HFC - Cup 6 - Bismark and the Peacefull Portoroo's.

Metzi

Oh bugger.
Welcome to the Half Full Club, Cup 6. Here we pull our own hair out, attempting to win with rediculous circumastances.
So come, enjoy your daily loss of productivity and sanity. Feel free to join in and critize at your will. Suprisingly, this is productive.
The series is now at Prince!
Contents:
Round 1 - Greetings and Salutations
Round 2 - Expansion
Our leader. Introducing the lovely Bismark of the Zulu, the Discplined Hairdresser.

Expansive-+3 health in every city. Also cheaper Graneries! What's not to love? And cheaper workers too!
Industrious-One word, Wonderhogging. And cheaper forges.

Our Unique Unit (Commonly refered as the UU). The Impi! No use what-so-ever in this game, appart from defeating barbs. :p

Our UNique Building (If you haven't picked it up, it is commonley refered to as the UB, such as the UU). The Ikhanda! A primitive courthouse, reducing city maintinence by 20%. Combined with the Courthouse, it's 70% post Code of Laws.

The start! Looks like a lovely Beurocracy Capital. But I'm willing to listen to your ideas. :)

The Rules:
  1. Always Peace!
  2. You MUST win by Domination!
  3. You cannot adopt a religion! This also includes AI demands for Religions. So Free Relgion/Liberism is a must here.

You may be wondering. How should I post?
We awnser, 'anytime you like, so long as you use spoilers'.

Cam H - there to scold me into shape. Ty!
TMIT - Your "let's play" videos are very impressive. I'm showing them to my father so that he can be a challange!
Kossin - For thou art ze king.

The save is below, it is a WB save, enabling you to choose your speed and difficulty.
Be warned, you will need to give the Barbarians techs according to your level of Difficulty. But I'm sure you know what this is.

Enjoy the Damnation.
Remember, patience. Discpline.

Attachments

• HFC - Cup 6 - Bismark and the Peacefull Portoloo's.rar
    10.5 KB · Views: 205
Oh wow. This bring me back to that Cultural Domination challenge.
Well, this'll definitely present a challenge. I'll be checking out after I'm done beating the Montezuma ALC.

I may have missed it some where, but what is the map?

Is it possible to win Domination with the Always Peace setting?

The map is Pangea.
You win by culturaly flipping enough citys to gain a Domination win. Ironic, no? :lol:

The map is Pangea.
You win by culturaly flipping enough citys to gain a Domination win. Ironic, no? :lol:

Spoiler :
From what I've seen of the map, I think this one may be impossible. I would be very interested to see if folks can pull this one off. hmmm...besides the importance of religion, I think Espionage would be very important in this one.

Yeah EP spread culture nonsense is probably the way to go. MASSED EARLY EXPANSION should help one's times too since flipping cities takes forever. On higher levels this would be nigh impossible but with EP heavy you can probably finish before the prince AIs make space or culture.

Round 1 - Greetings and Salutations

Ello and welcome to the first round.
So, where do we settle? Many questions can be asked about this. But why bother when you can just settle in place?
Spoiler :

We soon meet the Portoguese leader, Ragnar. We found him while our scout was scouting the scoutable area to the left of us. Ragnar is stuck on a peninsula, which is good for us and our goals.
Spoiler :

And as our scout is slaughtered and maimed in this exstremely non-violent game, the Bouncer from the Jerry Springer shows up. Also known as Augustus Ceasar of India.
Spoiler :

And after that, we did the usuall. Teching worker techs, settling a new city, filling out a dot-map and surviving an awfull event that destroyed our new Cow Pasture in Zimababababwewewewe.
Spoiler :

Metzi's Rule No #1 - Scout around the coast, so that your people do not become Maimed in a non-violent era.​

The save. Thank you for reading, I enjoy shedding my ego by writing.

Attachments

• HFC - Cup 6 - Bismark and the Peacefull Panseys..CivBeyondSwordSave
    55.2 KB · Views: 66
Ep spread Culture?
Please explain, for I am confused... :p

yep, check your espionage missions...it still takes a lot of work

good luck with this one - you'll need it

I see.
I checked it, and it spread culture in my opponents city...
Wouldn't this help them, instead of I... as we can only take over the city culturaly?
Or is it a different option?

Thanks - Luck doesn't tend to be with me, but that's irrelivent. :p

It spreads your culture to their cities - do it on border cities of course

I'm not quite sure of the mechanics behind peace vassaling. Why do certain civs choose to peace vassal? If you could manipulate one or two civs to vassal that would be a great way to get a lot of land and population. But I'm not sure if this is possible. Anybody care to clarify?

@Lymond - That makes a lot more sence. I might give it a try.

@Banginal - As you cannot flip a civs last city ( I think... you might be able to, but I never have.), all the civs will still be alive. And having a vassal makes illogical sence, as a vassal is needed to protect the civ. And seeing as all the civs should be alive by the end, I doubt any AI will want to be protected from me by my culture. :p

Well...getting vassals seems like it would be a logical thing here as that plays into your overall domination score. However, I'm not sure if it's possible in an "Always Peace" game. I've rarely played that setting and when I have, vassals was the last thought on my mind. All I had was dreams of landing on a distant planet.

Beng - I believe the main mechanic behind peace vassals is the power ratio of your civ to the AI civ. I think some civs or leaders are more inclined to peace vassal as well if this ratio has reached a certain benchmark or threshold. Land may factor in this as well - not sure, but I know power does. The power ratio would be impacted by number and quality of units, number of barracks/stables/walls/castles/Heroic Epic and having certain military techs that the AI does not have.

In HFC - Cup 3, Hyuna Capac Peace Vassled to me. :)
But it was mainly because Hyuna Capac wanted some protection while he persued his Culture tactics.

In HFC - Cup 3, Hyuna Capac Peace Vassled to me. :)
But it was mainly because Hyuna Capac wanted some protection while he persued his Culture tactics.

Well, that may play into a certain leaders normal VC tactics. Zara, Mansa, Ghandi and Pacal are often easy to peace vassal. However, I'm sure you had a pretty solid power ratio to Capac in your game.

Indeed. But that didn't count for much, considering I wasn't allowed to declare war on the AI. But when the AI declared on me, my SOD's made my power ratings almost 5 times Hunya Capacs.

I always thought Zara was one of the better AI's, being able to tech well and spam units... I've never seen him be vassled, rather he is the one doing the vasseling....hehe...*cough*...:scan:

@Lymond - That makes a lot more sence. I might give it a try.

@Banginal - As you cannot flip a civs last city ( I think... you might be able to, but I never have.), all the civs will still be alive. And having a vassal makes illogical sence, as a vassal is needed to protect the civ. And seeing as all the civs should be alive by the end, I doubt any AI will want to be protected from me by my culture. :p

You can kill people outright by flipping them.

The apostolic palace (and sistine chapel!) being taken away as an option makes this somewhat more challenging. On the flip side, it isn't really going to for mass war because it can't. The "assign city" thing will only work if we are LOSING the city culturally - fat chance.

AI might still be willing to peace vassal if it likes you and you have a big military. Since it does not explicitly break the rules, it is definitely a consideration. Of course, people sucking on 49057390485709348 spies spreading culture and obscene border tension will generally not like you, so it's not something that is going to get abused readily except to end things a bit sooner.

I see, so we can get a peace vassal.
And I think I understand the Spy Culture thingy, so I'm going to play the next round now. :)

Round 2 - Expansion

Ello, and welcome to the Second round of HFC - Cup 6.
We finish a stoned monument, which makes Monuments magically appear in the middle of all our citys.
Spoiler :

Ragnar/Portugal decided to expand to the East, so we settle a new city, placed menicingly towards his avococado-coloured border.
Spoiler :

And presenting, Mr. Burger King, Lower-Thirds man and The Barber from Uganda.
Spoiler :

The next city to be placed menicingly close to Portugal.
Spoiler :

We reaserch the Alphabet. Also presenting the Barber from Ugand's transvestite wife.
Spoiler :

More citys, aswell as reaserching Currency! We where lucky to get the last one. :)
Spoiler :

Some stats! As you can see, we are well ahead in tech at the moment, as well as meeting all our neighbors.
Spoiler :

The save.

Attachments

• HFC - Cup 6 - Bismark and the Peacefull Panseys..CivBeyondSwordSave
    123.2 KB · Views: 79
Top Bottom