Fantasy resources

Kyriakos

Creator
Here i will be posting various resources of the latest style.

1.Three industrial Greek ones, Gaslight, Gallows and Cycladic house :)

Download 1

2. A Japanese resource, a traditional gate.

Download 2

3. A European lighthouse.

Download 3

4. A Byzantine woodcutting resource.

Download 4

5. Two English resources from the age of Exploration: Settler wagon and Iroquois village.

Download 5

6. A medieval French resource, a watermill.

Download 6

7. An ancient Greek resource, a cottage.

Download 7

8. A Byzantine resource, a hay cart.

Download 8

9. An Inuit resource, an igloo.

Download 9

10. A Jewish resource, a Synagogue.

Download 10

11. An English resource, a Cottage.

Download 11

Please note that these graphics are free only for use in the civ3 community. Any commercial use of them is forbidden by the author.

Hmm, I would rather use the gallows as an anti-corruption building, but you could use it as an income-increasing resource too. Pay taxes or pay the consequences. Have to think about the gaslight, as to what that would increase. The Cycladic house definitely produces income, and maybe some shields. Have to think about that.

Well i will probably upload it next month. My computer crashed, the hard-drive is destroyed, so it will be some days untill i have it back and well.

But of course all of my bryce files are gone, so i will have to think if i really want to get back to creating gfx.

Well i will probably upload it next month. My computer crashed, the hard-drive is destroyed, so it will be some days untill i have it back and well.

But of course all of my bryce files are gone, so i will have to think if i really want to get back to creating gfx.

NO................................! Why do the electronics gods strike so unfairly.

Forgive me my ignorance ,but what is "logs" ?

Nice cart.

:) I believe he means those poles in the cart ...

I've been wracking my brains trying to think of a use, but all I can come up with is a Sailing Ships era scenario/mod - straight-trunked conifers were crucial for masts (although, ironically, I'm certain - *ahem* - timerover knows quite a bit more about this than I) but I don't recall any military campaigns to secure big pine trees :confused:

One reason why the UK wanted to hang onto Canada after the American Revolution was the dependence on Canadian timber for masts. Similarly, one of the reasons for Nelson's attack on Copenhagen was to maintain British access to the Baltic timber supply, which the British were very heavily dependent on for much of their ship construction. See Albion's Forest and Sea Power for more information. Likewise, teak from India became a major factor in English shipbuilding after the Napoleonic Wars, as that did not require specie for purchase.

One of the major advantages that the US had when colonies and then as an independent nation was an effectively inexhaustible supply of timber during the wood ship building period, and then totally independent supplies of iron and steel. That rendered the British concept of blockade of supply meaningless compared to the British European competitors. In that sense, it made the British vary wary of hostilities with the US during the US Civil War.

Hmm, Kyriakos, that is a very good representation of a logging cart. I have visited several restored logging camps, and that is very close to what they used. They also used sleighs with a similar configuration, which would be ideal for pine forest tundra. I will need to check to see if they have some pictures of the Big Wheel log movers online for moving very large logs. They were basically a pair of very large wheels with the log slung underneath the axle, and then pulled by oxen. Quite an interesting demonstration of creative use of animal power.

See the following web site for a picture on a small Big Wheel log mover.

http://www.singingfalls.com/gallery_ox/ox_73.html

Top Bottom