Did anyone ever like the Dino scenario in Civ2?

do you think this is a good idea for a mod?

• yes

Votes: 27 73.0%
  • no

Votes: 10 27.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Axid

Owner of the Grail
did anyone like the dino scenario in civ2?

i have been wondering if anyone has thought about making a dinosaur mod for civ 3? i think it could be interesting, if done right. we would definatly need some unit graphics to do this, which i can't do:cry: , and we have some very talented unit artist and other things. . .
anyways i just thought that this might be an interesting idea, and wondered if anyone else thought so.

I liked the Stonehenge mod, if you did something like that it would be cool :D

tpsmall, what was the stonhenge scenario? i never got to it i don't think.

oh believe me i'd do it in a heart beat, but i can't do the unit graphics, and to top it off i'd need a lot of help with acttually creating the mod itself, so im kind of in a bind in that respect. if anyone would be willing to help i'd do it.

You can find the Stonehenge modpack here

It really was one of the best mods for civII

ok, i'll have a look at it as soon as i can.

i guess if no one is really interested in this i might get one of the moderators to delete this thread. oh well i'll wait 2-3 days more and if theres no interest i'll get rid of it.

i thought it was an ok scenario:) i would make some units but i dont have any artistic talent either. but the results from the poll... it dosent seem like it would be worth it

not much interest. as i thin i said part of the reason i raised this question is that my bro loves this scenario, and would defiantly like one for civ 3. i think it could make for some very interesting situations however, but i don't guess that matters that much. oh well. there's one idea down the drain:cry:

well 4 out of 5 say it's a good idea. but not much help or suggetions, huh?

EDIT

now 5 out of 8 say its a good idea.

oh well. i guess i'll get someone to delete this, since there isn't anyinterest. thought this might bbe a decent idea.

I think it's a great idea, but sadly, i have no skill. Hopefully someone can help with this.

i hoped someone might be willing to help with this but alas there is no one.

i don't really care if you aren't very good coolcash, just if you help. ideas are really all that i need (and a little witht hte text files but that doesn't matter), i can put the stuff in the game. just the ideas that give me truble. if you'd help me with that then this could go somewhere, if not and no one offfers than this is going into a plack whole for a while and i might try again in a while, might not. depends. anyways i'd appreciate any hlep i can get.:rolleyes: ;)

:rolleyes: i guess i could test or help with ideas or something....

it'll be kinda hard with skool and evrything but i can help as much as i can, this seems like a good idea

Well, peseloco has started a unit for this mod, so maybe all this mod will work.

Originally posted by tpasmall
Well, peseloco has started a unit for this mod, so maybe all this mod will work.

Yes, I have begun to work on a dinosaur rider unit (see link in my signature) I just noticed this thread today.

I do have some more ideas for a dinosaur mod:
- Tyranosaurus
- Brachiosaurus with a carriage on its back
- Sea dinosaurs
- Pteranadon (with rider)

For a dinosaur mod I would prefer a people/dinosaur mix rather than the Civ II all-dinosaur mod.

The stonehenge mod had both people and dinosaurs. It was probably my favorite mod for civII.

I just got some Dinasaur collection CD recently and they are all in 3DS format. ;)

So once I got some time I will try to convert them into Civ3 units but I believe its going to take some time as I am not familiar with 3DS. :p

more civs could be velocoraptors, maybe mammoths and maybe an only people civ with clubs and stuff

wooohoo! I'm excited. This is gonna be fun....:lol: :lol: :frog::frog::frog::frog::frog::frog::frog::frog:

with both Dark Sheer and Pesocolo working on the units for this, it should be great.

i agree that it would make more sense to have both Humans and Dinos.

i'll start work on this as soon as i can. i still need building ideas and that sort of thing, but governments i have some slight ideas.

some buildings might be that nest and stff like that.

thanks for the help eveyone:D :cool:

Top Bottom