Nomination Thread - Term 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke of Marlbrough

The Quiet Moderator
Retired Moderator
With a new month coming up we are ready for a new round of elections.

Post in this thread for the nominations for the various positions.

You may self nominate.

The status of each persons nomination is as follows: Accepted, Unconfirmed, and Declined.

The Positions are:

President
civ1-addict A

Duke of Marlbrough D
duke o' york D
Octavian X D

Domestic Advisor
GaryNemo A

starlifter U
Alex Bashkuev U

Military Advisor

Dell19 A
ainwood A

Kev D
funxus D

Foreign Affairs Advisor
Octavian X A
Jayne A

Ren D

Science Advisor
Mordheim A
Leowind A

Duke of Marlbrough D

The only position that has any requirements is that of President. You must be able to run version 2.42 of Civ 2. We can help you convert your version if necessary. :)

Nominations will end the Evening of Thursday August 29th. election polls will be posted on Friday the 39th and be open until Spetember 3rd. This is to allow sufficient time for people to vote with the Holiday on the 2nd.

Good Luck Everyone! :D

And another self-nomination...
I always wanted to be president but I'm a very inexperienced player and that's why I would like to be president in the early game as playing isn't that hard yet (micromanagement in later game always kills me).
So I'd like to nominate myself for president. :)

Mordheim for Science minister
Ren for exploration minister
Duke of York for President
Duke of Marlbrough for president
GaryNemo for Dmoestic minister
funxus for Military minister

Well thats all my nominations for now :)

I shall refuse the nomination (I think it's the fourth one I've turned down :)) for President, thanking Dell but reminding him that I only have Civ 2 on Playstation (in working order). Please don't anybody else propose me for President. I'm happy to do the jobs that don't require Civ access but President is beyond me. :(

I would like to second Dell's proposal of Gary Nemo as Minister of the Interior. Hopefully Alex and starlifter will also accept and we'll have a decent election between three players very knowledgeable about Civ! :goodjob:

Nomination for Science Minister accepted :).

Hmm, as for my nominations it seems everyone I wanted to nominate has been nominated already :mad: ;)

But I second Starlifter for Domestic Advisor and civ-1 for Pres.

To round off a phenomenal load of proposals for one day (no more I promise), I propose Dell19 as Defence Minister and (although it's tempting to say AoA or Hippo because they're listed as citizens in the registry ;)) Leowind as Science Minister. Science isn't too bad a post for those who can't come too often as you only need to set a target for research and then maybe other "junk" techs if we have to leave the prescribed route. A couple of science threads can serve for several sets of turns of exploration or construction. (I made one for the entire first term!)

So after my attempt to persuade Leo that he can do the job I've proposed him for, apologies to all those who couldn't understand my strange job descriptions above. Foreign is Exploration and Interior is Domestic. But Military is still Military! :tank: :D

After confirming that someone more qualified than I is also running for science advisor, I humbly accept duke's nomination of myself to that post. Sept could be a busy month for me, but I would gladly accept the post of deputy science advisor. :)

As you all may have guessed, my late summer has been terrifically busy and I've not had a chance to participate in many discussions. I have been viewing the goings-on and voting and things like that, however.

My early Autumn looks even busier. With this in mind I will have to decline the nomination for military advisor. I know that there are plenty of qualified persons to take the spot - funxus et. al. I have no fear that we will continue to move ahead in our efforts to become the best (if not ONLY) civilization that this still-new world has seen.

I'll likely be back for the next round of voting, and at that point I'll likely be able to get much more involved.

Since Kev, my nomination for Military Advisor, has declined the role, then I shall change my nomination to ainwood. :)
It may seem like an easy role for the time being, but should we meet another civ then things will get very interesting indeed. I don't think that the military advisor in this game has the same right as the Civ 3 one to take over production in nearby cities, but this may be reviewed at some point. Not that our current cities would be nearby at all, and we already have enough troops to crush a civ but this could become relevant later on. :)

I humbly accept the nomination for Domestic Advisor. And if elected, I pledge to post polls. I hereby ask the Duke to PM me to explain how to post polls.

However, I am a text guy, not too swift with the pictures. And I prefer many small cities. You can be sure that will generally be presented as an option. Thus if I am elected, you others must all plan to vote to keep this world plan of scattered cities.

What do the A U D suffixes mean?

Originally posted by GaryNemo
However, I am a text guy, not too swift with the pictures. And I prefer many small cities. You can be sure that will generally be presented as an option. Thus if I am elected, you others must all plan to vote to keep this world plan of scattered cities.

What do the A U D suffixes mean?

They're with regard to the nominations made for each position - Accepted nomination (they're in the election polls to appear on Friday morning posted by my good self),
Undecided (whoever is unaware that they have been proposed, or like Duke, wants to see if anyone will oppose them before they refuse or accept the nomination),
Declined nomination (hasn't got the time, the desire or the technological capability to perform the role proposed - actually the last one's probably just me then :)).

You put forward good arguments for your style of play and you seem to be on top of everything going on so you'd be a great Domestic Advisor. :goodjob: If Alex and starlifter don't accept their nominations by Friday morning then the job's yours anyway!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom