german rifleman

bernie14

Filter Manipulator
good news and bad news....

the good news first....this is a german rifleman that uses CIV5 RIFLEMAN animations, i was able to use deliverators musketman blend template and modify it slightly to produce the new blend (the blend and fbx files included) u can see by the in game pics that the model and animations seem OK :D

the bad news, i am a MAJOR XML failure!!!! i tried to make this a flavor unit for germany and failed miserably

if anyone could successfully make this a german flavor unit, it would serve a a great template for unit diversity mods

DOWNLOAD the art files, blend, gr2, fxsxml and fbx (need to make your own xmls)

GREAT thanks to deliverator, lemmy, blinky, danrell and others for their awesome work...

and KAEL :bowdown:

Attachments

• gerrm.jpg
    gerrm.jpg
    352.5 KB · Views: 4,885
If this is one of your failures, I'd like to see one of your unqualified successes. ;)

Nice work. Beautiful unit. I love the uniforms. :thumbsup:

Lovely unit, bernie. Glad you managed to figure out getting it into the game.

Personally, I think it is OK for unit modders to just release their unit art files rather than create full gameplay mods for the unit they've made. I've been releasing my units in the form of mods that just showcase the art. There are more people around capable of putting the graphics into a proper gameplay mod than there are unit artists, so I think is better for the unit artist to focus on what they do best.

Personally, I think it is OK for unit modders to just release their unit art files rather than create full gameplay mods for the unit they've made. I've been releasing my units in the form of mods that just showcase the art. There are more people around capable of putting the graphics into a proper gameplay mod than there are unit artists, so I think is better for the unit artist to focus on what they do best.

I totally agree with that.
By the way, awesome work here bernie. iam gonna use it in my mod. thanks a lot!

-nudden

Really beautifull work !

Could you make the french rifleman and the english rifleman from the Napoleonic Area ?

thanks everyone....

@deliverator, i know u r right, but i was just thinking that there are some that can do graphics, some that can code, some that can do both and some that can do neither, so if i would be able to code the unit properly, those that could do neither would have a playable unit ready to go :sad:

Really beautifull work !

Could you make the french rifleman and the english rifleman from the Napoleonic Area ?

give me some pics and which civ5 animations u want (we have minuteman and rifleman so far) and i may be able to give it a go

That is beautiful, Bernie14. Civ5 is just screaming for a Franco-Prussian War mod. any takers? Here's a very suitable unit for that.

superb :D

ok, thanx to you guys I think there's enough units out there to start to include some "ethnic diversity" in my R.E.D. mod. ;)

Top Bottom