Discworld Mod

finally i've done the techs improvements and i've got all the completed units in the game all i need now is finish the city lists and find these units:

Witch: Air and Land
Theives
Trolls: discworld trolls are made out of rocks
Dwarfs
Vampires
Werewolves
Voo doo witch docters

Please can some one make these units i don't have enough space to download the software i need to create units

right i just want to give credit to the people who have made the units i have so far...
JimmyH countless amounts of units including camels, Aztec Monks and others
Yaniv for his Sorceror which has been renamed Wizard for the mod
s3d for his assasin unit
MazterJofor his Prophet
Pesolco for his Trojan Horse
Kryten For his Horse Archer and his citizen Hoplite which has been renamed City Watch
Colonel Kraken for his galleass
Kinboat for his green, red and blue dragons
Smoking Mirror for his War Galley
if there is anymore i'll update this

Ok, what units are missing then? I've seen some good dwarves and a troll done by kindred72, who's getting real good at fantasy units :goodjob:

The required units:

Witch: Air and Land
Theives
Trolls: discworld trolls are made out of rocks
Dwarfs
Vampires
Werewolves
Voo doo witch docters

i'll just check the unit library for kindreds fantasy units

Dwarf workers should be available to all mountain civs and to Ankh-Morpork where they are the biggest non-human ethnic group according to "The Discworld Companion". The same book also says that the dwarves "provide the Sto Plains area with most of its miners and 'heavy' engineers" so dwarf workers should be available also to the kingdoms of this area.

So I know the last post was over 4 years ago, but did anything come of this mod or do I have to start from scratch? I really want this one!!

Oh my... I'd almost forgotten about this one. Those were the days... :love:

No, unfortunately nothing came out of this so you'll have to do it from scratch.

Cheers for the link to the other thread, a lot of unit links in there ;)

I'm going to give this a go. Tho this is my first mod, so it might take a while :(

Glad to hear you want to try it on! :goodjob:
Don't hesitate to ask if you run into trouble of any kind: there's a lot of nice and wise people on this excellent site.

OK. First question of I'm sure many:

Where would people recommend I start? Adding units? Constucting civilisations? Tech Tree? Somewhere else?

OK. First question of I'm sure many:

Where would people recommend I start? Adding units? Constucting civilisations? Tech Tree? Somewhere else?
I believe most people start by adding the civilisations that are to be in the scenario, since that then guides what units should be in and how the tech tree can look. In the case of the Discworld, perhaps the map should be the very first thing to do.

Take a look at Plotinus' Scenario Design Guide, it contains a lot of useful info.

Top Bottom