Status
Not open for further replies.

FortyJ

Deity
Domestic Leader: FortyJ
Domestic Deputy: Fionn McCumhall
Domestic Chat Rep: Gonzo For Civ

Provincial Governors
Provincial governors are responsible for submitting build queues and making funding requests for rush jobs and other projects.
Code:
01-District of Bohemia		** N/A **
02-North Province		CivGeneral
03-Taliesin			Chieftess
04-Southwest Province		Donovan Zoi
05-Rhineland			Stuck As a Mac
06-South Doughnut Coast		Octavian X
07-Hafen Land			Bill in PDX
Please post all funding requests in the Budget Office.

Domestic Archives
Term 3 (Eklektikos)
Term 2 (Zarn / Stuck As a Mac)
Term 1-1/2 (Fionn McCumhall)
Term 1 (Chiefpaco)

~~~ Headlines ~~~

Let the celebration Begin![party]
I want to thank all my supporters and the countless volunteers who tirelessly organized my grass roots campaign to win this election. Our unanimous support displayed in these elections has provided us with the mandate necessary to effect the changes we so dearly wish to see take place.

Deputy and Chat Reps Needed
I have opened this thread at the risk of offending my predecessor because we are 48 hours away from the beginning of the term and this office is severely understaffed. We need a deputy and a chat rep (to attend the turn chats in the event that either myself or the new deputy cannot attend).

Current Nominees/Volunteers
for Deputy: Fionn, Octavian, CivGeneral, Naervod
for Chat Rep:

On a personal note, I want to thank my predecessors for doing such a fine job and making my job that much easier. I hope that I can carry on the good work you all have started.

I sent you a PM applying for the Deputy position.

I guess this is where I say congrats, 40J. You did the two-step into the big chair. Well done. Will we still receive your services in the Cartographic Office?

Congratulations on your official assumption of office, FortyJ. :goodjob:

The Term 3 domestic administration would just like to bring to your attention the fact that the Longterm City Placement Plan has finally reached quorum and is now official.

As a result of a recent poll posted by the previous administration, we have established an official city placement plan. Naturally, actions by rival nations may force us to ammend this plan from time to time, but the plan has been approved and should be used as a reference for all recommendations for future city placement.

Download the full scale version (323kB)

Many thanks to Eklektikos for his hard work on this project.

We currently have four settlers in the field, all of which shall likely be settled during the upcoming turn chat.

We also have a settler in production in Kuhkaff which will be completed in two (2) turns. After that settler is completed, according to our current queues, the next settler will not be produced for another seventeen (17) turns!

This is unacceptable. If we are to continue to grow, we must continue to produce settlers at a faster pace than this.

All Governors are hereby instructed to produce some settlers. I'll leave the details up to you for now, but find a way. The future of Fanatika lies in our hands. We must build more cities!

@40j - As a former Domestic Dept. Leader, I would like to share some thoughts with you about the Settler situation. I will concede on the point that we need to build a few more Settlers to mop up some prime areas left on our borders and possibly opening up because of the Japanese Incursion.

But, as I posted in your poll about the Ek Settler, I can not see sending a Settler produced on the SE coast on a 10 turn trek up to the NW coast. That one is a little to left fieldish for me. Here's an alternative or two.

If you rushed the Library in Kuhkaff for 48g, you could start a Settler there that wouls be complete in 5 turns (even with the growth in 2). We send this Settler to "C" (where the Settler south of Riga is going). We send the Settler south of Riga to "A". We send the Setter in Ek to "Q". That gives us 3 cities in 12 turns instead of 2 cities in 16 turns for a cost of 48g.

People are now voting for "A" simply because you told them to. I feel this is a bad move, as the plan I've stated above will get you what you want in less time plus a lot more. Please reconsider.

Cyc
Your plan holds merit. However, I am reluctant to move a settler to 'A' until the war with Japan is officially in the mop up stages or until we are able to secure their northern cities in a peace settlement.

I, too, would rather rush build a library in Androbius (to push the culture barriers into Riga a bit) and build a settler in Kuhkaff. In fact, I will propose this immediately for discussion/debate.

Unfortunately, the none of the governors have informed me of any such plans to build additional settlers, so I am forced to work with what we have. Weighing the options of adding another luxury to our trade network (in large, tradable quantities also) versus building a nice "buffer" town, it seemed more logical and more urgent that we build a city near the gems ASAP.

Of course, if we are able to build a settler in the North Province (in Kuhkaff), it would make much more sense to move him to site 'A' and use the settler in Eklektochtitlan for another, more accessible, location.

Thank you, 40J. I understand the prediciment you find yourself in. Please keep in mind you are the Domestic Dept. Leader and that part of this game is about politics. A swift word via PM or post to a Governor can shift an entirely stopped up situation into a very fluid one in a day. It is within your power as the left hand man to the President to make things happen. If you explain it well enough to the people they will understand.

The Settler south of Riga will not make it to site "A" for 6 or 7 turns (can't remember now), so there is plenty of time to take Kyoto and make a peace deal beneficial enough to allow a city placement of the Japanese borders. I agree that the added lux's make a city much more important than firming up our southern border, but in the moving "big picture", all three cities just outside of a t/c warrant the effort to convince Governors and citizens alike of this real need.

Domestic Department Bash
All this week, the Domestic Department will be celebrating the nominations and confirmations of our Term 4 staff! The new members bring plenty of experience and a helpful, can-do attitude that is sure to make this term a success.

So be sure to congratulate Fionn McCumhall as our new Domestic Deputy and Gonzo for Civ as our new Domestic Chat Rep!

[party] :beer: [party]

Yeah, congratulations me! :D

Congrats to fionn as well :)

This'll be a productive term...I've already completed and used my first Domestic Dept. script :D

Links and Downloads:

Current Financial Report (located in Budget Thread)

Current City List (180kB)

Current Demographics (56kB)

News:

Congratulations to our Governors! In the first three turn chats this term, we have already added (not including conquest) six cities, we currently have two settlers either already on their way to another city site or awaiting instructions to go somewhere, and we have one more on the way within the next six turns. At this pace, we will have grown the number of cities in our nation by more than 33% from the beginning of the term by the middle of the month! Keep up the great work!

We have dropped the luxury rate to 0% in hopes of growing our treasury so that we can better rush projects where needed and more often. Governors should keep a close eye on our more rapidly growing cities so that they do not riot. As a result of this, some preference will be given to rushing Temples in order to prevent rioting in the streets.

The Japanese conflict is drawing to a close and we have not yet seen a leader rise from the battlefield. While we can still hold out against hope that such a leader will emerge, we should begin planning for the production of the Forbidden Palace and the possible relocation of our capitol.

Build Queues (as of 430 AD)
Code:
[u]District of Bohemia[/u]
Bavaria	(9)		Knight (5)

[u]North Province (CivGeneral)[/u]
Valhalla (9)		Harbor (1)
Kuhkaff (5)		Temple (9)
Naerva (6)		University (16)
Gunningheim (3)		Barracks (5), Temple (20), University (34)
Androbius (2)		Library (8)

[u]Taliesin (Chieftess)[/u]
Morgana (4)		Knight (1), Pikeman (8), Library (10)
Strider's Haven (6)	Knight (8)
Dacula (2)		Library (2), Barracks (10), Knight (35)
Penguin (2)		Harbor (6), Pikeman (15)
The Burrow (9)		Knight (4)
Palanthus (3)		Temple (19)
New PDX (2)		Library (3), Catapult (10)
Tarkingrad (2)		Temple (17)

[u]Southwest Province (Donovan Zoi)[/u]
Tlaxcala (7)		Granary (1), Knight (10)
Bremershaven (10)	Knight (6), Knight (7), University (10)
Eklektochtitlan	(1)	Pikeman (22), Library (40)
New Falcon's Nest (4)	Pikeman (6)
Pensacola (2)		Library (5), Catapult (10), Pikeman (15)
Civanatoria (2)		Library (12), Catapult (10), Catapult (10)
Cuernavaca (2)		Library (10), Pikeman (15), Granary (30)
Nocsfiedera (1)		Library (32)

[u]Rhineland (Stuck As a Mac)[/u]
Octavinium (5)		Temple (4), Courthouse (16), Pikeman (6), University (20)
Sturmandrang (2)	Barracks (10), Pikeman (15), Pikeman (15)
Huntington (1)		Library (19), Barracks (20), Pikeman (30)
Serenity (2)		Pikeman (2), Barracks (10), Pikeman (15), Temple (30), 
			Pikeman (15), Library (20)
Grandmastoria (1)	Library (32)

[u]Spouth Doughnut Coast (Octavian X)[/u]
Padmativa (2)		Settler (6), Temple (30)

[u]Hafen Land (Bill in PDX)[/u]
Kells (2)		Library (12), Barracks (10), Pikeman (15)
Plexenburg (1)		Pikeman (11), Library (40)
Kyoto (1)		Pikeman (30)

[u]Outside Provincial Borders[/u]
Hakodate (1)		Library (35)
Ise (1)			Library (40)
Numbers in parentheses next to city names represent the current shield production for those cities. Numbers in parentheses next to units represent the anticipated number of turns to complete this unit.[/code]

Do I need to come to you to request workers? If so....

The Southwest Province would like to begin the Great Land Enhancement which will bring forth much-needed irrigation from Eklektochtitlan to Bremershaven. A dedicated staff of 6-8 workers would be needed for this initiative. I know the workers are much in demand and I don't expect them to arrive all at once, but any help in this matter would be appreciated. Here's my plan for implementation(roads are optional, but would be necessary for fastest execution):

Attachments

• land-enhancement.jpg
    land-enhancement.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 128
Octavian X
:lol: :lol:
Sorry. I'll change it now.

Donovan Zoi
Actually, I believe worker management falls under the all-consuming umbrella of the President, but I will pass on your request to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom