New Utility Requested--Cstat

RufRydyr

QSC Map Maker
I have an idea for an awesome utility program for civ3, but not the skills to make it. Can anyone make it???

I use Mapstat, SirPleb's ScoreCalc thingy, and Apollo a lot. If they could be combined into one utility this would be great! Mapstat and Apollo use a .sav file that you select to determine limits before a conquest and cultural victory which is helpful for milking the score. SirPleb's program requires you to add the score from the last two rounds. Can a program be written that will open the last two auto saves so you don't even have to type in your scores? A program that will automatically tell me the projected score in 2050 and how much territory I can still claim and culture would make my day.

Something else I'd really like to see is the exact amount of culture for each civ. I think Apollo uses this data, but I would like to see it. The culture graph gives an idea, but it's hard to tell when the culture is close. It would be nice to see an exact number for power too.

If anyone can make this happen pls say so. Thanks!

btw, someone suggested that I ask the authors of those 3 programs for permission to use their work, which I'm doing now.

Here's a general idea of what SuperStat could look like:
(CivStat would sound better, but Civ is copyrighted)

(excuse the lack of buttons. think of __as a button or dropdown or filled in blank.

__Load last 2 auto. saves. or __the .sav game to use or the last __ 2 .sav games to calculate projected score. [you would choose whether to pick 1 or 2 games or just have it pull the last 2]

press ctrl-R to recalculate

[SuperStat will then fill in all of the following:]

Assuming no changes in territory or happiness your score in 2050 will be: ___

Since you're playing as _(deity, etc.)_____ your score will be ____ if you win on the next turn. [the level will be pulled from the .sav file by this program]

Internal per-turn score is:____ You are gaining ____ points per turn.

Tiles until domination limit: __ Map Size___ Patch Ver.___ [very helpful for high score verifying]

___(american or whatever)____civ will achieve (100k or 1 city) cultural victory in ____. [ending year 3000 or something so you can see.]

tile breakout from mapstat: (sea tiles, grassland, etc.)

number of cities:_________ number of cities til 512 (or max, whatever it is)

Culture amount for each civ:_________________________ [civs listed by rank][I want to see a number for culture cause the graph is hard to read. would be nice to see gaining X culture per turn too.]

power amount for each civ:________________ [see culture comments]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[If possible it sure would be neat to see number of elite and modern units, etc. and battles won/lost. stuff like that would be cool if the data is hidden in the save file and can be pulled.
----------------------------------------------------------------

O.K. I know this looks pretty darn sloppy, but I just wanted to show some of the things I've been thinking about. Please add your suggestions!

I'm trying to learn Visual Studio. I'm working on the user interface now, but it's coming a little slowly and I'm still kinda lost on how to do the code behind it. Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Still teaching myself VB 6. My current goal is make CultureStat first which will show the culture for each civ as a number and show the rate of growth.

I'd really like some help on writing the code for this. Please volunteer! TIA

Top Bottom