How do you change the pic of a ruler person for a Civilization?

mli

Chieftain
I added a new civilization with the hacked Civ edit, but when i pick the civilization in the game it just automatically says illegal operation. I think it's because I don't have an flc file for the forward and backward files in the Civ3Edit units edit menu. How do I change it? I tried using that program for te units, but i couldn't see any tabs for show animation or export.

This is just a theory (never tested it):
When you create a CIV in the editor, it asks you for a forward filename and a reverse filename.
The forward is the leader moving from happy to sad, and the reverse vice versa (i may have these reversed)
Anyway, I believe the game uses the first two letters that you specify here as the prefix for your leader.

for example (lets use GB for George Bush)
forward file: Art\Flics\GB_A01.flc
reverse file: Art\Flics\GB_A02.flc
then you can add the other animations and leader head icons using a GB prefix

(I would test this, but I'm short on time)
It may work, might not. Some one else can try and find out. Just let me know if this fails.

This is in the wrong forum but.......You would have to use something that could turn the flics into separate frames e.g. animation studio. Then you need to have a graphics editor so you change change the graphics. When done editing them, copy them either back into their old frames, or create a whole new file and paste the frames in there. I believe that those files each contain 171 frames apiece though, so dont plan on it being easy :D

If there's that many frames then does it take a really long time to get a new civilization? Or is there another reason why the game crashes when I choose my new civilization?

I created my own civilization and justrecycled the leader images from another civilization. One problem that caused it to crash at the beginning was that I had selected more than two of the advantages (e.g. Industrius, Religious, Scientific, etc.)
If you have more than two it will crash

maybe this is your problem?

Originally posted by pesoloco
If you have more than two it will crash

Not true. The civ (Canada) that i made starts off with 4 bonuses. They are ind, exp, sci and com (the other civs have more starting techs as well. The only thing that crashes my games, is that bloody advisor screen ( F4).

its been a while since reading this thread, but i think i may be able to help u solve your advisor screen (if u havent got it already)

in pediaicons.txt you will see a section with #RACE_ tags
add one under each section for RACE_CANADA
like so:

#RACE_CANADA
filename
filename
#HAPPY_RACE_CANADA
filename
#SHAPP_RACE_CANADA
filename

and so on

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
The only thing that crashes my games, is that bloody advisor screen ( F4 )
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have the same problem, does anyone know how to solve the advisor screen (F4)???? If anyone does, it will be a great help.

Originally posted by pesoloco
its been a while since reading this thread, but i think i may be able to help u solve your advisor screen (if u havent got it already)

in pediaicons.txt you will see a section with #RACE_ tags
add one under each section for RACE_CANADA
like so:

#RACE_CANADA
filename
filename
#HAPPY_RACE_CANADA
filename
#SHAPP_RACE_CANADA
filename

and so on

This is what mine consists of;

#ICON_RACE_CANADA
art\civilopedia\icons\races\CanadaLARGE.pcx
art\civilopedia\icons\races\CanadaSMALL.pcx

#RACE_CANADA
art\leaderheads\TR.pcx
art\advisors\TR_all.pcx

#HAPPY_RACE_CANADA
art\leaderheads\TR_HAP.pcx

#SHAPP_RACE_CANADA
art\leaderheads\TR_SHAP.pcx

#LKISS_RACE_CANADA
art\leaderheads\TR_KIS.pcx

#SKISS_RACE_CANADA
art\leaderheads\TR_SKIS.pcx

#ANGRY_RACE_CANADA
art\leaderheads\TR_ANG.pcx

#ILOVE_RACE_CANADA
art\leaderheads\TR_CULT.pcx

#LOVED_RACE_CANADA
art\leaderheads\TR_CULTB.pcx

#LHURT_RACE_CANADA
art\leaderheads\TR_CONQ_L.pcx

#HURTN_RACE_CANADA
art\leaderheads\TR_CONQ.pcx

Even with 1.21f patch, it still crashes. I thought this was sposed to be fixed with the new patch? Correct me if i,m wrong. Maybe it is the actual flc. files themselves? Not too sure, i downloaded the Trudeau leader head and have been using that for my civ.

Hey, that's the File that I was looking for art\advisors\TR_all.pcx
that is the file that contains what is displayed on the F4 advisor screen. SO if that is in the pediaicons.txt, then it should show the leader head correctly there and not crash?????

Well, it is spose to work that way. But maybe the pcx files i have been using are have a wrong pallet. Not sure just yet, though i have been playing with the pallet (specifically the last few colors) and i keep crashing.

Maybe i should have left them as the default from the zip?

Top Bottom