Is there going to be a boxed Collectors Edition?

Did you really?! For Civ???? Sweettt let's hope it comes state side!!. Peice of Mind said he saw it at Eb too.

I didn't see it but the salesperson told me it was an option, but with no price yet. When I asked if he meant a deluxe or steam exclusive edition, he insisted it was listed as a "collector's" edition.

Azarael101, I bet many people are now eagerly awaiting your next post. :) It's going to be pretty exciting news by the sounds of it.

Thanks,just made a login so I could post for you guys. Combination of heavy rain and work are making hard for me to get back in. Will hopefully post after 6pm with photos. 'huzzah'

Thanks for taking the effort. And welcome to civfanatics, of course! Sounds like you've already been lurking though. :goodjob: It's nice and sunny south of the border, by the way. :p

Just checked EB games Web site. $98 for the standard edition. Man that's more than the steam deluxe edition. Guess who wont be getting Civ5 on release then?

Thier has already been a thread on this subject, and yes thier will probably be a CE edition down the line in retail outlets if sales go well enough ... or badly enough to validate it. Though I saw one person who is hoping that a CE edition will eventually come out that doesn't require Steam, I'm afraid your hopes will lead no where, Frix/2k have made the decision to implement Steamworks into ciV which means they havent developed any kind of "steam alternative" i.e thier own multiplayer servers / system. So they won't be releasing a non-steam version as they have no alternative other than striking up a new deal with a different third party, which won't happen and would be no better than Steam.

If your confused on exactly what Steam / Steamworks is, then read this Steam Wiki it should provide you with all the information you need. I can give you the basics right here. Steam is an application that runs on your desktop it is a store/community/multiplayer/friendslist/No-CDneeded/DRM compilation of games. When a game comes with *Steamworks* it means that you will require the Steam application installed/running to play it. Steam has an offline mode, so you can play Singleplayer on Civ5 without connecting to the internet.

agnarok, did you miss Azarael101's post? A boxed collector's edition is already confirmed, with a possibility it's exclusive to EB. It already sounds like it will be better than the steam deluxe edition. Of course, it will still require steamworks. ;)

He's probably lying :devil: He think's its April Fools. He's photoshopping a photograph as we speak.
Or perhaps I am being too sceptical. Nah.

I mean its not even on the website.
http://www.ebgames.com.au/search?title=Sid+Meier's+Civilization+V

http://www.ebgames.com.au/pc-149401-The-Settlers-7-Paths-to-a-Kingdom-Collectors-Edition-PC
Though thier have been other titles that gave exclusive bonuses to EB... I guess Developers think they have too given the over pricing :p

Moderator Action: Flaming - warned
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

I can see why one would think one is lying, but all is revealed. The photos are attached. These were taken in EB Games on george st, sydney from an old iPhone 3G.

Also got the price and its AUS$129. Yikes. hmmmm will have to think about that.

And to preempt I dont have a better camera sorry. Also not sure how to make the pictures in a spoiler are. Sorry Admins.

PS, i know its not on their website tried to find some links earlier.:p

Attachments

• Civ 5 1.jpg
    Civ 5 1.jpg
    308.8 KB · Views: 3,335
  • Civ 5 2.jpg
    Civ 5 2.jpg
    273.6 KB · Views: 3,258
$129 AUD.... Crikey! I bet it will be about $70 - $80 in the U.S. What a shame, it sounds good too.

Sorry should clarify they have the advertising box up, which is not see the collectors box it self but makes it plain to see that they are releasing one.

Phew. Cleared that hurdle.

Should this info be added to the confirmed features thread? Might help those lurking the main page I guess.

A hardcover artbook! Damn, and here we are complaining about the size of the manual. That's quite an impressive bundle, though only the truly dedicated will probably be prepared to fork out that much money for it. Congrats to 2K/Firaxis for taking the gamble. I'll be considering it.

I wonder if it's preorder only?

They probably only giving it exclusively to EB games because they get so much money from selling it because its an Australia Store they can afford to release it. It's worth noting though it isn't coming with the bablyon civ or the map mesoptimia, so get it if your australian + and don't want the extra steam civ.

P.s I was joking before, I dont classify that as flaming but ok ;)

It's cool man, we are all on edge for civ 5, I guess it is preorder only? But will properly overstock like normal for all eb's down here. Meh still deciding on what to get? More than likely gamestop in the US will get the same.

You have to weigh up atrsy box + little figurines or extra content ingame. I know the answer for my choice, Im getting Steam Deluexe.

No I live in the UK, My price is only slightly more than that in the US. My price already includes VAT and knowing how American's operate they have to pay tax ontop of the Steam shown price, so I'd say the prices were about the same.

Top Bottom