Term 3: The Southwest Province

Status
Not open for further replies.

donsig

Low level intermediary
Current city information.

Code:
[color=green]
City                 size   H  C  U  E  S  T  spt  waste   gpt  corr.  beak  lux  food   grows in

Bremershaven           2    2                  5      1     3     1      0    0     +2    1 turns
Eklektochtitlan        2    2           1      1            6     3      0    0     +4    2 turns
New Falcon's Nest      2    2                  5      2     4     2      0    0     +0    - turns
Tlaxcala               2    2                  5      2     4     1      0    0     +1    3 turns  
[/color]

Key: H=happy citizens, C=content, U=unhappy, S=scientists, E=entertainers, T=taxmen, food=food surplus, beak=beakers

Bremershaven is a Fanatikan founded city. The other cities were founded by the Aztecs and conquered by Fanatica in The First War.

Bremershaven and Tlaxcala have libraries and their borders have expanded! :) New Falcon's Nest has stopped growing. It will have a library in 4 turns and once its borders expand it will have access to a wheat tile. It will then be able to grow again. Everyone in the SW Province is happy!

This map shows our province nicely.

This post shows the build queues currently in place.

Code:
[COLOR=green]
City                 build queue (# of turns to complete)

Bremershaven         horsemen (3), spearmen (?)
Eklektochtitlan      library (33), settler (30)
New Falcon's Nest    library  (4), spearman (?)
Tlaxcala             pikemen  (3), spearmen (?)
[/COLOR]

Here are the current changes to the build queues and tile useages:

Eklektikos: Recruit settler then restart library!

No, the official name of this province is not Southwest Province! We need a good name for this province. I'm not that keen on Big Valley. I kinda like Aztec Plains but that seems more like an area name than a province name. So, citizens please post your suggestions for names for our new province.

We also need a provincial capital. I'm partial to Tlaxcala since I live there. :)

Oh, and build queues. Please post suggestions for build queues and tile useage here!

congratulations on your appointment to this soon to be renamed province.

Bill

Name suggestions:
donsignia. PI Land. Old Leader's Porch. Need I go on? :satan:

Seriously, though, why not follow the German theme? Some suggestions (though some might recognize these names):
Baden-Wuerttemberg, Bayern, Berlin, Brandenburg, Bremen, Hamburg, Hessen, Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, Niedersachsen, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Rheinland-Pfalz, Saarland, Sachsen, Sachsen-Anhalt, Schleswig- Holstein, Thueringen

I'm partial to Mecklenburg-Vorpommern. :mwaha:

Donsig
Congratulations on your appointment as Governer from the Cartographic Office. I would also remind you of your Citizen Naming rights, but you are already aware of them. :)

Please remind your deputy, however, that he or she will be eligible for these rights as well and should register his or her city name with our office.

How about Lebrecht?

I'll have to look up Lebrecht. I took 2 years of German in college but only learned that I'm no good at learning different languages. ;)

I've already named Bremershaven but will remind my deputy of their rights.

That reminds me. I need a deputy! I'll get on that presently! :)

Please note that the first three posts of this thread contain info on our cities and build queues.

Donsig
Great work on the summary posts at the beginning of the thread! I hope future governors look at this as an example of how to structure their office threads.

I think that Bremershaven should definitly knock out a Settler next and Tlax (hmm..reminds me of a horse I know...) should build a barracks. IMHO

Originally posted by donsig
That reminds me. I need a deputy! I'll get on that presently! :)

I am still interested in the Deputy Govenor Possition :D :).

I don't think barracks are necessary yet. Not unless/until these cities become unit manufacturers. Due to the slow nature of our current army a barracks in Tlaxcala would not help with healing units up. Perhaps New Falcon's Nest would be a better bet for a barracks. That is close enough to the front to be of assistance if we build an assault road due west from the city.

Originally posted by Shaitan
I don't think barracks are necessary yet. Not unless/until these cities become unit manufacturers. Due to the slow nature of our current army a barracks in Tlaxcala would not help with healing units up. Perhaps New Falcon's Nest would be a better bet for a barracks. That is close enough to the front to be of assistance if we build an assault road due west from the city.

Then you're suggesting that Tlaxcala doesn't build military units?

I like Volkslander (I think this is how you say it, its People's Province or People's State. please correct my broken German)

Mr. Governor, we are critically short of spearmen to relieve our veteran swordsmen from garrison duty as well as horsemen for our offensive against Japan. Please take this into consideration when planning your build queues.

Originally posted by donsig

Then you're suggesting that Tlaxcala doesn't build military units?
Tlaxcala may better serve by pumping out some regular spears to relieve the veteran swords now doing garrison duty. As the cities in question are in our back ranks veteran status is not a great concern. I would not bother with a barracks until offensive troops are needed from Tlaxcala.

Bremershaven would be a better production city for the offensive units in any case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom