Jurimax 1 - Ottomans on Top

Jurimax

Duke of Flanders
Hi all,

since I always seem to miss the start of an SG or the level is out of my league, I decided to start my own SG.

Before getting into detail about the game, I'd first like to say a thing or two about my playing skills. I'm an average player, sometimes I can't even win on regent, this is mainly due to my lack of MM skills. So I would like someone else to start with the first turns, as I wouldn't want to make any irreversable mistakes early on.

The Game: (open for debate)

Can the Ottomans overcome the Agricultural powers of Civilization?

Standard - raging - cont 60% water - arid - cool - 3 bill years
We: Ottomans
They:
Celts
Maya
Netherlands
Aztecs
Sumeria
Iroquois
Inca

Culturally linked: OFF

Highest aggression

This could be the start:

Attachments

• Jurimax1-400BC.JPG
    Jurimax1-400BC.JPG
    22.1 KB · Views: 722
Some extra game info:

version: C3C 1.22
barbarians: installed "barb fixer" (can be found in GOTM forum)
this one's open for debate
rules: ??? (help needed)
time: standard: 24/48
teammembers: 5

Greetz Jurimax

Isn't anybody interested? Or is something wrong with the game setup? (Please let me know, so I can adjust it).

Roster:
open
open
open
Jurimax
open

Greetz Jurimax

I can't see anything what's wrong. Just be patient, this forum is mainly visited by the high-level SG veterans, who naturally won't be that interested in joining.

But a mid-level SG is definetely a good idea - though it may be helpful if you'd post the level. ;)

(By using seedbeast, you can start that nice start on any level you agree on again, in case you didn't know this).

Doc Tsiolkovski said:
... But a mid-level SG is definetely a good idea - though it may be helpful if you'd post the level. ;)...
:wallbash: :wallbash:

Stupid me, the level would be Regent, but if requested I could make it Monarch (thnx to the tip DocT provided (SeedBeast))

Greetz Jurimax

You might consider advertising this elsewhere in the forum, like the tips and strategies forum. People asking for help in moving from warlord to regent or from regent to monarch might be interested. And you could also ask for a higher level player to help as a guide, so that by the end you will all be capable of playing in some of those higher level games. Having a higher player signed up will also make your 'spam' elsewhere more effective, I would imagine.

Edit: I am not exactly qualified to be that person, by the way, and I don't really have the time as I am buried in SGs and school related stuff. But if you don't have anyone in the next couple of days, I could possibly reconsider.

Thanx a lot for your nice comments bed head7. I'll try to advertise in Tips and Strat (without spamming ;)). And it would be great if one of the higher level players would like to join to guide us.

If I'm not successfull at recruiting, I'd be glad to have you as a trainer (I read a couple of SGs where you play in, and I must say you're really a gifted player :goodjob: ).

Greetz Jurimax

(perhaps a mod can change the topic title to
"Jurimax 1 - TrainingDayRegent - Ottomans on Top")

Well, that is quite an exaggeration. But flattery generally is a fairly effective method of getting someone to do something. I know it is a bad idea, as far as time management goes, but I guess I'll join.

Edit: you are upping the level to Monarch, right? And this won't be Training Day type game. That was a whole different thing. This will be a game somewhat more similar to Jumpmasters, which I am actually still playing in though I now feel quite comfortable on Emperor.

Second edit: I now see you have replaced tmarcl in his game. You will get a lot out of playing with DocT, since he is much more comfortable in a teaching role than I will be.

You need to pick universal settings and post all immediately. This 'barb fix' may cause most people not to play if it requires them to install a non-official patch. Also, you just justify your settings with an intended game path (warmonger, culture, training, etc).

@ bed head7
I do believe I can have a go in tmarcl's game, so that ought to give me a feel bout SG's

@ sourboy
after rereading some initial posts of SG's I can see where I went wrong:
1 I was being to general
2 in some SG's I already noticed that most of the people are reluctant to use the 'barb-fix'

so, I guess Jurimax 1 won't get started, but I won't give up yet (perhaps someday Jurimax 2 will get started :D :D )

Greetz Jurimax

I have won on Regent, but get my butt handed to me on Monarch (falling hopelessly behind on tech).

This would be my first SG, and my first time playing Arid/Cool (I usually play middle ground on both), but I'm game if you'd like. Especially if lurkers will be commenting on the moves and pointing out mistakes.

That would be great, what level do you prefer? Regent or Monarch? (current save is Regent, but I could get a Monarch save)
What do you feel about the barb fix? Should we use it? (if not, then that's fine by me)

Would you be prepared to start the game? (first 20 turns)

Preliminary roster:

allin1joe
open
open
Jurimax
open
(rethought: 5 instead of 6)

@ bed head7:
Are you still willing to join and guide us a little bit?

Greetz Jurimax

Either level is fine. Regent is preferable, especially if I'm starting off :)

As for the barb fix, my barbs are running all over the place and I haven't done anything with the game. So, I'm assuming the AIPNoPatrol is set correctly(how exactly do I check again?). I do think we should have the barbs fixed.

If bedhead is joining up, I'd suggest letting him start. Either that, or I will post my strategy here before I play and let it get ripped to shreads a bit before I go ahead. It would be wonderful if one of the regulars would join up to keep us newbies in line :)

I edited some of the earlier posts to let the choice of level and barb fix open.
Some of the more regular players don't like to fix the game with a unofficial patch, so we'll see as the team grows where we'll go on that topic.

Greetz Jurimax
and welcome

BTW, do you have Civ Assist or another utility to help with the MM?

Okay, via SeedBeast I created a Monarch save with just the same settings,
the only difference is that right next to our starting units there's a GH.
So in case we'll go Monarch, we'll at least have something ;) .

Greetz Jurimax

I pretty fair on Monarch, never lost a game (Yet Ive only played like 4) but have never played an SG. I'm looking forward to getting in on one so how about we play a Monarch and I can help out being a guide. As long as there isn't any catches this could be a good experience for players trying to step up to Monarch and I've been looking for some people to discuss Civ with.

Whadda ya say?

My AIM is KabeDerlin and my email is wufeichang@gmail.com or you can just reply here. Heh. I really can't see why this hasn't taken off yet with all the trainees wanting to learn how to play.

Welcome KabeDerlin
and thanks for your guidance.

Where would you like to be in the roster?
Preliminary roster:
allin1joe
open
open
Jurimax
open

As this'll be Monarch you could also swap places with allin1joe, so he doesn't have to start and perhaps goes second.

Greetz Jurimax, and yet again welcome.

Depending on a few factors I'd like to be either first, second or third.

How many turns are we taking each? I heard twenty mentioned earlier I think so if that is the case then I think on any level I could be pretty effective if I went first.

If we are doing ten or fifteen turns each and it is not a Monarch game I would prefer going second or third.

Otherwise it really doesn't matter to me. Joe, would you be comfortable going first on a Monarch game?

Edit: Also on a further note. I'm not wussing out here but as I said my experience in winning on Monarch is limited and so perhaps we should tone down the extreme hostilities described in the settings above. Maybe lower the agression or make it moderate or 4 billion years.

If we are to use the Ottomans a 3 billion year map wouldn't be very kind to our UU.

Top Bottom