Euro 2004 Prediction Contest !

Marla_Singer

United in diversity

and the winner is...

-OBLIVION- !

In 2 weeks, the European Nations Cup held in Portugal will finally start. [dance]

Since you obviously like to bet upon winners. I propose you to send me your predictions (or prognosis) BEFORE the competition will start. Then, we could give points according to the accuracy of the predictions among the quarters, the semis, the final, etc... :)

Here is a website I've quickly made about the Euro : :D
Marla's Euro 2004 Website

Here is an Excel sheet I've created to pick your teams : ;)
Excel Euro 2004 Sheet
06/05/2004 : The file have been improved and updated

Here is my e-mail :
Marla's mail

Ok, I've spent a whole week-end on the stuff above, so please at least pretend to be interested in it. :D

RULES :
  1. Download the Excel file.
  2. Fill it FULLY.
  3. Send it to my e-mail (or post it here) BEFORE the first game will be played.
  4. For quarters, semis and the final, post your predictions HERE only once they are all known and before they are played.

List of current recorded players :
  • Addiv
  • Anarchy
  • Black Fluffy Lion
  • Bremp
  • Calgacus
  • Dell19
  • Hitro
  • Inter32
  • JMK
  • KaeptnOvi
  • Karl Lenin
  • Kinniken
  • Krysczcztov
  • Marla
  • MCdread
  • Mr President
  • Oblivion
  • Phoenix Night
  • Rhye
  • Stormbind
  • Supersalmons
  • Swingue
  • Zarth
  • Zenga
  • Zurickuk

Well Hitro did volunteer to make his own Euro 2004 competition game but since your's is a prediction league whilst on his we would be picking players, I'm sure we can do both :) And I am interested btw.

Well, I wasn't there for a while (was on... holidays), that's why I haven't participated to Hitro's thread. :blush:

However, both aren't the same at all (as you've mentionned). One is a mere "who's gonna win" contest, Hitro is a well-thought "Dream Team" contest. We can do both. :)

If you want I can rename this thread ? What would be better ? Prediction or Prognosis ? Well it's up to you.

By the way, you should pick an eye on the website, I've already posted my predictions there :).

Oh, and by the way, I'm sorry Hitro that you don't have excel, well, you can use word or even the private message if you want. You can find the calendar available on my website. I'm just sad you can't see that excel file, cause it's well elaborated ! Well, that's not that bad ;).

Spreadsheet is broken im sorry to say. I gave Bulgaria and Switzerland three losses. The tables on the spreadsheet show three draws. The spreadsheet and website are very good and well presented and thought out otherwise. Just a question, what does the number next to the teams on the website mean in the group listing?

Attachments

• Euro 2004 one.JPG
    Euro 2004 one.JPG
    55.4 KB · Views: 118
  • Euro 2004 two.JPG
    Euro 2004 two.JPG
    3.3 KB · Views: 152
REPAIRED ! :D

Ok. Oblivion and Anarchy... I've been a bit too fast while posting the files. :blush:

Both of your observations have been repaired. Download again the excel spreadsheet, now it should work. :)

EDIT : Well, if you've redownloaded the file and realized the bugs didn't appear, please confirm that to me... :)

Ok, I've received one file. However, I think it's Anarchy's...

Oblivion, did you have Portugal, Italy, England and the Netherlands in the last 4 ? (with England winning it ?)

anarchywrksbest said:
On mine none of the losses appeared.

And what to you enter in the two boxes for playoffs? Penailties?
Yeah. The large boxes are for goals, and the small ones are for penalties. :)

-oblivion- said:
Just a question, what does the number next to the teams on the website mean in the group listing?
It's a ranking of different nations' Histories during the past Euros. :)
1st is Germany with 3 victories, France is 2nd with 2 victories, Russia is third with 1 victory but also with 4 finals played, etc...

The file has been received Oblivion, I'll upload it tomorrow cause it's too late now.

By the way, I don't know how to record the scores for the predictions. How do you do usually for the Champions' league ? It's quite messy between those who predict the right scores, the right victories and losses, the right qualifications, etc... :crazyeye:

How can I change the predicyions? It says I can't since they are read only cells..

Inter32 said:
How can I change the predicyions? It says I can't since they are read only cells..
On the Excel file you've downloaded, there should be 3 sheets. You can't change two of them : Tables and Playoffs. They are just here to clarify how things are predicted.

The third sheet, which is the more on the left, is named "Facts sheet". Here, you should be able to write the scores you want for all the games available. The file should automatically determine the quarter finals according to the results you've given for the preliminary round.

Hope it helps... tell me about it if it doesn't help.

Top Bottom