Euro pre-order: is onlinekeystore.com a legit key resaler?

Teodosio

Warlord
Hello people,
I am going to pre-order Civ 5 before tomorrow, I am in Italy.
I am looking around for the best price and I have found onlinekeystore.com that offers a Steam key for 32 euros. I want a digital download since I want to play the game as soon as it's available! :)
Question: does anybody knows onlinekeystore.com? Is it a legit key resaler??? Many thanks! :D

If it's just a key, then my gut says "no".

If it's just a key, then my gut says "no".

If you miscalculate, and the store is not authorized to sell the game, Valve will disable your Steam account in a heartbeat. The same goes for eBay: People have bought other keys there, and they wonder why they can't use their accounts afterward. Valve takes this stuff very seriously, and it'd be next to impossible to get your account re-enabled.

Thank you people for your answers so far.
I have done more searching on the web and I have found that there are many other websites that re-sell Steam key codes at low prices but many customers had issues with them.
For what I could understand, it seems that those key-sellers often sell keys that were destined to asian or third-world markets. Several european customers report that their keys were de-activated after some time or their accounts were banned. In many cases they were unable to get a refund. Someone got another key as replacement and that was banned too after some time.

Better to play safe then... I just pre-ordered my digital download at www.game.co.uk for 37 €. Now I just need to have patience until the 24 :)

i made this complaint else where sorry if it dose not fully fit as a reply. but i found it fitting to post it as a reply to this thread

I first purchased the game with money bookers as the site dose not respond well to pay pal. i purchased one game and went through the money bookers site and once the payment was complete it redirected me back to onlinekeystore.com. once i got back to their site it said the order had an error, not using money bookers before i assumed i made a mistake and tried again... that was my fault as now i had actually payed for 2 games. so i emailed them and asked for one refund and for one of the game keys to be delivered via email. i had to send a screenshot of my money bookers page to confirm the payment i was fine with that.

3 days later i received a key but with no mention of my other accidental purchase. i then went to put the key in and it told me the key was already in use?? so i emailed them again telling them that the key was already used and that i still need a refund for the other accidental purchase.

its now over a week later and after several emails of me asking for a full refund of both purchases and telling them several times the key they gave me was used all i have been met with was a threatening email telling me i will be banned if i keep opening tickets regrading the issue.

SO I WARN ANY ONE wanting to purchase an online key for a game to not go through onlinekeystore.com there are many better services and i have since used 2 different sites to get keys and the delivery and payment options worked better and were near instant. ( 30min)

Top Bottom