• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Next Turn - 200 AD

Status
Not open for further replies.

MonkE

Primate Philosopher
120 AD (continued) – IPRBs – Civ $4, TF $8, Del $19, CJ $2

Viking horsemen move next to archer and horsemen. Indians have begun Copernicus’ Observatory!

140 AD – Astronomy discovered! Polytheism begun. 2 caravans built.

New southland revealed to have 3 forest squares in range of the whale. Island City founded on Buffalo, 5 shields production, archer started.

Diplomat does not see any Viking city. Tribute demanded from Viking horsemen. Vikings lose patience and declare war. Archer attacks and kills horsemen.

Elvis hired in Dellham (grows next turn). Elysium switches to Cop’s.

IPRBs – Neuma $8

Indian horsemen (with another unit) spotted N-NW of LC! Fortified LC garrison awaits contact.

Civil disorder in Civvium (now 2 black dudes because of Island City founding).

160 AD – Warrior discovers polar region. Trireme discovers fish special. Settler charged. Need to reveal more squares before deciding city site.

Diplomat discovers Viking city “The Udal” in far NE (not such a bad spot). Incites revolt for a mere $79. Receive $22 and Iron Working as booty. Phalanx, settler, and trireme captured! Another Viking warrior seen NW-NW of city. Phalanx moves to fortify hill. The cowardly warriors offer a cease fire which is rejected. Trireme moves N-N and sees ANOTHER Viking trireme carrying units.
Elvis hired in Civvium. City celebrates.

IPRBs - FA $6, CJ $8, TF $8, Ros $8

Viking warrior attacks phx and loses. Phalanx promoted to veteran. Viking trireme moves to Fruit City area.

Uncooperative Indians demand Philosophy. Consequences, schmonsequences! War is declared. LC phalanx attacked by elephants, but survive! Archer attacked by horsemen. They win and are promoted to veteran.

180 AD – LC archer goes NW to investigate. MT archer moves toward LC.

Two caravans added to Cop’s, 133 more shields needed.

IPRBs – BFL $4, Neuma $4.

Vikings land settler (NW-NW of city) and phalanx near The Udal. Another Viking trireme appears. Legion and warrior appear on cape.

200 AD – Population 1,000,000. Disorder in Elysium !!?? Elvis hired. No units moved yet this turn. President MonkE calls in the cabinet for needed advice.

Saved game mr_a200.sav

Unbelievable, Mr President MonkE! We are sprouting colonies. You have purchased The Udal right where we want it, for $peanuts, a feat which brings the alien Thomas Jefferson to mind! With another Trireme! Our armies are victorious, and now include many Veterans. Surely the electors are now elated with their choice.

Mr. President, I will have many questions for our Citizens, which I will pose tomorrow. Two things is clear: we need more Diplomats, as well as Caravans. And when we complete our Copernicus with the Caravan Technique, the Indians will be sorely disappointed.

200 AD Status: 1,000,000 people in 21 cities. 307 gold, 30,00,70% One Scientist & 6 Elvii. As downloaded F5 $24 -10, Sci 62 in 10 turns, because Elysium has dropped offline momentarily. F11 Mfg=88, Family Size=4.3 Even without Elysium, NUF is still #1 Manufacturing, Land Area and Productivity, but slipped to #2 in Population, #3 in Family Size. Our strategies are angering our enemies, yet we must continue to plan more cities. The new Island City, on Buffalo, will be a great one. And cities in the South West.

120 AD Status: 900,000 people in 19 cities. 370 gold, 30,00,70% One Scientist & 3 Elvii. As downloaded F5 $30 -10, Sci 81 in 5 turns. F11 Mfg=82, Family Size=5.0. 3 NUF is again #1 in Population, Manufacturing, Land Area and Productivity, and gained to #2 in Family Size. Our strategies are causing our enemies to breathe our dust, but we must again think of more cities. Our Citizens may want to clear the Forest on the new island, so as to gain both the Buffalo and the new Whale.

In 2 or 3 turns, a GG warrior can encamp in Elysium, which would then be:
  Trade 20, corruption 5, Tax 6 + Beakers 21 + Shields 6 .
  If Copernicus truly doubles Science, we add 42 beakers,
  Science 62 + 42 = 104 , plus Trade Routes will improve.

A few other changes come immediately to mind.
Monks Towne: put Elvis to work on River Plains.
Civvium: build police after completing Silver Caravan.
Castle Jayne: doing well with Elvis playing every night.
With Monks Towne serf and Elysium restored:
F5 $28 -10, Sci 78 in 8 turns. F11 Mfg=95 + Trade Routes

Researching Polytheism Elephants (due in 4? turns), known: Alphabet, Astronomy, Bronze, CBurial, CodeLaws, Construction, Currency, HBR - Horse Back Riding, Iron Working, Literacy, Map Making, Masonry, Mathematics, Monarchy, Mysticism, Philosophy, Pottery, Trade, WarriorCode and Writing.

We own 8 Temples and 2 Libraries, all producing well, and are building Temples in Mordhiemia, Legendary City, and now Eboracum. The Copernicus Plan will be completed this turn, and Gabba Gabba will be pleased to complete a quickie Warrior to serve as Police in Elysium. Civvium will soon complete its Silver, for delivery to Demand at REGIA CIVITAS. And Little Nemo has constructed our first Caravan for the new Mike's Project.

All major central roads are completed. The Reneaux Settler is building Fort Anarchy's COAL MINE, half done. You have nearly completed our Trade Route booster roads near Elysium. We now need Roads in Chryshe. May I suggest a Road from Castle Jayne up to Legendary City is now even more urgent?

Citizens, I again recommend the Boreum Bridge Filler City. On the River Bend, between OP Reneaux and Eboracum, exactly 2 squares E of Reneaux. That site will connect or NE cities quickly, so as to prepare for a North Eastern War.

We have 2 cities that can build anything, Little Nemo and Gabba Gabba. GG seems must build a Warrior Police for Elysium. Dellham has just begun construction of a Diplomat -- very wise, sir. Civvium has nearly completed its Silver Caravan, and Octavia's Point has nearly completed Archers.

We are producing 4 Archers, 2 Diplomats, 10 Caravans, 1 MD Trireme, 3 Temples and Copernicus. This may change: Legions in lieu of Archers? GG Warrior Police?

IPRB is indicated in Dellham, Belfont Lakes, Reneaux, and perhaps Castle Jayne, Island City as well as others.

Dellham requires serf analysis. We could slow growth, using the River Plains, or even hire Elvis and Celebrate. I will inspect each city tomorrow.

The Trireme is crewed with 2 Warriors. We must choose another City Site wisely. The Island City on Buffalo is producing well.

Dell19 is again Governor of Boreum, and I hope Jayne will continue as Governor of Chryshe.

With Island City to name, many members of our Government need to post their choice of a City Name, in the thread named and reserved for that purpose.

Respectfully submitted, by Your Minister of the Interior.

I'll take on Chryshe again, but as I am going away at the end of the week, I will post results early but urge you to check the polls again before play - just in case.

Well done to the phalanx for defeating an Indian Elephant! :goodjob:

Things seem to be going rather well, but I wonder if the time is approaching for us to take the offensive against the unruly brutes who insist on landing on Fanatican soil.

I'm also a little upset that neither of MonkE's images are showing, and when I try to copy the link into Explorer, the loading just times out. :( Any chance that anyone else could have a go at posting an image of our triumphs?

Oh yes. Gary, Cop's increases the city's science by 50% - Newton's College doubles it. That would give us 32 beakers per turn if they round it up. It's still definitely worth having!

I think we should either found Polar City at the present spot or 1 square to the NE, on the forest next to the whale. Here's the analysis:

City at present location (change to plains first):

2 forests
1 plains
1 grassland
1 bonus grassland
1 glacier
12 sea
1 whale (sea)
1 fish (sea)

overlap with Island City: 2 sea squares

City on forest next to whale, 1 to the NE:

(change to plains first as well)

3 forests
1 plains
1 grassland
1 glacier
12 sea
1 whale (sea)
1 fish (sea)

overlap with Island City: 1 sea square

I prefer the current location after it has been changed to plains. The bonus grassland is a more than adequate payoff for a forest and one sea square of overlap.

Don't found, of course, if the guy is our Settler from None. Or has he been ferried onto the main continent already?

heliogabalus, the current location of the Polar Settler looks best to me, because it gets that GLS down there. Also, it leaves room for a decent Forest Filler on The Island. The Settler is supported by Little Nemo, and is an experienced City Builder.

duke, those are regular jpg's. My IE 5.50 renders them fine.

Roskilde, Settler, Yes. IPRB $8. It just grew, and the AI took the Fish. Serf off Fish into Blank Ocean. Later, IPRB $8 again. ok?

Will the Trireme come back to BFL? If so, when? If not, let's change BFL from Diplomat to Caravan.

Great to see that you agree, Gary. Is everyone with us on the location of Polar City? Immediate founding would also ease the strain on Little Nemo.

Keep Tax 30%, Science 70%, max Science?

Name Island: Beast Island? City Beast Flat? Buffalo is a poor choice of name, because there will be other Buffalo. We MUST have a name for this Island, and I think a name for our First Trireme would also be appropriate. Janie? Enterprise? SS Civvius?

Shall we build Legions now, in lieu of Archers?

I am beginning to plan unit supports for Republic. Please help.

REGIA CIVITAS: Caravan 21/50 in 5 turns, feed Mike's
  Temple, 3 guards, 7 shields + 5 tax + 21 beakers
    Was 6 shields + 6 tax + 24 beakers
  Recommend IPRB $4 (Rule of 28), Caravan in 4
  Then another Caravan. Settler before grows in 30?
  Recommend we retain the Scientist, serfs 2 Whales & 2 Roads.
Elysium: Cop's 173/300, has grown to Size=4 , needs Warrior Police
  has Temple, 2 guards, 6 shields + Serfs and Merchants Snafu.
  Elvis is a temporary measure, then serf to Gems.
Two Caravans on Road + 1 in GG finish Cop's next turn ...
  Or shall we efficiently wait 5 turns, save 1 Caravan?
  Or shall we use gold, to save 1 Caravan?
TFalls: Caravan 26/50 +3 shields/turn,
  UMngmt! Serf to Ocean : 3 shields + 2 tax + 3 beakers?
  UMngmt! Serf to Forst : 5 shields + 1 tax + 2 beakers?
  Recommend IPRB $8 in either case.
Civvium: Caravan 49/50 in 1 turn,
  Deliver Silver ASAP into demand of REGIA CIVITAS?
  Then a guard. Warrior or Phx?
  Then serf on Forest. start Caravan?
  Supporting Trireme, no more units, please.
Little Nemo: Settlers 0/40 in 14, one Settler built Island City.
  Other Settler might clear Forest, found Polar City.
Bedfont Lakes: Diplomat 15/30 in 3 turns
  Change to Caravan? IPRB $11 frequently?
  Food adequate, now 5/30, serfs Road and Forest
Gabba Gabba: Warrior 0/10 in 2 turns for Elysium Police?
  Note: Elysium has Legion & Phx guards, very strong.
  Then another Caravan. Growth frozen, fine.
Island City: Archers 15/30 in 3. Grows in 17.
  Recommend change to Legion. Then Diplomat?
  Rout, any possible Specials in Black Ocean?
  Seems tricky to plan Settler, but necessary.
  Rename to Voter's Choice? or Beast City?

TFalls Settler near Gems, head to Chryshe as follows?
  E N charge. N NE charge. E Road.
None Settler near GG, Road Elysium as follows?
  W W charge. NW, Final Road on Forest.

If we have too much war to build cities, then let's use the TFalls Settler RIGHT NOW to build F4, on Forest 3 NW of RC.

All caravans here, but let's build the Diplomat in Dellham, and another or two elsewhere. Other plans, such as BFL, dependant on planned Trireme Path.

Agreed in Caravan Priority:
Legendary City, Temple 20/40 in 5, then Trireme "SS India?"

I moved the settler there for the reason heliogabalus and GaryNemo mentioned. There is a caravan building in Roskilde because it became quite a habit to change back to caravan after an IPRB. Oops :blush:

We have quite a situation on our hands. The Vikings have become quite troublesome. Our cities are barely keeping order. Then to top it off, the Indians started out warlike (I had hoped they would be more peaceful). I'm becoming worried about them. After one of the caravans built, I checked supply and demand. Delhi is size 8! :eek:

Since I don't think we can successfully wage two wars at once with our domestic situation teetering, I was intending to send an emissary to the Indians with the (weak) hope that they would make peace. If they don't (as I expect), we may be forced to send a diplomat to persuade one of their cities to join us (won't be as cheap!). Then build city walls and fortify ??!!

Seems that balancing all our priorities will be a bit tricky. Oh to have Mike's, Leo's, Gunpowder, Shakespeare's in LC, Republic ......

The elephant and horsemen were first seen moving from the West to the desert square N-NW of LC. Didn't we expect to see them coming from there?

No, there are no specials in the black ocean squares {edit, providing you were referring to the south island}, but there is in the GLS on the south pole peninsula.

A 3 Spec city here would be preferable, where the settler stands.

by duke o' york
Cop's increases the city's science by 50% - Newton's College doubles it.
That's what the Civilopedia says, but Nethog's reference and several posts elsewhere say that the descriptions of Cop's and Newton's are reversed. So Cop's gives 2X science. Experience suggests this is correct, but I didn't specifically test this. Nethog couldn't be mistaken TWICE, could he? :eek:

Originally posted by MonkE
The elephant and horsemen were first seen moving from the West to the desert square N-NW of LC. Didn't we expect to see them coming from there?

Many, many, millenia ago we had a legion explore that area. At the time we only had a handful of cities, but we discovered that the area east of Legendary City was nearer Bombay(?) than any other city. Walking along the top of the peninsula, we were nearer Madras(?). By this we summised that the island to the east belonged to the Indians, and therfore this area of our island is where they would most likely land.

We need a Boreum Governor ASAP, Dell19 didn't post.

Marl Downs: Trireme 35/40 in 1, then what?
  Temple 2.BlackDudes 2.Guards + Warrior Sailor
Mordhiemia: Temple 30/40 4, less with a bit of Forest
  Size=3 BlackDude & Phx, Elvis playing
  then start a unit? Settler?
Eboracum: Temple 10/40 in 6, grows in 3!
  Serfs stay on Whale & Forest.
Octavia's Point: Archers 27/30, then build Temple?
  only 1 BlackDude. Mord Phx nearby, could rehome.
  OP Settler N of MD, build city?
  If so, change Archers to Settlers in 5

Neuma: Caravan 24/40 in 7 turns, $IPRB? grows in 24

OP Settler, move E and build a city? Guard?
MD Settler (N of OP), N Road to Eboracum?

We are putting great effort into Roads, and could cut our losses now by building River Bend Bridge Filler, E E of Reneaux.

Cities at Size=3, Temple 2.BlackDudes and 2 Police are working.

Eboracum: Temple 10/40 in 6, grows in 3!
Recommend in 3 turns, Food Box Full, cancel Whale to Elvis. That might provide for smooth growth to Size=3 as Temple is finished; the AI controlling our city will put the new serf on the Whale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom