National Anthem Sugestion

Maybe some of our German members can post their national anthem. Or, if they don't want to do that somebody can probaly get it of MS Encarter.

I would like one that isn't already somebody's national anthem.

If this is going to become a big German uber-fest I'm not going to be thrilled. I'd rather build a common culture (as we did last game) than base everything on this being "The German Democracy Game". Nothing against Germany (the country, civ or ethnic group), but the fun here is in creating our own country.

Originally posted by Danke
If this is going to become a big German uber-fest I'm not going to be thrilled. I'd rather build a common culture (as we did last game) than base everything on this being "The German Democracy Game". Nothing against Germany (the country, civ or ethnic group), but the fun here is in creating our own country.

I very much agree, Danke.

I also agree (which is scary, this makes like for times in a row for eyrei and me). Although we depended on the Persian Immortal heavily during its time, there was no real need or desire to be a Persian Nation. I think this is what allowed us to grow as Phoenaticans. It might be a little more difficult to separate civ from Demo Game Nation in the new game. I believe any aspect of the first Demo Game will be very hard to match or surpass. BTW, I don't think we need a National Anthem...

I feel that the civ has been chosen not on what people think would result in the best gameplay, but on a wave of patriotism. The german ehtnic group members seemed to be the ones voting for Germany. I fear that this may alianate some players if the Game becomes to centred on the 'germanness'. I think we should have it that there are no reffernences to Germany or German culture in our writings and institutions. This sound 'harsh' but in this game the only Persian thing that happened is that Middle Eastern food was offered at the grand Banquet. The only inluence the civ we pick should have on the game is through the civ-specific abilities and units, not through relating the Fanatikan Germany to the PL Germany. As cyc said, we need to build our own culture and sense of self for the game to be enjoyable for all.

So tell us Shaitan, what can we do????
Can we re-poll this issue using a different test? Can we have more discussions and then poll again. There were no significant discussions before the polls for next demo-game choices, maybe we should run some of them (at least this one) again.

Absolutely, we can repoll. We have always gone with a "last one in wins" style. A later poll overrules an earlier poll as long as the item in question has not already been completed. In this case, you can continue to discuss, debate and poll until the new save game is actually created. At that point, obviously, there could no longer be a change.

Quoting AJ:
This sound 'harsh' but in this game the only Persian thing that happened is that Middle Eastern food was offered at the grand Banquet.

AJ, let us not forget the Province of Kashmir or its Capital city of Cyrus.

EDIT: OR the IMMORTAL Exhibit in the Phoenatica National Art Museum...

or the fact that every time you load the recent savegame, it says 'Emperor Xerxes of the Persians.' Could we at least change the name of the nation before the actual game is created?

Originally posted by Stuck_As_a_Mac
oy. can i do anything with out getting investigated?
oyy

Welcome to the Demo game.:lol:

Now what about this :p

Blitzkrieg Bop
Hey ho let's go-
They're forming in a straight line
They're going through a tight wind
The kids are losing their minds
The Blitzkrieg Bop
They're piling in the back seat
They're generation steam heat
Pulsating to the back beat