SGOTM 12 - One Short Straw

I'm not sure of the exact mechanics, though I think I remember an AI liberating a city to me even when I was not putting down culture on the city tile. However at the moment Galley City has more French culture on it than ours, so if he gifts it back before we can put more culture on it then he will probably gift it to De Gaulle.

Worker Leapfrogging

Here's an example of what I meant by worker leapfrogging. IN this example, the sugar-N tile gets scrubbed for 4t before the workers have to finally move beyond its range.

This was how I had originally worked it out assuming Moscow builds revolt(1t)-wkr(3t)-wkr(2t)-settler(4t)-settler(4t)-movement(3t), so we had to have the city site and pigs scrubbed in 17t. Now, since we're planning to wait 2t before revolting and also maybe build a chariot for 2t, there will be some extra turns available. Whoever plays can work that out, but I assume that means we could also fit in roading the cows pigs and maybe roading the rice too. The key is to have both scrubbed and workers wiating to work on the turn the city is settled. The sooner we connect and work the cows, the better.

It's of course, critical that the worker that is scrubbing gets his action canceled each turn.

Attachments

• SG12 T75 roading south1 example.JPG
    SG12 T75 roading south1 example.JPG
    65.2 KB · Views: 153
Ok, I didn't realize you were talking about pre-scrubbing stuff like sugar. I was losing some of those turns, but roading and scrubbing rice before the city is settled, with two workers ready to pasture pigs when settled. I'll figure something out...

What cows? Do you mean pigs, or am I missing something?

Yeah, the thing people sometimes don't realize is that moving both workers onto the fallout doesn't speed roading up, it's just worker turns gone with the wind.

bbp, when are you planning on playing?

Tonight at some point. I still wanna play around with the worker actions, but I can follow yours to avoid another feedback loop.

Edit: I mean just play 2-3t as described, I'm not going further than that today.

I must have missed this, but is there a reason we can't gift CoL and/or Math already at 1000 BC? You plan has us doing this the next turn (i.e. 975 BC).

I completely missed this. mdy, when and where were the archers?
It's in his last turnset report, which I found quickly and easily using your page 1 report... :p
There are two French archers (one with combat 1) hanging around to the west, so I have sent our scout there back to the galley city, which is currently in danger of culture flipping to France.
It must have been last turn, because you can see how far he fogbusted. ;)

At 1040 B.C. there was one unpromoted archer on the gems tile in French territory. The combat 1 archer was 1SW 1W of that location.

^ Ok. So the C1 archer is off exploring, I guess.

It's in his last turnset report, which I found quickly and easily using your page 1 report... :p It must have been last turn, because you can see how far he fogbusted. ;)
:lol: Excellent, thx. :hide:

The French seem to have tunnel vision:

Spoiler :

Attachments

• SG12 T74 dG archers0000.JPG
    SG12 T74 dG archers0000.JPG
    99.6 KB · Views: 153
Turn 76

Churchill +6 Looks like tech, unless it was a bit of land score (no time to figure out now) - overall soldiers up 9k
Confucian auto-spread in Moscow :D

Turn 77

Roosevelt +6; De Gaulle -6 (Overall pop dropped - DG whipped - not Paris; overall soldiers up 12k)
DG is Gandhi's worst enemy :thumbsup:
OB signed
Gandhi won't trade Poly or Masonry (We don't want to start trading this away yet)
We can take everything else with CS - I choose not to take Archery - Done deal
Copper is 2S+1E of Moscow

Spoiler :

Here is your Session Turn Log from 1000 BC to 950 BC:

Turn 75, 1000 BC: You have discovered Civil Service!
Turn 75, 1000 BC: You are the worst enemy of Churchill, De Gaulle, Roosevelt, Gandhi, Mao Zedong, Stalin the Despicable.
Turn 75, 1000 BC: Gandhi will trade Agriculture, Alphabet, Archery, Bronze Working, Masonry, Polytheism, Pottery, Sailing
Turn 75, 1000 BC: Will Sign Peace Treaty: Churchill, De Gaulle, Gandhi, Mao Zedong, Roosevelt, Stalin the Despicable
Turn 75, 1000 BC: You have made peace with Gandhi!
Turn 75, 1000 BC: You are the worst enemy of Churchill, De Gaulle, Roosevelt, Gandhi, Mao Zedong, Stalin the Despicable.
Turn 75, 1000 BC: Will Sign Peace Treaty: Churchill, De Gaulle, Mao Zedong, Roosevelt, Stalin the Despicable
Turn 75, 1000 BC: Will Sign Peace Treaty: Churchill, De Gaulle, Mao Zedong, Roosevelt, Stalin the Despicable
Turn 75, 1000 BC: Fish will grow to size 4 on the next turn.
Turn 75, 1000 BC: Confucianism has spread in Moscow.

Turn 76, 975 BC: Fish has grown to size 4.
Turn 76, 975 BC: Gandhi adopts Caste System!

Turn 77, 950 BC: De Gaulle is the worst enemy of Gandhi.
Turn 77, 950 BC: Gandhi will trade Agriculture, Alphabet, Archery, Bronze Working, Pottery, Sailing
Turn 77, 950 BC: Will Sign Open Borders: Gandhi
Turn 77, 950 BC: You have discovered Agriculture!
Turn 77, 950 BC: You have discovered Pottery!
Turn 77, 950 BC: You have discovered Sailing!
Turn 77, 950 BC: You have discovered Alphabet!
Turn 77, 950 BC: You have discovered Bronze Working!
Turn 77, 950 BC: You have discovered a source of Copper near Moscow!

Our score graph looks nuts. :lol: @LC, that's how it's done. ;)

This is a fun turnset.

Great job! :goodjob:

So I assume that our warrior is in place to threaten DeG and we can get a cheap DoP with him this turn. :confused:

Also, in your next turnset, don't forget to revolt to Slavery and Bureacracy.

I wonder if Gandhi is working on the GLH or the 'Mids by not trading Masonry. In the test game he was willing to give it up.

I wonder if Gandhi is working on the GLH or the 'Mids by not trading Masonry. In the test game he was willing to give it up.
Doesn't matter. We'll just take it with Currency later.

Doesn't matter. We'll just take it with Currency later.

I agree that it doesn't matter from a trade perspective. I was just wondering if we could gain some insights based on the fact that he won't trade it. Typically, an AI won't trade something until enough AI know it (should only be one other AI for Gandhi, right?) or because the tech leads to some kind of race (e.g. wonder, religion, Liberalism, etc.).

Top Bottom