Turn Chat Frequency for the early game

Chieftess

Retired Moderator
Since this is a new game, turn chats and discussions may be quick, since there aren't discussions on who to trade with, what troops do what, etc.

There will be discussion on scout (warrior) movement, early build queues (for citizen input), tech research, and possibly trade of early techs.

Do you feel we need more discussion, or should we go with frequent chats (every 2 or 3 days)?

It should be possible with more frequent chats. Maybe longer chat sessions.

I concur. 2 chats a week, maybe Wednesday and Sunday. 10 turns per chat.

I would go with more disscions, with 2 chats per week. Possibly one in the Wendnesday and one on Friday or Saturday.

We should also discuss the turn-rate. It should not be too high when decissions are needed.

I like twice a week or at least never less than 3 days from one to the next so there is tons of time to discuss. I also like the 10 turn max. I think that's the most honourable to the forum participants.

I think at all stages of the game there are issues to talk about and different departments will take leadership as time goes.

we will always find something to talk about... this game will be so complex that we will propably miss some time between chats no matter what schedule we set ;-)

so may i recap?
2 times a week on fixed(!) weekdays with max 10 turns per chat?

what should the average turncount be? 5?
(notice the difference between average and maximum here!)

I see nothing wrong with trying three chats per week. It seems we talk for a couple days in the forum then after that just sit around and wait for the next turns to be played. If we do some general pre-planning then frequent chats will be ok.

I do think we should strictly adhere to the ten turns per chat maximum. Ten turns will not take much time to do in the first stages and the tendency will be to play more turns per chat. I strongly urge those at the chat not to give in to this tendency! Play no more than ten turns per chat!

@donsig:
our rules say polls need 48h of uptime+24 hours of prediscussion to be valid. i think they also say the poll duration must extend 1 day for the weekends.
so having 3 days between chats during the week and 4 over the weekend is mandatory.
i think with that we will be fixed to a max of 2 chats per week to get valid polls anyways.
but correct me if im wrong, i didnt have time to read the rules lately.

in my opinion every three days strikes a beautiful balance between frequency of chat to keep the game moving and adequate discussion time for proposals. three days should be fine.

neutral leader is a good, responsible provincial governor

3 days between chat will lead to altering weekdays for the chat. this lead to big confusion in the start of g1, because variable day-planning is impossible for some people ;-)
fixed weekdays are propably better, but a poll could clarify this :p

That's why I believe Wed. & Sun. will be a good choice. After Wednesday's chat we wil have 2 weekdays and 2 week-end days before chat. After Sundays chat we will have 3 weekdays before chat. Seems to be the best combo, IMO.

That would work for me too, BCLG100.

Top Bottom