New series: Ancient Egyptian

When I first saw some of the Civ5 leaderheads, my mouth began to water.

This new series is only the second time my mouth has began to water over graphics.

Keep up the good work :goodjob:

I think that, finally, they are in the same level as professional gfx work.
Mind you it took me an aeon to get here... :)

I think your work has been pretty close to that previously, but you're right that these newest cities are on a different level. Actually the poor original Civ3 units next to them are now looking less professional :)

These look quite good. It's very interesting to compare city sets from just a relatively short while ago to now; they look so much better as time goes on.

I think your work has been pretty close to that previously, but you're right that these newest cities are on a different level. Actually the poor original Civ3 units next to them are now looking less professional :)

I agree - the ones you're making now are absolutely superb. Definitively better than your earlier work, even though that was also excellent. Put against Ares' terrain like that, Civ III looks better than ever.

Right way! :) Love them much more than previous single-building cities. And I completely agree with every word from Plotinus.

I agree - the ones you're making now are absolutely superb. Definitively better than your earlier work, even though that was also excellent. Put against Ares' terrain like that, Civ III looks better than ever.
I third this. I've always been a big fan of your work, particularly the series that came before the fantasy one, but this is the highest level ever ! Amazing :goodjob:

Your progression in design is astounding, you are really achieving a true harmony between your art and how the original designers envisioned the game.

I agree with everyone here, your new series is excelent!

I was never drawn to your 3D city sets because they were too diferent in style to the other civ3 graphics, but your new work has much more detail and the textures are awesome!

You should consider doing 4 era sets for the 5 different cultures, so epic mod makers can use more of your work ;)

I agree with everyone here, your new series is excelent!

I was never drawn to your 3D city sets because they were too diferent in style to the other civ3 graphics, but your new work has much more detail and the textures are awesome!

You should consider doing 4 era sets for the 5 different cultures, so epic mod makers can use more of your work ;)
Actually this latest direction works well for era generic, I just pray you do at least 5 culture groups for it.

Yes, Industrial can look horrid if you follow firaxis's direction. However unless a city relies upon heavy industry you really would only need to do 1 or maybe 2 sizes with a industrial type building.

I never liked the "factory" infested look of Firaxis industrial citysets. Why shouldnt they be Victorian style for the euro culture group for instances?

Top Bottom