• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

AG - Discussion thread

expect me to be gone from tuesday at the latest, back on the 12th at the earliest :(

AG1 - I Dream of Dromons is almost at the end. I will start the Sid game just after Easter. I like to have confirmations of the people that showed interest. Remember: Sid is brutal :o

-Aggie
-CarlosMM
-Nad
-Jack Merchant as a maybe
-Skyfish as a maybe
-Kylearan as a maybe

The next game I have planned is an OCC, expected to start next week (after AG6 - OCC Space Race):

-OCC Conquest standard size map pangaea - regent level
-OCC Conquest small map continents - regent level
-OCC Conquest small map pangaea - monarch level

-Aggie
-Microbe
-CarlosMM
-Melifluous
- 2 open spots

Other ideas:
- No obsolete units. Whenever discoveries come with units with more attack, defense or fire power, the older units may not be used anymore. So no swords when Medieval Infantry is available, no Cavalry when tanks are known. Conques tor domination on deity.
- Science mono. It is not allowed to buy technology. Tech for tech trade and tech stealing are allowed. Deity.
- No fast units. Fast units are not allowed, still domination or conquest are the only goals. Deity.
- Repairing a damaged reputation: We abuse a ROP with a neighbour very early in the game and take two or three cities this way. After this act we remain as turstworthy as possible and our main goal is UN. Use of MA and MPP is not allowed (also not in the turn before the UN vote). I think of deity level.
- No artillery. Conquest or domination win without artillery (either from land, sea or air). Deity.
-Pillage game. Slow units and artillery may only leave the borders to pillage (the enemies' territory). If this is not restricting enough to reach the goal of heavy pillaging I have to come with something else added to that. Fast units may be used to take cities. Conquest or domination on deity.

Other ideas are welcome :) The next non-OCC will start when AG5 (honorable space race) or AG3 (Monster Map) are done.

I have some ideas. How about some long war variants:

20-turns war: Every war (no matter who declares) has to be at least 20 turns. If not enough, you have to make an alliance with someone else if you can pay by lum sum or techs (so that you are not required to make alliance if you cannot afford it).

non-stopping or decisive war: If you declare war, you cannot make peace. If not enough, you have to eliminate that civ.

coalition war: If you declare war, you have to make alliance with majority in the world as soon as you could afford it. (learn from Iraq!)

solo war: the contrary. You cannot make any alliances.

These are original ideas, but maybe someone else has tried them. :D

Here is a very silly idea:

If you make the world 1/9 volcanoes you can make a map that evrywhere you place a town it is next to a volcano.

It could be called "Pop goes the World" or some such. Head adornments would be strictly forbidden (sorry - obscure joke)

It would have to be a light-hearted game and probably provide more entertainment for the lurkers than players, but I would play in it. But then I like random chaos.

Good ideas. Although I don't like Volcanoes at all. I also think that the AI is too stupid to understand the volcano variant. That said, they aslo don't understand huge maps...

I especially like 20 turns war and non-stop war. The mutual war has been done before and is often a standard way of fighting...

aggie: I can't run a dual install (don't ask me why - I get crashes on both versions then!)

I must use 1.22 for a number of PBEMS

thus I am out of all current games!

what can I do?

run around using different version when my HD needs daily cleaning to stay workable even now?

Aggie, how do you do dual install? Do you just copy the whole directory to another location and patch one of them (most likely the original one as the install path points to there)? Or you run install from the CD again to install to another location?

OCC Space Race is finished. I like ti start the next OCC soon, but I have a choice out of these:

-OCC Conquest standard size map pangaea - regent level
-OCC Conquest small map continents - regent level
-OCC Conquest small map pangaea - monarch level

-Aggie
-Microbe
-CarlosMM
-3 open spots

Melifluous was on the list, but I haven't seen him for a long time. 5 should be enough, but if 3 others show interest it's ok as well. My favorite challenge is small/monarch. What is yours? ;)

Top Bottom