctly as much as I could tell.

Attachments

• SGOTM11 TEST BC-0850.CivBeyondSwordSave
    144.1 KB · Views: 53
Very good, almost a flawless mission except

1. Eastern WB should be 1S of the current position.
2. The lazy warrior in Pat should move since it stops the forest growing on that tile.

The best news for me is that Zara started Alpha and Gold site secured, and of course GLH, which does not surprise me:p.

Hopefully 1. does not delay meeting Izzy. I was probably happy to get through everything ok, and lapsed on final turn.... oh well.

2. is a good point. Never really looked at the warrior since it was not discussed previously.

EDIT: Yeah.. didn't mention Zara's research (it's kinda clear from the save).. had a screenshot from when he started writing just in case, though.
It's a big bonus that an AI gets Writing this early at this level, I guess?

@kossin:
Yeah, that barb city is blocking. Looks like Justinian is trying to take it out. Thought I had a screenshot of WB passing by it, but apparently not.. anyways. There was 1 justinian archer W of it, the barb city was not fully garrisoned and it looks like a char is heading that way right now, so hopefully soon it'll be gone.

Good work on the testgame. Seems like the WB to the West should be 1S (which doesn't matter), and Pati is too small (should be size 3 @ 0/39)

I'd suggest making the next set in 2 parts as well:
The first part is until Izzy is met + OB to get a better idea when to start 100% Civil Service. (or until ToA is in/fails)
The second part should be the remaining turns of the set until which point we agree upon.

I aggree. We could plan for 3 turns untill ToA is secured (at least 775BC) pretty quickly and take it from there? EDIT: Or we could play untill gold+crab is secured or missed?

Do we want to 2pop-whip Axe into ToA like dingding suggests?

Hopefully 1. does not delay meeting Izzy. I was probably happy to get through everything ok, and lapsed on final turn.... oh well.

2. is a good point. Never really looked at the warrior since it was not discussed previously.

They are trivial, otherwise I won't say "almost flawless".;)

1. Might affect the time we meet the last AI. It was proved that 3 AIs in Justinian's continent from the 103EP. No WB come from north island until now. So either the last AI is on Izzy's side, or he is very far away or isolated.

2. I mentioned it in my plan, otherwise I probably won't notice it.

@kossin

Good job on the test game. It's quite a load of work in this stage. Maybe we should let the player who is UP do the editing. Also I think it's unnecessary to edit the tiles that we won't settle, and AIs' conditions can also be skipped since they only affect the research time and it does not affect much on our plan.

I think we don't need a stop in the middle even we failed ToA, which is quite low odd since only Saladin has marble now and his capital size is at 4. We can resume 100% research now and keep low cash in bank in case we get cash from failed ToA.

From gazing at the test map, I think we might be able to circle the globe in ~20 turns (if it's possible or not beat to it).

Do we still want to whip Delhi now? We're getting closer to Civil Service and higher pop will be more rewarding under Bureaucracy. We're a bit low on happy resources (silver+gold), there's Incense and also Sugar close - hopefully we can trade for Calendar as the AIs discover it.

It's quite funny that we're still getting 1 trade route out of Justinian despite the barb city. He must have a city not culturally connected to his capital but which is right next to Saladin (in the test game I just plotted it south of HC).

For all we know, Justinian could be at war with the AI sitting between himself and Izzy. (would mean an aggressive leader a-la-Monte)

@kossin

Good job on the test game. It's quite a load of work in this stage. Maybe we should let the player who is UP do the editing. Also I think it's unnecessary to edit the tiles that we won't settle, and AIs' conditions can also be skipped since they only affect the research time and it does not affect much on our plan.

I think we don't need a stop in the middle even we failed ToA, which is quite low odd since only Saladin has marble now and his capital size is at 4. We can resume 100% research now and keep low cash in bank in case we get cash from failed ToA.
Makes sense. I'd still consider stopping if an AI completes Alphabet (before Zara that is).

Top Bottom