So the workers kept transgressing
The Russians kept fussing
My France got annoyed
Now my brains did boil!

And the bow did break!
And when the cup did fill!
And the nerve did pop!
And the blood did spill!
And everyone got the fury of the madman as he rape their cities all in a turn!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Attachments

• automation2.jpg
    automation2.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 460
stupid AI workers, i had the same, for some reason they wanted to rail the WHOLE of india's Land BEFORE my home land? :confused:

I just found the 'automate' option. I had never played a conquest style before because micro-managing millions of captured workers is impossible to do efficiently. I use 'a' - what's 'Shift-a' do?

Shift-a means they will NOT change previous improvements and will NOT cut down forests. Exception: if they need to change an improvement to get water to a city, they WILL do so (and will then NOT change it back).

I like to use shift-I because then they only improve 1 city at a time then I can move them to a new city.

Macro-management

shift-A' = shift-A*ses

looking at Catherine's 'bubbly' face every other turn added 'insult to injury'

And that's why, ladies and gentlemen, I never automate my 100+ workers :D :lol: :D

... as well as my bad experiences with automated settlers in Civ2 :(

Maybe they'll get them right for Civ4... Maybe... :)

My answer in modern ages just stick almost all my workers in transports and fortify them, or now with the 1.29 patch, just fortify all and wake all in groups of 4 (or 2 for industrious)

i always get the same problem, so i dont invade cities, the best way to avoy that problem is to only take cities in another continent, or invade cities adjacent to ur civ, not on the other side w/ the AI in the middle

Unless you planned on attacking Catherine in the next 20 turns, a ROP would always solve that problem. Since you have a larger territory, you should be able to charge HER for the ROP (unless you had a ruined rep).

Originally posted by Lt. 'Killer' M.
Shift-a means they will NOT change previous improvements and will NOT cut down forests. Exception: if they need to change an improvement to get water to a city, they WILL do so (and will then NOT change it back).

Not true - in my most recent game I accidentally automated a worker and the first thing it did was start mining an irrigated game tile. Luckily I stopped it in time :).

Originally posted by Exsanguination
Not true - in my most recent game I accidentally automated a worker and the first thing it did was start mining an irrigated game tile. Luckily I stopped it in time :).
And you're sure that you did the shift-A automation, and not just the A automation?

Top Bottom