LoR_NewRealism-v1X ('British')

Nuvoloblu

Adequator
LoR_NewRealism-v1X ('British')

Hi,
I hope that you appreciate this ModComp associated with Legend of Revolution.
I tested it for a long time before publishing it and no Bug appeared to me, but maybe I did not try everything?

As for its use with BtS-v3.19, I indeed hope that it works according to my forecasts (everything was made with 3.17).

I invite all those who would appreciate this Mod-Comp to participate in its evolution (by critics and/or activate participation), also because my technical limits prevented me from bringing all the wished modifications (in particular +Gloss on neutrals models).

Thanks ! :D

Nuvoloblu

hello,

im afraid, you wont get much replies on this mod comp, i dont want to be harsh but it is for your own benefit.

1. why did you make this for 3/17?? while 99% of the mods use 3.19?
im pretty sure all of today's bts players use 3.19, there is absurdity no logic to use an earlier version of a game, many bugs where fixed since 3.17.

2. you write that this is associated with Legend of Revolution - how exactly? you provide nop info what so ever about what this mod does, no one would download a mod that they dont know what it does.
you must provide much info on all your changes.

3, you should add pictures from the stuff you make - it attracts people.

4. this isnt the right forum, although it falls in modcomp.

5. the download link needs to be on your main thread , not only on your signature.

6. see how other mod threads are built.

im know im being blant, but, as for now, you wont get much help in testing this mod - theres many great large scale mods out here, that provide great gameplay, and this being with 3.17...while they use 3.19.....lowers your chances.

again sorry for the tough words, i only wanna help.

i wish you luck, hope you use my advices.

its all about fun!

keldath.

Hi Keldath,
I am sorry to have caused you so many friendly concerns(marigolds), because this seems to me due to the fact that my initial text is incomplete (it is the first day!). I would have apparently had to postpone here the whole Display of the ModComp which is in fact in the page of "Download" whom you did not find.

1. why did you make this for 3/17??.
I began to work on it when 3.19 did not still exist. Since, I tried 2 times to implement 3.19 in my BtS, but every time my Civ4 crash and -in spite of my protests- nobody helped me for his implementation (I stay among the 2 % of imbecile). But, as I say it in Display, I do not see why this would not work with BtS3.19 … :scan:

2. you write that this is associated with Legend of Revolution
I have make it to take advantage of the good abstract and artistic base (by ACHILLESZERO?!) of this Mod, to move closer to me so to an optimal product (there is obviously a lot of work!).

You shall have to find correction and the other one answers in the new text which I elaborate.
Thank you for your attention… and councils! :goodjob:

Uh what's this about? No idea from description, it seems maybe to be a modmod for LOR? Yeah

It is in the "Download" link (see my Signature). I'm going to correct that... :crazyeye:

LoR_New Realism-v1X ('British')

REQUIREMENTS = This Mod-Comp is for "Civ4/BeyondTheSword" only, and based on one of the best Mods realized for this program, that is "Legends of Revolution", in it's "v-092"(the last for BtS-3.17). But I think it is so compatible with the following versions (BtS-3.19), because it contains only XML files changes and Art's folders add-on!
As you need the Mod "Legends of Revolution" first, if you don't have it you can find this basis to the download mirror :
Legends of Revolution & WolfRevolution list of download mirrors

DESCRIPTION = As its Mod of fastening, this Mod-Component can deceive only in English language (saddened for the others, but… to much work for a lonely boy!).

This Mod-Comp is the fruit of several studies carried out for approximately one year to mitigate certain strategic and tactical frustrations, even aesthetic and of historic representation as got me the basic game (Luckily, it evolved since…). Thus, my activity concentrated especially in these domains, almost without touching Civilizations and abstract part of the game-set.

CHANGES: The Strategic dimension is more important here, especially thanks to more ample naval and air movement, in better proportion with the ground possibilities (in the spirit). Feel reassured, the distances of offshore visibility are also greater, and adequate patrols can always avoid you of unpleasant surprises…
So, also to facilitate Campaigns, the survival of the units aggressors was improved (greater "WithdrawalProb" for all, notably for the Ships).
On the other hand, combat ships are more slowly built and the most complex units require henceforth of particular Building (Factory…) to be built.

From the Tactical point of view, numerous values (+ some 'Unit-AI') were modified at most of the Units, on one hand for a bigger detail in the diverse correlations between units, and on the other hand by taking into account the largest number of possible configurations.
So, to value the real Infantries, most of the Support units (AA, AT …) lose its capacity to occupy cities, and the Specialized units have henceforth more particular values of fight in their specific role.

The naval, the modern and aircraft systems hare the more significantly re-worked.
Most of the combat ships can fight henceforth several times in its mission (ex: a destroyer can attack various cargo boats of a fleet, without limiting itself to 1 and watching crossing the others!).
The air set-play is particularly enriched, also containing new values of Escape and Interception which allow more likely confrontations between the numerous types of planes (and according to periods / a biplane really has few chances to intercept a jet!).

UNITS: 15 new UnitClass, among which new "Skirmisher" (more usual than the Archers in ancient Europe), "NomadExplorer" (characteristic of some People), "Nave" (basic-essential), "NavalHelicopter", 4 new Plane's classes, and others…

GROUPSIZES: each unit is represented by GroupSize from 1 to 3 elements, according to the credibility of its nature (ex.: 1 Bear, 2 Lions, 3 Panthers and -only exception- 4 Wolves).

ARTISTIC: This Mod-Comp contains 315 new units (among which some as a replacement existing), among which 36 ships, 63 units for period WW2 and more than 116 diverse planes.
So, among all these models, more than 200 are "exclusive" because recently re-skinned by Nuvoloblu.

CIVILIZATIONS: Some new colours (see Byzantine, Maya, Mali, Native Americans …), and 2 new Leaders : Heraclyos (by TheCapo) and Mussolini (by ekmek).

TECHS: + Improved Flight.

MOD-COMP ADDED: "MerchantFleets" (by Tolish / who works only with the option "….Events"!).​

NOTES = You will notice that several Modern Units are represented by various Models, according to period (early, middle, late); but these will not appear thus maybe all, especially if you play with fast technological evolutions. However it constitutes a rich database for the potential of evolution of this Mod-Comp (or… for others ?!).

So, many additional Units are represented by generic models (neutrals) and this opens the door to the handymen to replace these by more national models than they can realize of themselves or find by consulting the products of the contributing Artists (cf. List) on this site.

Otherwise, this Mod-Comp already suffer from its presentation from the project in the course of Civ5, but I think personally that Civ4 / BtS (as Civ3 before him) will offer us even for a long time a lot of pleasure!
In this context -or as to end in highlight- I invite all those who would appreciate this Mod-Comp to participate in its evolution (by critics and/or activate participation), also because my technical limits prevented me from bringing all the wished modifications (in particular +Gloss on neutrals models).

DOWNLOAD = to "http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=15256"

THANKS = This realization was possible thanks to the magnificent work realized formerly by Wolfshanze (= base of LoR) and until August, 2010 by 35 various modellers and artists whose main things are (in order quantitative of models here used) Snafusmith, Walter Hawkwood, Bakuel, Danrell, Krugerpritz, Asio x3 and The_Coyote. The exhaustive (I hope!) list of these talented designers is in a separate specific leaf.

Thanks also in all those who by their activity, the example or the contempt inspired me this realization, by hoping that the fact of having sometimes copied their work (especially to mitigate my deficiencies in English and in informatics languages) values them as much as me.

COPYRIGHTS = This Mod-Comp is a non-profit work based on similar realisations, and no copyright infringement are intended. In the same spirit, all models are for free use in similar "non-profit/commercial" utilisations.

DISCLAIMER = This Mod-Comp is a free personal and unofficial work realized (in the biggest integrity!) by Nuvoloblu.
So, it is adapted to the "Civ4/BtS" game realized by "2K-Games" and "Firaxis-Games", but without any responsibility of these Companies -or of his designer- for any possible damage which could be caused by its download or its use.

Hey,

As it is about a "X" version, I would estimate(appreciate) a lot that among those who honour me with playing this ModComp there is who (playing the nice guinea pigs :twitch:) can confirm here that this one works very also with BtS-v3.19. :worship:
This would obviously allow modifying the description...

Besides, to improve here the presentation (according to councils and examples of the realizations of the previous speakers) without charging excessively the screen of big images, somebody would know how to indicate how realizing "spoiler"? :hmm:

Thank you for your participation. :bowdown:

Anyone have problems downloading this mod or it is only me...
Please someone...:mischief:

Sorry,

The server ' RapidShare ' did not work as expected, but only certain time. :badcomp:
I have just renewed the deposit in the new reference
http://rapidshare.com/files/415384392/LoR_NewRealism-v1X___British__.rar
Then download as ' Free User '.

If somebody (no Moderator) knows a waiter(server) of simple, reliable use (and free) … PLEASE that he indicates it!

Thank you for your understanding :cool:

I restored the link of the DOWNLOAD on the specific page of the Forum and you can henceforth again download the ModComp directly on its Tab "Download File".

I shall try to manage better it in the future …
:hammer2:

The spoiler
Spoiler :
is the button in the upper right of the advanced answering menu ;).

OK, thanks but I notice that it works with ' Insert Image ' and this one requires one "url". :rolleyes:
Thus, as long as I shall not have definitively solved my server problem, I am going to have to at the moment force myself to avoid future Spoilers "space"! :sad:

This version "X" requires apparently some last regulations, because I noticed that some details had escaped me. :hammer2:

While waiting for the version "A" (which waits for your comments to be realized), here are the corrections which you will have to realize directly in your Files. :worship:

Sorry / Thank you for your understanding.

[Modify PaddSteam + Transport = "only Defensive"!]
Change XML File> CIV4UnitInfos (in Units folder)

Replace line 23544
<bOnlyDefensive>1</ bOnlyDefensive>​

Replace line 23738
<bOnlyDefensive>1</ bOnlyDefensive>​

[Modify descript. Fighter + SuperFighter Ottoman (cause Bug!)]

Change XML File> CIV4UnitArtStyleTypeInfos (in Civilizations folder)

Replace lines 11064-11071
<StyleUnit>
<UnitType>UNIT_FIGHTER</UnitType>
<UnitMeshGroup>
<EarlyArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_UNIT_SUPER_FIGHTER_DXXI_EXPOR1</EarlyArtDefineTag>
<LateArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_UNIT_SUPER_FIGHTER_DXXI_EXPOR1</LateArtDefineTag>
<MiddleArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_UNIT_SUPER_FIGHTER_DXXI_EXPOR1</MiddleArtDefineTag>>
</UnitMeshGroup>
</StyleUnit>​

Replace lines 11080-11087
<StyleUnit>
<UnitType>UNIT_SUPER_FIGHTER</UnitType>
<UnitMeshGroup>
<EarlyArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_UNIT_SUPER_FIGHTER_F104_NEUTR</EarlyArtDefineTag>
<LateArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_UNIT_SUPER_FIGHTER_PHANTOM_TEAM</LateArtDefineTag>
<MiddleArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_UNIT_SUPER_FIGHTER_F104_NEUTR</MiddleArtDefineTag>
</UnitMeshGroup>
</StyleUnit>​

Hej friend..:)
Sorry I am really busy this days..my job started..:crazyeye: and I try to finish my next version...:crazyeye: so I dont have much time...but,
I check what you did with some units and I must say I love it...:goodjob:
I already use some of them for me..It would be great if you have some others that you didnt release...:mischief:
Anyway I must say I love your work and I find some really interesting stuff for me here...
Keep the good work....:goodjob:
Pozdrav!!

Hej friend..:)
Sorry I am really busy this days...
I check what you did with some units and I must say I love it...:goodjob:
I already use some of them for me...
Anyway I must say I love your work and I find some really interesting stuff for me here...
Keep the good work....:goodjob:
Pozdrav!!

Hello,
It is very nice and encouraging to write that this product offers of the interest (normally the users write only to grumble or because they have problems…).:lol:

I did my best to be in closer of the credibilities … So, for the attributed models, I informed as much as possible on the subsidies (endowments) of the diverse civilizations, even if sometimes (in the absence of adapted models! :dunno:) I had to resort to "arrangements"…

I am delighted that it inspires you and that you can benefit from it for your realizations!
Keep good work to… :goodjob:

Sorry for those who would not have been able to download these last days (it expires every 30 days !) … :sad:
I have just restored the link of the DOWNLOAD on the specific page of the Forum and you can download henceforth again directly this ModComp on its Tab " Download File ". :goodjob:

If you have a problem, leave PLEASE a message here.

Sorry for those who would not have been able to download these last days (it expires every 30 days !) … :sad:
I have just restored the link of the DOWNLOAD on the specific page of the Forum and you can download henceforth again directly this ModComp on its Tab " Download File ". :goodjob:

If you have a problem, leave PLEASE a message here.

Do you still upkeep this mod? I would love to play but the d/l is not working.

Top Bottom