Broken Star PBEM

Alright, I sent the save to Tigranes. I put in everyone's name in as it appears on the form for you, but you are welcome to change it. (Just let me know so I can update the tracker!)

methinkso and Alvarez you still need to join the tracker.

Ok, usual PBEM problem -- we are out of sync. Emailed you about the fix.

Didn't open for me. 'The file you have selected is protected'. Did you set an admin password?

Admin password has nothing to do with it, even though error message leads you to believe otherwise. This is a known problem -- when one does not have clean install of BTS and/or of the particular mod -- it will give you this error message. If one does not remember which files where modified the only solution is to reinstall BTS or never play MP games :(

I really appreciate it Tigranes, but I haven't been able to download anything from MediaFire for the last couple of days. :/ I'm not sure what is up.

What is the attachment limit?

Strange we are both in USA... 5.48 MB -- emailed you instead! :)

I'll be disconnected for a while and I won't be able to play with you this time.

Hope we meet again.

OK game loads fine this time but crashes to desktop the moment I end the turn.

Try to end my turn on your end and see how it goes as the first step.

Tigranes, I have tried starting it multiple ways, but it always saves and acts like a hotseat game. Would you try setting up a test game and see if you have the same issue?

Thanks everyone for your patience, I'm really sorry this has been such a pain.

Ok, everyone. I have generated the initial file and will act as a proxy host (meaning PatriotNorwood is in charge here, I am just helping and will share with him admin password, which I will not use).

Try to open the initial save and test it by pressing end of turn. If it generates the next turn for methinkso -- we are fine.

The last human player left by default under the name of AI leader, but can be replaced later with human name if we find someone who is willing to play instead of Dei Civita. If we won't find -- Phylhom or hosts can retire Far East M.D. to AI (Ctrl Q).

Attachments

• AutoSave_Initial_AD-2010-February.CivBeyondSwordSave
    63.2 KB · Views: 53
Ok, everyone. I have generated the initial file and will act as a proxy host (meaning PatriotNorwood is in charge here, I am just helping and will share with him admin password, which I will not use).

Try to open the initial save and test it by pressing end of turn. If it generates the next turn for methinkso -- we are fine.

The last human player left by default under the name of AI leader, but can be replaced later with human name if we find someone who is willing to play instead of Dei Civita. If we won't find -- Phylhom or hosts can retire Far East M.D. to AI (Ctrl Q).

I tested the file and everything was ok. It was generated the next turn for methinkso.

Thanks Tigranes, it worked. I advertised for a replacement player, but we don't have to wait. We can either not bother to fill the slot, or I can play the extra player for a turn or two until someone is interested.

As soon as it works for some random player one knows it will work for all who never messed up with their system :). So we (I mean me) can start now, and by the time turn gets to the last player we will either retire him or someone will take over.

As far as tracker goes -- I think you can start the game on tracker. If we need to add another player -- tracker's admin is our fellow player ;)

Top Bottom