PMR-2A Tripwire Mine

hiddenpix

Chieftain
This is my first, so be gentle. I have not been able to figure out how to make it die when it bombards. But it works.
Setting as follows

move1
Attack0
Bombard6
Defense1
Immobile
Invisible
Airdrop

Enjoy

Attachments

• copy of pmr-2a tripwire mine.zip
    44.5 KB · Views: 1,106
Unfortunately I have found that the Crusie Missle flag dose not work the unit simply defends based on the value given and remains after the battle. I tryed useing Zone of control to get it to attack as soon as a enemy unit aproched that failed to.

In fact the only way I have found land mines to work is with a high defence and a -5 in the bonus HP. this means that the unit will defend and remain but never become a veteran (I guess you need to asume the its a field of mines and they didnt get them all). But with the Imobile and invisible flags, even with air drop, the AI simply leaves them in cities. realistic in some ways since citys would be the best place for them. The way I use land mines now (when I use them) is with Immobile Airdrop and foot unit flags in conjunction with a land transport to move or lay them. And no the AI has no idea what to do with a land transport. So the AI uses them but a person uses them better.

O nice unit I like it alot:goodjob: :goodjob:

Originally posted by Hunter
Unfortunately I have found that the Crusie Missle flag dose not work the unit simply defends based on the value given and remains after the battle. I tryed useing Zone of control to get it to attack as soon as a enemy unit aproched that failed to.

In fact the only way I have found land mines to work is with a high defence and a -5 in the bonus HP. this means that the unit will defend and remain but never become a veteran (I guess you need to asume the its a field of mines and they didnt get them all). But with the Imobile and invisible flags, even with air drop, the AI simply leaves them in cities. realistic in some ways since citys would be the best place for them. The way I use land mines now (when I use them) is with Immobile Airdrop and foot unit flags in conjunction with a land transport to move or lay them. And no the AI has no idea what to do with a land transport. So the AI uses them but a person uses them better.

O nice unit I like it alot:goodjob: :goodjob:

Have you ever seen the AI airdrop a land mine?

Originally posted by utahjazz7

No, not me personally. But a friend of mine . . . alcohol talking.

:confused: Or I guess I could say...have you ever seen an AI land mine not in a city?? :D

Top Bottom