Reform and Rule

Well, Rationalism itself i feel like a big upgrade from traditional, give everything that traditional need about food and grow. The part weak are finisher not skill itself. They strong...

15% is meh, i go full of it and meh as hell. Btw, effect is blank for social skill. The last skill is

Hey, just wanted to let you know that I gave your mod a try and really liked it. I wasn't sure what to expect at first, but as I played it more I noticed all of the different synergies that the policy trees have; it's subtle but you can tell a good bit of thought went into the mod. I'm trying your religion and national wonder mods now, too. :)

I almost want to say don't get too attached to the current version of Cities of Marble. I'm hoping to finish testing this weekend on a huge update for it. A good dozen new National Wonders are being added.

I'm getting CTD when I use your mod and a whole swack of others. I'm getting really frustrated because I cant find where the incompatibility is, anyone else experiencing this? I have the community patch and CSD... this was happening last version but I disabled a mod called city view and it worked. argh.

edit going through the tedious process of elimination. CSD isnt the culprit.

edit 2 ok I got a CDT when I just activated like 5 mods. Looks like I found a culprit. To be continued.

The most recent update of Reform and Rule did include extensive uses of database triggers that could cause crashing. Can you provide a copy of your database.log file?

Spoiler :
[2073.440] columns StrategicViewType, TileType are not unique
[2073.440] While executing - 'INSERT INTO ArtDefine_StrategicView(StrategicViewType, TileType, Asset) VALUES(?,?,?)'
[2074.158] column Tag is not unique
[2074.158] While executing - 'insert into Language_en_US('Tag', 'Text') values (?, ?);'
[2074.158] In XMLSerializer while inserting row into table insert into Language_en_US('Tag', 'Text') with values (TXT_KEY_FORMAT_NUMBER, {1_Number: number #.##}, ).
[2074.158] In XMLSerializer while updating table Language_en_US from file Assets\Gameplay\XML\NewText\EN_US\CIV5GameTextInfos_Jon.xml.
[2075.062] no such table: ContentPackage.LocalizedText
[2075.078] no such table: ContentPackage.LocalizedText
[2075.078] no such table: ContentPackage.LocalizedText
[2075.936] no such table: ContentPackage.LocalizedText
[2077.200] columns StrategicViewType, TileType are not unique
[2077.200] While executing - 'INSERT INTO ArtDefine_StrategicView(StrategicViewType, TileType, Asset) VALUES(?,?,?)'
[2077.824] no such table: ContentPackage.LocalizedText
[2081.880]
-- SQLite Memory Statistics --
Memory Usage:
[Cur] [Max]
Malloc: 6242920 75910256
PageCache: 6 12
LookAside: 0 0
Scratch: 0 1

Static Buffer Overflows:
[TooLarge] [NoSpace]
PageCache: 5828256 63031248
Scratch: 0 0

Largest Allocations:
Malloc: 262144
PageCache: 1172
Scratch: 6640

Prepared Statements:
Current: 6
------------------------------
[2082.285]
-- SQLite Memory Statistics --
Memory Usage:
[Cur] [Max]
Malloc: 6244096 75910256
PageCache: 6 12
LookAside: 0 0
Scratch: 0 1

Static Buffer Overflows:
[TooLarge] [NoSpace]
PageCache: 5829432 63031248
Scratch: 0 0

Largest Allocations:
Malloc: 262144
PageCache: 1172
Scratch: 6640

Prepared Statements:
Current: 6
------------------------------

Do you have a link to version 18 I can use in mean while?

Edit: Ok so I think it's infoaddict and v19 thats not playing well. Im going to load all mods now including RR19 sans Infoaddict 1 sec

edi2: Yes, confirmed. Info addict and RR19 do not play well together. I have all mods loaded except info addict, and it works. I can then disable RR19 and then enable infoaddict and again no probs

I've attached a copy of v18 if you still want it. I believe the workshop also keeps older versions of mods and does not delete older versions from your local machine when you update a mod.
---------------
As for the issue you've been seeing, have you tried clearing your cache? Also, what kind of issues are you seeing? Your database.log looks fine (was this the log right after you started a game with all the mods enabled? I assume you have logging enabled). Are you seeing crashes on game start up?

Attachments

• Reform and Rule (BNW) (v 18).zip
    151 KB · Views: 154
The crash happens when I exit to desktop or main menu. I also got a very jarring blue screen in a previous game

I'll try the cache thing when I get home

So it happened again; I cleared cache and all my mods re-downloaded but still a CTD when I tried to exit to main menu.

edit 2: ####. I disabled all mods except for RRv19 and info addict, and, no CTD when I went to main menu.

edit 3: disabling info addict seems to work but this makes no sense at all.

ok sooooo

I actually think its ingame editor. not info addict. cuz now I can use everything except in game editor. maybe i meant to say that before. im going to test it further now. this is becoming an ordeal lol

ok i put IGE in safe mode and disabled stat map and auto save. and were good. all is normal again

Hi, I love the mod and have no issues with the changes to the policies or anything but one issue I have is, it doesn't seem to be possible for me to finish the piety policy tree as it doesn't show mandate of heaven. I'm not sure if this affects any of the other policy trees but its really getting to me, do you know of any ways to fix this or if its an isolated bug? (sorry if you already answered this)

BlackHeart, off hand I would guess that is clobbering (two mods trying to change Piety are overwriting each other). When you start a game with only Reform and Rule is the tree still malformed? Could you provide a screen shot? If you have logging enabled could you provide a copy of your database.log after starting a game where the Piety tree is malformed?
-----------------
Resurrection, are you still seeing issues with Info Addict or IGE? Both of those mods are popular so I wonder if anyone else who uses them with Reform and Rule has seen similar behavior.

I have all the things you want, these are both when Reform & Rule is the only mod in use. It also seems to affect all the policy tree's except Tradition, Rationalism, Honour and Liberty, although only a little bit. Piety and I think Patronage are affected in a way which makes them impossible to complete as a policy in each tree seems to not be present at all.

Attachments

• mbhj.jpg
    mbhj.jpg
    243.3 KB · Views: 169
  • database.log.txt
    9.9 KB · Views: 103
Are you playing with Gods and Kings or BNW? It looks like while using the BNW version of Reform and Rule but playing with Gods and Kings. This would cause all the policies that use things added in BNW (like tourism) to fail.

I have all the things you want, these are both when Reform & Rule is the only mod in use. It also seems to affect all the policy tree's except Tradition, Rationalism, Honour and Liberty, although only a little bit. Piety and I think Patronage are affected in a way which makes them impossible to complete as a policy in each tree seems to not be present at all.

Clear your cache; should be enough.

Rationalism's opener doesn't seem to be working. When I checked my logs I found this:
Code:
[449092.218] Runtime Error: C:\Users\Sarah\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Reform and Rule (BNW) (v 19)\Social Policies/9 Rationalism/0 Rationalism_Opener.lua:40: attempt to perform arithmetic on global 'bonusCulture' (a nil value)
[449092.218] Runtime Error: C:\Users\Sarah\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Reform and Rule (BNW) (v 19)\Social Policies/9 Rationalism/0 Rationalism_Opener.lua:40: attempt to perform arithmetic on global 'bonusCulture' (a nil value)

Skaz, to fix that problem use notepad to open: "Reform and Rule (v 19)/Social Policies/9 Rationalism/0 Rationalism_Opener.lua". Do a find -> "(bonusCulture" replace with -> "(bonus". You can load up your existing game and everything will work correctly. I'll release an update with this fix later today.

Back to using RR 18. I hate to say it without having SOME evidence for it mach but RR 19 just is not stable with my setup. It's either the mods I use or something. In Game Editor will def cause crashes when combined with the mods I have, and RR 19 is too. I think it has something to do with when policies are selected because I can exit from game to main menu with no issue before turn 10-15 ish. But after that, it's a CTD everytime. Sometimes I'll also get a BSOD. When I took off RR19, I tested 5 times in a row waiting until turn 20, and each time I was able to exit to main menu no problem.

Testing RR 18 now. I wish I had more data or SOMETHIGN to offer you, because I think yoru mod is a must use. Really hoping the old version is ok.

edit: argh... 1st try and i got a CTD with RR18. God. Damn it. Honestly I kind of want to throw this game in the trash right now.

edit2: ok so it's not CSD. Disabled still doing the CTD. Will now try and disable Various DLL mods.
edit3: ok not the various DLL mods.

Oh, I get CTD with main menu or quitting the game the majority of the time. I thought that was just how playing with a bunch of mods worked.

Oh, I get CTD with main menu or quitting the game the majority of the time. I thought that was just how playing with a bunch of mods worked.

its not supposed to. you risk a BSOD. there's some sort of conflict because this wasn't always the case.

edit: Ok looks like I'm right back to Infoaddict. Disabling infoaddict seems to work. So now comes the task of re-adding and see if that shatters the balance. lol.
edit2: Ok... soooo... infoaddict and in game editor are not compatible so far. I don't know if that's DIRECTLY because of RR. I guess I can test that next tho But as it stands I'm using.... 14 ish mods with RRv19 and I can exit to main menu at turn 16 and be ok.

edit3: so, infoaddict and RR19 (i dont use IGE anymore due it not working with EUI). work when they're the only mods working. I suppose I can 1 by 1 start adding the other mods.
edit4: While I was applying back each mod 1 at a time, it seems the beta build of really advanced setup crashed me to desktop. Isn't that effing interesting.

Top Bottom