All Civs have Expansionist Ability

goodyhut

Warlord
This bic file has added expansionist capabilities to all civs that don't have them and added either religious, scientific, or industrious to the civs that already have expansionist. Have fun! :)

Edit:
By popular request, here is the list of what has been added: ;)

All Civs that don't already have expansionist ability (Rome, Egypt, Greece, Babylon, Germany, China, Japan, France, India, Persia, and Aztec) now have it and they get Pottery like the other guys with expansionist ability.

That leaves these 5:

Russia - Added Commercial ability and Alphabet.
America - Added Scientific and Bronze Working.
Zululand - Added Religious and Ceremonial Burial.
Iroquois - Added Industrious and *Wheel.
England - Added Scientific and Bronze Working.

* Gave the corresponding default tech for the bonus ability for all civs accept Iroquois, that is because the Wheel is more helpful for the Iroquois because it gives them a big jump on making thier special unit. (See picture at left ;) )

I see there have been 126 downloads now! :D How are your games going with the changes? I have played this scenario as the Iroquois and as the Babylonians on large pangea maps, 16 civs one was 60% water, and the other 80%. Both games seem to work well. If anyone has noticed any problems with it, please tell me so I can try to fix it. :king:

Goodyhut I am not complaining or trying to argue but dont you find it a bit unfair to change somethings that are more bonus abilities? I mean bonus' are nice but to many make it to easy.
Also if you changed the other civs, what ability do the civs that already had expansionist get? (Example what does America get?) :) Just a example would be nice.

Originally posted by KALIROB2k2
Goodyhut I am not complaining or trying to argue but dont you find it a bit unfair to change somethings that are more bonus abilities? I mean bonus' are nice but to many make it to easy.
Also if you changed the other civs, what ability do the civs that already had expansionist get? (Example what does America get?) :) Just a example would be nice.

Download the bic file and see. No offense Kalirob but I can hardly consider you opinion credible until you try it.

If any of those that have DOWNLOADED AND PLAYED this mod have any suggestions I would love to hear them!

For starters I was and have been trying your mod when I commented so I guess you can count me huh?
Hmm this is quite interesting, but this just seems to be a modified bic. Still I dunno but its good so far, the abilities havent made anything to different or unfair. By the way I guess being the first person to write about your mod I have to say Im at 100BC and havent had a problem yet. :D Good so far :goodjob:

Well, why didn't you say so!

It seems just like a modified bic because that is what it is. I didn't want to make a lot of changes, I just wanted to give all civs expansioninst ability because the civs that have expansionist ability normally get kind of jipped of having one of the abilities that benefits you after 3000 bc. This allows them to have a feature with long term benefitss without giving them an unfair advantage.

Very good idea, I was kind of hoping America might have gotten the militaristic feature, heh its unfair but it would be nice if my units became vetrans and so on faster. :D

Just open up the bic in your editor, go to civilizations, select America, and change whatever abilities you want! :)

:goodjob:

Great job, I have added your mod and am playing my third game with it, no problems at all. I have one game with the Iroquois, one with France, and one with the Greeks. All games are on large random maps with varying numbers of civs.

Downloading the file to look to see what you gave each civ can be done but it would be easier for people trying to decide if they want to use your mod if you included a list of Civs with what abilities they have.

:shotgun:

Thanks for the suggestion Tat. :goodjob: I haave updated the top post to include them!

Please let me know of any other suggestions.

Good job, I was kinda hoping on you adding militaristic abilities to the US heh call it unfair but the US is full of zealots heh:crazyeyes: I know about the editor so I could do it just thought maybe tippin the scales might be fun:)

I have an idea for those of us that enjoy and possibly even prefer playing civ with these modifications. I was thinking we could all play the same game using the All Expansionist patch for a few weeks or whatever and then compare our results. I would be glad to review submitted games and post results like they do with the GOTM. If this sounds like a cool idea to you then let me know what your suggestions are for what kind of game we should play, with which civ, etc.

P.S. I am going to post a post-patch version of this mod later tonight or tomorrow if I don't have time tonight. :D

I re-created the All Expansionist mod with the patch installed. I am adding it to this post. (Ooops next post) Also, I have corrected my earier edit in the first post. I had mistakenly put that I added Scientific to Russia when what I in fact added was Commercial. Also for America i had mistakenly put that I had added Industrial, when actually I added Scientific. And for England where I had listed that Alphabet was added, I really added Bronze Working. I apoligize for any confusion this has caused anyone :blush:

this mod sounds interesting... how do i load it? (like what do i backup, where do i put it, etc?)

nm, i figured it out...

but one question - the civ selection screen shows each civ having only two abilities, but they get 3 techs. They still retain their other 2 abilities, correct (ex. Greece still is sci, commercial, and expansionist?)

Top Bottom