at least, a TRUE U-Boat !

Overseas

Chieftain
At least, this true U-Boat :fish: , based on real documentation, has been UNPDATED ! still the design of a IX-B version, because the well-known one VII-C got a pair of external ballasts, not that esthetic to be true. :p
In addition, a couple of old (but good !) wav sounds from "Aces of the Deep" were converted and adapted to a few action in the INI file.

Be sure to get a backup copy of your files done and the whole zip uncompressed into the ... Art/Units/U-Boat directory of your game before playing...

NOTE : see at the bottom of this page for the DOWNLOADS, thank you.

:goodjob:

That's a nice work but I think we're gonna have a problem with it since the unit position changes with angles and animation (that's what I see on the preview.).

On the game, wer'e gonna have a sub moving 20 pix instantly from the attack to the death anmation.

Maybe you should think about re-making it with a sub exactly in the middle of the magenta scare, whatever the animation is. That way, it won't move strangly during the game.

Yes, you are right... I made it this way to leave the most of the space when shooting the torpedos... and getting just enough to expand the explosion effect aswell. To me, they were just two different animations, but maybe I'm wrong ?

Yes. The computer is going to center the frames exactly in the middle. So if your sub is centered in a first animation, and uncentered in another, it will disapear and reapear here and there.

Your sub HAS TO be centered on the scare for every frame of every animation. If it's not, you will have some kind of blink effect.

Thank you for your advice, I'll see how to alter.

Top Bottom