News: TSG53 Announcement

Welcome and good luck! Even though there is a 1-month time on officially submitting games and results there are plenty of previous GotMs available to play whenever you want. Check them out and have fun!

My plan is to move warrior E, then SW onto the hill. The key is to see if there's more incense to the east or south, and decide accordingly.

Given that my first GOTM - 51 (deity/Nebby) ended in epic failure (about 12 times)...I am eager to give this one a go =). Thanks!

Glad to have an excuse to get back into GOTM without playing an Immortal Dom game.

The hill looks excellent considering the UA, shame to have so many river tiles go unfarmed but there are at least five more river farms anyway.

I will probably try to build Stonehenge and go evangelical.

Oh man, I should have checked up on this sooner; Celts are one of my favorites, so I'll definitely be giving this baby a go.

Hm this start looks pretty simple and very decent for a culture game. Moving on the hill and getting the 2 forests and getting Goddess of Festivals seems like a given. Depends what the warrior sees before I settle. Cathedrals for the extra artist slot would be very useful, especially since it's likely the player will get them early when they're nice and cheap. And only on Prince the key wonders might be attainable? There's gotta be a catch ;)

Just did a Boudaccia cultural, and got Longest Name Ever (more like longest Game ever.) This looks good though; after moving warrior one to the se i'd probably settle on that hill as mentioned. Celidh Halls are the bomb.

So how many cities did you have to get Longest Name? I didn't know you could get a cultural win with so many cities. I may try it myself as I also still need the Longest Name achievement.

So how many cities did you have to get Longest Name? I didn't know you could get a cultural win with so many cities. I may try it myself as I also still need the Longest Name achievement.

you can continue games after the win and still get achievements. and i think you have to go thru the entire city list to get the longest name city, something like 24 cities? someone in here will know the actual count but it escapes me at the moment.

"Llanfairpwllgwyngyll" is 33rd on the list of Celtic city names. :)

(And you can definitely win a culture victory with 33 cities as Celts, at least on Prince. That's how I did my "Longest. Name. Ever." game.)

Top Bottom