Citizen Poll - Change in Article I of the Constitution - The Census

Do you support the Constitution change detailed in the first post?

• Yes

Votes: 29 76.3%
  • No

Votes: 8 21.1%
  • Abstain

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters

Shaitan

der Besucher
Original Article (section to be changed is in blue)
Article I: The number of votes cast in the most recent presidential election shall constitute a census of citizens (the Congress). A majority of the Congress shall be required to amend the Constitution. A 2/3 majority of the Senate shall be required to ratify said amendment.

Proposed Change (change is in blue)
Article I: The average of the number of votes cast in each of the most recent contested elections shall constitute a census of citizens (the Congress). A majority of the Congress shall be required to amend the Constitution. A 2/3 majority of the Senate shall be required to ratify said amendment.

Clarification
This change would change our census from being equal to the number of votes in the latest Presidential election to being an average of the number of votes in all of the latest round elections that had votes (uncontested positions are not averaged in with a zero vote count).

Background
This topic was discussed in this thread.

Poll Duration
This poll will close after 48 hours or when a majority is reached either for or against the proposal (26 YES or 26 NO votes), whichever comes later.

An excellent measure that will help bring power back to the people. I support this amendment.

I was waiting for that ;) :D

I have voted no because this amendment will have the effect of lowering the census figure and making it easier to muck around with the constitution.

If we want to make it easier to pass laws there are better ways to do it.

To paraphrase:

I have voted yes because this will give us a reasonably realistic and reliable census of our active citizenry.

And if we want to make it harder to pass laws there are much better ways to do that than to base our census on a single source that has conclusively shown to be wildly variant from term to term.

Quick, Donsig. Put on your life-jacket. Get the women and children off first. Your ship is sinking.

We'll send help right away...

My vote is no... you already know why.

CT got promoted too?

EDIT: Damn, Dis beat me too it.

Top Bottom