Civ Customization

Chieftess

Retired Moderator
Did anyone know that if you clicked on the civ traits (just below the leader head) that you could cutomize the name of your civ?

The options are:

Name:
Formal:
Noun:
Adjective:
Titile:

Currently, for the Germans, they are:

Name: Bismark
Formal: Germany
Noun: Germans
Adjective: German
Titile: Chancellor

Thats a neat feature I never noticed! Thanks.

Should we change the info there to match ourselves?

edit: I think we should change it.

Sounds like a good plan to me, although I'm not sure what would be best to enter in the "Title" and "Name" fields given our regular changes of President.

I would propose:
Formal: Fanatika
Noun: Fanatikans
Adjective: fanatikan
Title: President

Name: ? is this changeable when the game runs? i believe so. So what should we put in there?

None of these fields are editable once the game starts. For President we could just put in "Fanatika" for a generic placeholder.

Then again, that would make our saves "Fanatika of the Fanatikans..."

How about "Great One" or "Mighty One"?

Wow, this sure got replied to quick!

Or "Shaitan - Founder of the Constitution"
;)

(I won't include the other 'f' word next to a German civ... I don't want to intice anything...)

Now in which example sentences is which variable used?

Could we leave it blank?

EDIT:
does anyone have a tool to just change this name in the save without giving any other possibilities?

Although, we could use a hex editor to edit the names. ;)

But, who knows what that might do to the game save... (Is the string of varible lenght? Fixed? Does it require a length field?) :)

yeah. any utility-programmers here?

reason: it would be nice to have a small batchfile (or windows app) to just give it the name of the player in duty and the name of the save and then change it accordingly. this way we would always know who played which save ;-)

but this is like the map-generator: a dream...

now in which sentences is the player name used?

The DP can always save with his/her name in the save.

The player name is used extensively when the others civs talk to you. Other than that I think it's only in the save filename default and the Hall of Fame.

It's the text files that use things like: @player1.civname (I don't know the exact syntax)...

I'll try to find the names in a game save - Also the autosaves aren't decompressed (I believe they're after the city cycles and AI moves).

I think so. There have been a few times during the last demogame, where the game crashed, and I had to use the latest autosave. :)

I didn't want to say anything, but I had the same thought as Padma. I used that on my first game. My test game that I'm running now using the same starting criteria I have set as "Danke of the Fauxnatiki" (I'm in dead last, btw. My first game on Emperor).

However, I didn't find the "clean map" option until something like my 8th game, so I can't exactly brag here.

How about this

Name: Player
Noun: Fanatikans
Adjective: Fanatikan
Title: Designated

This will produce the message ' Designated Player of the Fanatikans' when the game i sopened. Thoughts on the actual name?

I'm for keeping it simple:

Name: People or Land

Whenever we were addressed it would be "People (or Land) of Fanatika". Same goes for the saves. Right? Wouldn't that cover the Nation as a whole?

Top Bottom