Discussion: Producing cheap Swordsmen

GenMarshall

High Elven ISB Capt & Ghost Agent
Night Haven, Vekta, United Systems of Korpulu
With the fial desision on building a city on the iron hills. I have found an idea to produce swordsmen more cheaply and quckly. The Idea is first, dont build roads to "Iron Hill City", for the time being. Then, have Barvaria (or any other non-iron connected cities) produce warriors. Once the warrior is compleated, send him to "iron Hill City" to get additional training and upgraded.
This Idea will churn out swordsmen at a fast and efficiant pace thus improving the Fanatikan war machine to be more efficiant. (Note: this idea can also be applied to future resource discoveries.)

Excellant idea, General. My only question is, althogh this would speed production, would it not put a far greater strain on our financial resources? I mean, if we were to simply build the swords from scratch in Bavaria, wouldn't we have saved money that could be used to support a larger army or hurry military research? Otherwise, I like your suggestion.

Originally posted by Grandmaster
Excellant idea, General. My only question is, althogh this would speed production, would it not put a far greater strain on our financial resources? I mean, if we were to simply build the swords from scratch in Bavaria, wouldn't we have saved money that could be used to support a larger army or hurry military research? Otherwise, I like your suggestion.

Warriors only cost 10 shields while the Swordsmen cost 30 shields. Its cheaper production wise but as you said Grandmaster, it could put a strain on the financies. But we can upgrade any existing warrior that are not exploring to swordsmen, or find more sources of commerce :).

Then again, if a sword army would allow us to utterly crush the Aztecs, regardless of the pre-war costs we'd be able to extoll enough money to almost make up for it when we dictate the terms of their surrender.

The Trade Deparment will put forth every effort to fund this sword rush. :) It has the support of Trade.
(hehe.. I'm feeling nostalgic...)

How many swordsmen do you think will be needed for a first, strong attack on aztec territory? If our treasury can take it, I support the idea.
Teotihuacan is surrounded by incense, that is a great incentive within itself.

Ehecatl Atzin

The Domestic Department supports a sword rush, as long as it doesn't completely drain funds.

i think its a good idea but iron city would need to have a barracks built first if it hasnt already

Originally posted by Stuck_As_a_Mac
great idea.
also- any plans for our archers?

I plan on to intergrate the archers into our armed forces :). A combination ranged and melee combat unit ;). In any event of a war in this era, I plan to have the swordsmen be the first wave attack while the archers follow along picking off any stray enemy units. (Especaly with the Aztec's Jaguar Warrior extra movement point.)

In how many turn do you think this attack will be over? ie - a peace agreement.

Ehecatl Atzin

It looks like the VP, Domestic Leader, Trade Leader, and Foriegn Affairs Leader seem to like this, CivGeneral.

Reminds me of the good old days... in Pheonetica where we had several Warrrior Producing cities and several Immortal upgrade cities.

Good Job CivGeneral!!!

Originally posted by Ehecatl Atzin
In how many turn do you think this attack will be over? ie - a peace agreement.

Ehecatl Atzin
That will likely depend upon how successful the archer assault is. Due to the long transit time of speed 1 units we are looking at an extended conflict.

Top Bottom