INFOMATIONAL: What Positions sould Mods be able to Hold?

What positions should a Moderator be able to Hold (MULTICHOICE)

• President

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Domestic Leader

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Millitary Leader

• FA Leader

• Trade Leader

Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Science Leader

• Culture Leader

• Cheif Justice

Votes: 17 68.0%
  • Judge Advocate

Votes: 15 60.0%
  • Public Defender

Votes: 15 60.0%
  • Provincial Governor

Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Abstain

• Total voters

Almightyjosh

Governor in Waiting
There has been much debate over what level of participation is right for Mods (moderators). Moderators have powers that normal CFC members do not.

At the moment it seems most likely that they will run for 'certain, predefined positions' so now we must predefince those positions. Please note that, because they MUST run for some positions, NO POSITIONS is not an option. The abstain option means epopel are counted towards quorum but not towards the vote.

This is a multi-choice poll, so vote for ALL the positions you think they should have.
To be accepted, a position must be voted for by more than half of the citizens who did not abstain.

This poll is Informational and will last for 4 days or untill 30 votes are cast. (this is above official quorum, but I feel this needs high participation and as it is imformational, there is no official quorum.)

Abstain! ;)

I don't think they should hold any. It makes issues too personal. "It's only a game!". :D

Originally posted by Chieftess
Abstain! ;)

I don't think they should hold any. It makes issues too personal. "It's only a game!". :D

Here, Cheiftess, let me help tidy up that office. Sorry to leave it in such a mess. It's hard to think such a big mess could be made in so short a time. :D

Everyone should keep in mind that if all positions are approved for Mods, then this aplies to all Mods in the CFC kingdom. We're not just talking about Shaitan and eyrei here, or Shaitan, eyrei, and DOM or DOF. This is for all Mods. Think about it.

Right, that's that's could be a clear potential for grudges to be abused.

You misspelled 'Informational.'

Don't we already have a poll on this subject?

And again, we should keep Section F, Point 4 of the CoL:
'(Moderators) May not hold leader postions."

Originally posted by Cyc
Everyone should keep in mind that if all positions are approved for Mods, then this aplies to all Mods in the CFC kingdom. We're not just talking about Shaitan and eyrei here, or Shaitan, eyrei, and DOM or DOF. This is for all Mods. Think about it.
That's an excellent point. I've been here from the start and have every intention of being here to the end but we've seen several times that RL can flummox the best of intentions. It is entirely possible (even if not too probable at this point) that the mods affected by this law may not be eyrei and myself.

As I said from the start, I do not want a rule changed just for me. This discussion started because of my sudden ineligibility for the Chief Justice spot, there's no doubt about that. Any rule changes, however, need to be considered in a generic and universal context with particular persons (me) taken out of the equation.

abstain, as the poll setup makes absolutely no sense for me in conjunction with the previous poll.
where is the none, the mayor and the office option?
maybe a poll for branches of government before this one would have been best fit, like in which branch should mods be allowed or something... the jump from the last to this was just too big for me.

@disorganizer - This poll is a follow-up to the other one. As the original poll turned out with mods able to hold specific Leader positions, this poll is simply to determine which positions are appropriate. There is no None option because the other poll already specified that there will be Some position(s). Mayor and office aren't here because they were already approved in total in the first poll.

Nevertheless, i will vote abstain ;-)
Hmmm. What does abstain do in here, as it makes absolutely no sense in multiple choice?
or does it?

Yes, it does matter. For any choice to be valid it needs to have a majority of the total voters. An abstain vote increases the voter total without increasing any of the individual options, making it marginally harder for each option to get a majority.

Originally posted by Shaitan
Yes, it does matter. For any choice to be valid it needs to have a majority of the total voters. An abstain vote increases the voter total without increasing any of the individual options, making it marginally harder for each option to get a majority.

How do you do it? You always manage to confuse me. :) I thought 'Abstain' was like 'no' or 'none', since there was no option for it. :)

It's like saying, "I voted, but I do not agree that a mod should hold any posistion". :)

BTW, the reason I don't like any mod holding any posistion is simple. Voter fraud. ;) (or the potential for it). Mods can rig polls without even knowing it. (maybe have a 2/3 mod acceptence of a vote? :p)

#2. Grudge Matches. A 'Game of Democracy" is a 'game of ideas', so there's bound to be something that won't go one's way. If a mod (especially one in posistion) doesn't like what a person is saying, (even if it's perfect criticism), they can ban/edit/move at will. Duke didn't choose any posistions. Duke even asked me to be a mod once, and I declined since I still had a posistion. (and I didn't want to 'desert' you guys. :))

Originally posted by Chieftess
It's like saying, "I voted, but I do not agree that a mod should hold any posistion". :)
Abstain says that in this poll.

Regarding your concerns, all of those are traceable and reportable. A mod would not stay a mod very long if they did things like that.

I still haven't decided yet. This is a difficult decision.

Could a mod set a science queue? Build queue? What happens if the queue isn't followed?

Could a mod be a Judge and then determine the sentence?

We should also not assume there will be any number of mods other than at least one. Maybe there will be more, but we should not assume.

I am amazed at the number of votes president got! I don't think a mod should be president or a leader of one the 6 major departments.

I voted for all except abstain.
Just because eyrei and Shaitan are mods and good civ3demo participants should not exclude them from running.
I feel that if eyrei wanted to be prez and Shaitan wanted to be domestic leader and we wanted them to be, we should be allowed to vote them in.
Doesn't democracy try to include people as opposed to exclude people?

Anyways, rant is over. That is how I feel. :)

Top Bottom