Unit preview : Leclerc French Main Battle Tank

Boulboulgadol

Gadol as my tanks barrels
After having made some israeli units, I remembered I'm French !
So let's give France a powerfull armored vehicle too !

In fact, the Leclerc is one of the most armored tank ever made.

I'm just on the modeling level on this. I have now to make all the animations. Don't expect this before 2 weeks, because my job is taking me a hell of time these days.

Give me some comments. I can still change things here.

Attachments

• show4.jpg
    show4.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 466
Here is a Civ3 sized imge

Attachments

• show5.gif
    show5.gif
    3 KB · Views: 442
SWEET!!!!!:D I Love This!!!!!! Much Better Than The Merkava And That Was Decent. VERY NICE!!!!

I dont think anything needs changes.

Originally posted by Kal-el
very nice. Somebody needs to count how many tanks there are floating around these boards. :crazyeye:

We are awash in them no doubt. Still, they rank up there as my favorite ground unit, so I don't think we can ever have too many.

Very nice unit Boulboulgadol. Any chance of an AMX 30 in the future?

Looks good... before the civ sized image loaded I was going to suggest shrinking the size of the imaging pod on the top, but after seeing that if you made it smaller you wouldn't notice it...

looks great but don't forget your hatches on top of the turret.

Originally posted by cockroach
Suggestion for death animation: A white flag being waved by tank crew:D
Damn, thats harsh... :lol:

Nice artwork B!

When I saw the thread, for some reason I thought it was the 1940 era tank. For a good "Plan Yellow" scenario were going to need one. ;)

Wowie! :D
I think I like this tank better than all the other ones released, simply because it looks so cool as a model. Great work! :goodjob:

this is loking great it could replace the musketer as the french UU in one of these modern world scenario´s.:goodjob:

Thank you all for these comments.

cockroach : are you calling french people coards ??? Well I don't mind. Maybe we are, but we've got pretty girls ! Les petites francaises !

Polaris : For the AMX 30, I don't know yet. I will first attempt to finish this one. But I keep the idea !

Kinboat : as you know, we have to make details a bit bigger than reality to have decent graphics on the civ3 size. For example, I'm wondering if I will make the front spotlights bigger... I don't know...

CurtSibling : my dream too ! So that's why I'm making my contribution. And also because nobody here seemed to care about new french units ! :)

Yoda Power : there're 2 ways to see tanks a UU. Either thy are all flavor with the same stats, or real UU with different stats according to their own capabilities.
For example : I setted up the Merkava with "use every scare as a road", because it is very fast and designed to desert fields.
As the Leclerc is one of the most armoured, it could have a better defense stat, or a HP bonus.

Trip & Vodog : well... just thanks !

I go on !

Originally posted by Boulboulgadol
cockroach : are you calling french people coards ??? Well I don't mind. Maybe we are, but we've got pretty girls ! Les petites francaises !

You're quite right, Boulboulgadol, you DO have the pretty girls, and for that reason alone, we will let you keep your country!

:mwaha:

Great model, btw. Fine peice of work. I am actually rather envious of the Leclerc, named after a decent fellow, and with tough lines. If only Canada had the budget...

R.III

to Boulboulgadol,

Maybe its nice to put a gun ontop of the tank?

and second. Maybe a diffrent color?? because we have the Leopard II in the same color. thx anyway keep up the work m8

good luck

Well I thought about the Leopard 2 and its colors are lighter. The tank itself is also very different, so there is no chance of mistake.

But I will try some different camo

I made some changes and put more details

Attachments

• show6.gif
    show6.gif
    24.1 KB · Views: 306
Top Bottom