Bug Reporting

Ok, so i read through the last 30 pages or so of this topic, but didn't find a solution. I apologise if the answer can be found elsewhere in this topic :king:.)

I recently reinstalled CIv4 + WLords + BTS (3.19) with all necessary updates and patches. I'm on Vista 64bit btw. It all used to work perfectly, but now I have problems with BAT 3.0.1 + BULL 1.2 (build 182) + BUG 4.4 (build 2220).

When i want to look at the combat stats they turn pink (please see screen 1), and when i hover over a tech i want to invent it gives me a line of code ... (see screen 2)

I installed BAT and BUG before, with BULL and it all worked perfectly. This time it does not. :confused: I am convinced that i followed the BULL install-readme to the letter!!

Where did i go wrong ?
Is there a (perhaps earlier?) version of BUG with BULL included, so i only have to install one add-on ?

Thx guys !!

Attachments

• screen1.jpg
    screen1.jpg
    231.1 KB · Views: 78
  • screen2.jpg
    screen2.jpg
    325 KB · Views: 101
BAT already includes both BUG and BULL so the only reason to install the others separately is if you need to play BUG games without BAT. If that's not the case and you want every game to include BAT, just use BAT.

You can try removing your CustomAssets folder from the My Games / BTS folder. If you've installed BUG and BULL into BAT's folder, you'll need to remove and reinstall BAT.

When installed on a non-english windows in a path that contains non-latin characters - mod initializes, but some icons and symbols are not shown properly.
When installed in a completely latin-char path using AltRoot, using cvaltroot.py - mod completely fails to initialize.
When installed as mod - mod works almost perfectly, but PLE does not initialize, unit sorting buttons do not show up.

When installed as mod - mod works almost perfectly, but PLE does not initialize, unit sorting buttons do not show up.

PLE is not enabled by default. BUG has multiple unit list drawing modes, PLE being one of them. Open the options screen and select PLE.

I do not know if this is exactly a bug. But when you have many available resources (foreign advisor screen - resources - top window), they go beyond the screen and therefore can not see all. I'm trying to modify the CvExoticForeignAdvisor.py where I think that will solve the problem, but could not find the right way. Can you help me? :)

@Cruel - Can you please post a screenshot? I think I know what you're talking about, but I'm not sure how to help.

@Cruel - Can you please post a screenshot? I think I know what you're talking about, but I'm not sure how to help.

Sure, here it is:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
I know that if you enter a limit to the line of suplies as a column will work, but my programming is very basic ...

Looks that panel needs a horizontal scroll bar added to it. Look for code else where that adds a scroll bar. That will only work if the images are actually attached to the panel and not just displayed as if they were. that said, I would expect that the scroll bar will be pretty wide and trash the actual icons - maybe left and right arrows similar to the unit scrolling on the main screen would be the way to go.

Actually I thought of double vertical bar surplus resources to fit 2x more (already got it) And as well as create a margin for resources and apply a vertical scroll bar which is already available in this same screen. (I did not get). You know how?

Using the BAT mod for BtS 3.19 found at the website I usually get a crash whenever I click on "Exit to desktop" from a running game. I also sometimes get a crash when Alt+Tabbing while playing online.

EDIT: Does BAT include changes to the dll besides those in BULL? If it does not, I could try to debug this crash by compiling BULL myself.

Using the BAT mod for BtS 3.19 found at the website I usually get a crash whenever I click on "Exit to desktop" from a running game. I also sometimes get a crash when Alt+Tabbing while playing online.
The crash to desktop when exiting is a known issue. I seem to remember something about a bad sound file was the cause. Search in this thread for music or sound and see what you find.

The crash to desktop when exiting seems gone with those changes. The crash to desktop at random moments (now it also happens even when I don't use Alt+Tab at all) remains. Which code do I need to compile the dll used in latest BAT stable as a debug build?. I'm getting these crashes a lot so it should be relatively easy to come up with a stacktrace.

EDIT: Does BAT include changes to the dll besides those in BULL? If it does not, I could try to debug this crash by compiling BULL myself.
BAT's DLL is different from the currently released version of BULL.

The crash to desktop when exiting seems gone with those changes. The crash to desktop at random moments (now it also happens even when I don't use Alt+Tab at all) remains. Which code do I need to compile the dll used in latest BAT stable as a debug build?. I'm getting these crashes a lot so it should be relatively easy to come up with a stacktrace.
I'm not quite sure that I understand exactly why you are having this issue. Have you altered the Python or XML in any way?

BAT's DLL is different from the currently released version of BULL.

I see... I can't debug the issue then.

I'm not quite sure that I understand exactly why you are having this issue. Have you altered the Python or XML in any way?

Besides changes to the Text subfolder (spanish translation texting) and the fix for the other issue suggested before, I have not made any changes.

EDIT: As I mentioned before I noticed the crash in my recent multiplayer game, but I don't remember having any crashes (except the crash at exit) in single player at all.

I see... I can't debug the issue then.

Besides changes to the Text subfolder (spanish translation texting) and the fix for the other issue suggested before, I have not made any changes.

EDIT: As I mentioned before I noticed the crash in my recent multiplayer game, but I don't remember having any crashes (except the crash at exit) in single player at all.
Ah. BAT doesn't play nice with Multiplayer for some reason. It's hit or miss at best, and BAT 3.0 adds the concept of unit graphic switching by using a clumsy unit kill function. That might be what is messing things up. I'm working on a fix for BAT 4 that doesn't use the Python kill function, but it's a staggering amount of work because all of BAT's Unit XML has to be changed to accommodate it.

Top Bottom