[UI] AgS - Resource Info Panel

ArgentumStudios

Warlord
An info panel displaying current resource information for your civilization, similar to the city and unit lists in the info panel.

Release Information:

Version 2.0:
* Sort by name or resource totals
* Collapsible sections for each resource type
* Translations for DE, ES, FR, and IT
* Bug fixes

Spoiler Version 1.0 :

Version 1.0:
* Quantity of total available resources.
* Quantity of strategic resources used.
* Quantity of resources imported from other major civilizations.
* Quantity of resources exported to other major civilizations.
* Individual sections for strategic, luxury, and bonus resources.

Future Development Roadmap:
* Add tooltips detailing each resource, including:
*** Total from your civilization.
*** Total from trade with major civilizations
*** Total from city state alliances.
*** Total for each unit/building type using a strategic resource.
* Add Resource Overview panel with more detailed breakdown of resources (similar to Military and Economic Overview panels)
*** Individual listing of imports and exports by civilization and city state
*** Individual listing of strategic resource usage by unit and building
*** Individual deal information for imposts/exports (turns remaining, etc...)
* Change implementation so that no core game files are modified and all functionality is implemented in new mod specific files. (Not entirely sure this is possible, still investigating and experimenting)
* ... any other ideas that pop up. ;)

Inclusion in other mods:
Since this is just a component I don't have any problem with this being included in other mods or mod packages, but credit would be nice. I will be making changes to it throughout the near future so it may be best to keep an eye on this thread. If the mod association features start working, just add this mod as a Reference and there will be less need for manually updating/merging unless combining with other mods that change InfoCorner.lua or InfoPanel.xml (I'm hoping to remove this dependency though).

Where to get it:
This mod is in the in-game Mod Browser under User Interface > Widgets

Alternatively you can download it manually from: CivFanatics

Attachments

• AgSResourceInfoPanelScreenshot_v2.png
    AgSResourceInfoPanelScreenshot_v2.png
    132.6 KB · Views: 111,233
Wow, that's quite comprehensive! I like the simple implementation and integrating it into the InfoCorners. Hope you don't mind me peering through your code, can never learn enough UI programming :)

Thanks. I wanted to do something a little different, but still keep it simple. I have a lot more I want to add (as listed above), but I thought some feedback would be good. I want to make it useful, but only have it showing you information you want when you want it.

I don't mind at all. After I've worked out a few more things I will probably start a thread or blog about some of the issues I ran into, tips, and best practices. If I manage to do insert the panel without modifying InfoCorners.lua/xml directly, I'll post how to do that as well. There's still a lot to be learned about the limitations of the lua api. :)

Just downloaded this.
Tremendously useful. Thanks a lot for posting it.

This is actually exactly what I was going to add in my own mod... Started out attempting to make a new screen with tabbed pages, got fed up with it, switched to the infopanel. :lol:

Very nice work! Any issues if I use this in my mod? I'm aware your post says it's fine, but I always like to ask. :goodjob:

Edit: The one change I'd recommend is to swap the order they are displayed. You don't need strategic on top, not when it's already on the top bar; I'd have it Luxury, Bonus, Strategic.

Tried it out, looks real nice. Only wish there was a hotkey for it :)

Though I think i'll have to customize this one as well. Not really interested in how many sheep, cows, and fish i have. Whats the point? You can't trade it.

Good stuff though thanks!

Though I think i'll have to customize this one as well. Not really interested in how many sheep, cows, and fish i have. Whats the point? You can't trade it.

Will be important in my own mod, as they'll be required for some buildings. ;)

Thanks. Not knocking the way things are setup on this forum, but it would have been a lot nicer if the author stated exactly where I could find this.

For other newbies I found this in the game's MODS option under User Interface > Widgets.

Sorry I haven't replied in a few days, my main system died just after I posted this, so I spent the last couple days rebuilding. Great times. ;)

Just downloaded this.
Tremendously useful. Thanks a lot for posting it.

You're welcome! Feel free to offer any feedback or requests you have! :)

This is actually exactly what I was going to add in my own mod... Started out attempting to make a new screen with tabbed pages, got fed up with it, switched to the infopanel. :lol:

Very nice work! Any issues if I use this in my mod? I'm aware your post says it's fine, but I always like to ask. :goodjob:

Edit: The one change I'd recommend is to swap the order they are displayed. You don't need strategic on top, not when it's already on the top bar; I'd have it Luxury, Bonus, Strategic.

Thanks. :) Feel free to incorporate it into your mod. I'll switch around the ordering, you're right that it doesn't make sense to list Strategic first.

Sweet!

Guess it's time to throw away my tweaked copy of the luxury resource display mod. Nice work mang!

I'm glad you like it! Adding a hotkey shouldn't be hard. Also it'll probably be nicer once I add the collapsible sections so you won't need to see the Bonus resources. I may try making it configurable so that you can control which groups show up. ;)

Yep, cool mod. I like. :goodjob:

Thanks! Let me know any thoughts you have to improve it!

This must be a secret society - where is the download link?

Thanks. Not knocking the way things are setup on this forum, but it would have been a lot nicer if the author stated exactly where I could find this.

For other newbies I found this in the game's MODS option under User Interface > Widgets.

You make a good point. I'll edit the first post and add a link to where it can be downloaded here at Civ Fanatics and where it is in the mod browser. Thanks for the feedback! :)

Very useful. Works without glitches for me so far (version 1, that is, dled it yesterday). So thanks and good work.:goodjob:

Do I have to download new versions from the Mod browser or does it update automatically to any new version?

Future Development Roadmap:
*** Individual listing of imports and exports by civilization and city state
*** Individual deal information for imposts/exports (turns remaining, etc...)
This would be exactly what I also want to see and would have suggested had you not thought of this first.

Very useful. Works without glitches for me so far (version 1, that is, dled it yesterday). So thanks and good work.:goodjob:

Do I have to download new versions from the Mod browser or does it update automatically to any new version?

This would be exactly what I also want to see and would have suggested had you not thought of this first.

Thanks. :) It seems as though you need to download the new version, the mod browser won't automatically update it.

I'm working on the tool tips and overview next. Hopefully v2 will be useful enough until I get v3 done. ;)

You're welcome! Don't hesitate to provide any other feedback you may have. I'm actively working on v2 right now and plan to release it within the next week. :)

I did have a bug that I found (and it might be with my resolution 1680x1050). The :) or :mad: faces in the top no longer have the tooltip when you put your mouse on them telling you the breakdown. It shows the tooltip info for either the item to the left of it or the item to the right of it (I can't remember what they are right now). Is there an easy way to fix this?

Top Bottom