Techs Add Commerce

LyTning94

Dragonborn
Techs Add Commerce
Download Here

Download Edited Source Files Here

This mod allows technologies to increase the commerce output of all cities controlled by the player who has researched the tech. For this reason +2 research from technologies is much more potent than +2 research from from a building, because if you have, for instance, ten cities, you will actually be getting a bonus of 20 research total.

The commerce changes take effect in alll cities immediately after researching the technology, and will also affect any future cities built or captured by that civilization.

The change has also been updated in the City Screen, Civilopedia, and the Tech Tree.

The new XML Tag used to add commerce increase to a tech is identical to the <CommerceChanges> tag in Civ4BuildingInfos.xml (see example below). Because of the tag order in the schema, the tag must always be added last, following the <Button> tag.

Tag Example:

Code:
<TechInfo>	
        <Type>TECH_MYSTICISM</Type>
	<Button>,Art/Interface/Buttons/TechTree/Mysticism.dds,Art/Interface/Buttons/TechTree_Atlas.dds,4,11</Button>
	<CommerceChanges>
		<iCommerce>0</iCommerce>
		<iCommerce>0</iCommerce>
		<iCommerce>2</iCommerce>
		<iCommerce>0</iCommerce>
	</CommerceChanges>			
</TechInfo>

(This example would add +2 culture to Mysticism)

In regards to the text entries, all five languages are present, but I can only guarantee accuracy in the English entry. If someone notices an error in an entry, please make me aware so I can correct it.

Some screenshots:

Spoiler :
Civilopedia

The Tech Tree

And the city screen

All changes in the source files are marked with "XML Tag: CommerceChanges" comments.

Nice to see that it worked :goodjob:.
Might be useful for some mods :yup:.

Unrelated: You should better put your files into the download database, they then don't count to your attachement space (but wait 2 days, so that they don't need approval).
Oh, and add an example screenshot please :).

I apologize for any issues anyone might have had with my mod. I fixed the problem and updated the files, so it should be working now.

Unrelated: You should better put your files into the download database, they then don't count to your attachement space (but wait 2 days, so that they don't need approval).
Oh, and add an example screenshot please :).

Thanks for the advice :)

I would really appreciate the source, so someone could use it as a true modcomp.

Top Bottom