Votes: 5 4.6%
  • Good 75-80%

Votes: 29 26.6%
  • Awsome 81-90%

Votes: 47 43.1%
  • Best Freakin Game i've played 91-100%

Votes: 19 17.4%

• Total voters
OK, well we have a poll with some missng options. So i'll make a different one, hopefully with enough options in it but not too many to draw the vote out too thin. Vote how you liked it, be a PC Gamer reviewer, give the game a %age.

Ok sorry i forgot my vote, its one of the best freakin games i've played, Comparable is Diablo 2, kept me hooked for quite a while, i still have some of my very first chars and items :). Commands 1 and 2 comes close but the time it kept me intersted for lowers it, it'd mostlikely be an 83% or so on my scale. I still loved it though:)

Originally posted by Dinorius R.
You forgot to include the option:

"I'm sick to death of polls asking how good/bad Civ 3 is". :sheep:

well you don't need that option since if you feel that way you just don't vote in the poll :rolleyes:

Best freakin game Iv'e played as of now.

Fanboys united under the banner of the Fanatic.

Death to whiners.

Originally posted by Dinorius R.
You forgot to include the option:

"I'm sick to death of polls asking how good/bad Civ 3 is". :sheep:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Damn straight!!

Civ 3? This disappointing game gets only a D+ from me.

And may the Firaxis shills find some sense and brains at long last.

Originally posted by Ironikinit
Fanboys united under the banner of the Fanatic.

Death to whiners.

heyhey ... just because im no fanboy doesnt mean im not a civfanatic!!! civ was a leap forward in game design for its time when it was released in 92, and it still posseses the same basic gameplay, civ3 is mediocre at the best and i predict in a few years time will have faded into obscurity (will always be known due to its liniage) but as for a game in its own right to be compaired to against other games of the same genere, it leaves SO MUCH to be desired

btw .... GREAT poll, finally a impartial poll that everyone can vote properly on rather than the other one
i was actually thinking of writing my own review (and if firaxis wanna pay me ill also give em 93% ;)) but then would anyone care to read what is essesially a exeptionally long rant, but ive put some thought into the score ... i would give civ3 a 73% with the patch and 66% out of the box

The only problem with this poll is that it dosen't make a comparison with the other civ versions. I mean, I could give civ3 an 80% vote, but you have no idea of whether I would have given civ2 70% or 90%.

what happens if you want to give it 75%? Which option do you go for???

:lol:

But i agree with Dinorius R... how many more polls do we have to suffer on this subject?

If the game is so great, why are those who love it so much posting messages on the forum instead of playing it 24/7?

Oh, that's me too! I'll get my coat! :)

This is a post sent 30 mins before i leave work on Friday evening, so I am in a very flippant mood, so don't take this post too seriously. Then again, flame wars have been started over lesser things, like the relevance of polls :D

Why not have a poll asking "% of people taking polls that hate taking polls" What I am tired of is all the complainers and moaners that hate the game that still feel they need to go on the forum and dis the game. OK you hate it... move on and quit yer whinin'!:mad:

Yep. These polls are becoming tiresome.

But I see that some people may need to prove to themselves that Civ3 is a wonderful game, and they can do it through these polls. When they see that the majority of voters think that Civ3 is wonderful, then they say to themselves: "Well, I was not wrong. Civ3 is wonderful... Now I can allow myself to enjoy it".

On the other hand, if the polls goes the wrong way... :crazyeyes

I like Civ3. I even voted on this poll. But I won't tell you how I voted. :cool:

Some dissenting opinion is fine. Important, even.

Just be glad this isn't Apolyton. Yiners and whiners have too much poser power there.

I'd give civ3 90 percent...my main complaint at the moment is that it takes alot of time to play when I really should be doing more constructive things with my life.

lol sorry just read over the poll

the second 75 should be 76 my bad :) ohwell we can scrap these results lol.

Great game with a few problems (no perfect games out there IMO) like few unrealistic features and few minor imbalances.

You know what makes me think this game is good? The % of ppl here who complain about it. Try going to msg boards in bad games where the complainers way outnumber the fanboys!

hEY i HAVE SAID IT TIME AND TIME AGAIN, EVEN WITH ALL MY COMPLAINTS AND GRIPES ITS STILL AN AWESOME GAME. lol.

I voted for "Good." It's a good, solid game. Like kitten said, the only thing that really irks me is the time it takes between turns later in the game. Other things annoy me sometimes about the game, but that really gets on my nerves. Oh well.

I still play, but it just doesn't have that appeal to me of a "great" game: calling me to play every free minute I have.

. . . . but it's still good . . . .

--Colonel

Top Bottom