Next turn - 1200ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayne

Emperor
:santa:

1100ad - Made recommended alterations.
Bribe V.archer near Routskilde for $117.

Deliver MD salt to Elysium at max trade for $50. MD gets $3/turn and Elys $0/turn.

Warr near Bactra moves N to fortress. Spots irrigating Perisan and irrigated land.

LC boat spots island SW of India.

IPRB: BL, Upps, Mord, Dell

2 cats stacked outside Viborg, plus 1 approaching.

1120ad - WLTC cancelled: Routs. WLTC starts: MD

FA builds beads van, starts temp. LC builds spice van, starts aqua. Udal builds boat, starts temp.

NUF discover medicine, start chemistry. Population exceeds 4,000,000. Tax returned to 20:50:30

Elys gold delivered to Ren for $75. Each city gets $3/turn.

Dip near Routskilde nearer Skara!
Attack 2 V.cats with knight. 2 units destroyed!

Locate Pasargadae. $1520 to revolt.

IPRB: Elys, BB

Cat outside Viborg, knight approaches. V.phal and cat land near Skara blocking dips path.

Persians nearly complete Marco's

1140ad - Civil Disorder in Bactra.

MT builds setts, starts crusaders. TF builds silk van, starts knight. RC builds dip, starts MAGELLANS. Sacrifice 8 vans. Rout builds and starts crusaders.

Knight attacks V.cat and wins. Bribe V.trireme for $156. NONE!! Dip boards. Locate Skara.

IPRB: Elys

V.knight outside Viborg, 1 more approaching. V.cat enters Skara, knight approaches Routs.

Antioch builds Marco's. Indians change to Magellans.

1160ad - WTLC cancelled: Upps

RC builds Magellans, starts aqua. Russians abandon Magellans. Indians change to SHAKESPEARE's :eek:

Skara revolts for $87. We get: $18, Feudalism, catapult, caravel, elephant, archer and 2 pikemen!!!!! Start building dip. There is a support problem so caravel, elephant, cat and 1 pike transfered to Routs and rehomed.

Leo's upgrades warriors and phal to pikemen, trireme to caravel, chariot to elephant.

Vikings request audience. 1 spear. Accept cease fire. Refuse peace, but over-ruled by Senate.

RB: PF

Vikings withdraw 1 knight and advance 2nd near Viborg. Barbs land near Karachi.

1180ad - PF build temp, starts van. Elys builds dip, starts ISSAC's. Sacrifice 8 vans. Upps builds and starts crusaders.

Locate Persepolis.
Locate Odessa. Will revolt for $282. Meet with Emperor. 2 spears, icy. Refuse to declare war on Greeks. Refuse to give Invention.

Vikings withdraw. Spanish attack barbs in India.

1200ad - WLTC cancelled: PF, CJ

Elysium builds Issac's, starts aqua.

NUF discover Chemistry, start Gunpowder. Leo's upgrades elephant to crusaders.

We have $485g. $85 per turn, 4 turns per tech

Aonia map
Boreum map
Viking map
Indian map
Persian map
Russian map

:santa:

DoM: Fixed Persia link

A couple of thoughts:

Perisa have lots of big towns which we could send vans to.

India will shortly build Shakespeare's. Can we get there first?

Do we want to incite a revolt in Odessa? They appear to be a weak nation.

We have inherited 2 boats and lots of units from the Vikings. Maybe they should be used to sneak round to Trondhiem whilst we are at peace.

duke - Thanks! I hadn't noticed I was close to 500 posts!!

I can't remember how many caravans we have that are hanging around RC, but Shakespeare's will require 6 to build from scratch. This is a very high priority wonder for my games and since we haven't yet put any shields towards the aquaduct in Elysium them I'd like to see us build Shakespeare's there with our excess of caravans. We are very rich indeed and can probably buy the rest of it if we have already used loads of caravans for INC, but remember that we can sell the Elysium temple if we finish Shake's there so it'll definitely be worth it in the long run. :goodjob:

Thanks for the pictures! The persian one doesn't load up though, but seems to be called perisa1200 so that might be the problem.

:( Hmm, it seems that we only have two caravans by Elysium so that will involve a lot of cash to buy Shake's. Are there any other caravans we can rush in the area, or will we have to play the disband dip game again? :(

We have 1 van in Elysium, and 2 which will be there within 2 turns. 2 more are being build nearby, but it'll be 5 or 6 turns before they could get there. I think with the three vans we have, and a little money we could do it. I suggest maybe we start building it, and rush buy when we get the warning message.

I've just added the pictures. If I've missed any towns, please say!

Originally posted by Jayne
2 cats stacked outside Viborg, plus 1 approaching.
Attack 2 V.cats with knight. 2 units destroyed!
Tee hee - silly AI! I don't suppose they were stacked on the plains (outside the forest) were they. :)

Cat outside Viborg, knight approaches.
Knight attacks V.cat and wins.

V.knight outside Viborg, 1 more approaching. V.cat enters Skara, knight approaches Routs.
Any chance of bribing these knights? WOuld be a handy little ready-made attack force. Maybe at odds with saving money to rush-buy shakespeares though....

Skara revolts for $87. We get: $18, Feudalism, catapult, caravel, elephant, archer and 2 pikemen!!!!! Start building dip. There is a support problem so caravel, elephant, cat and 1 pike transfered to Routs and rehomed.

Leo's upgrades warriors and phal to pikemen, trireme to caravel, chariot to elephant.

:goodjob: I would have never thought they would have that many units there!

Have we resolved the Elysium vs LC for Shakespeares? If the Indians have changed to it, our choices may be a bit limited though :(

ainwood wrote: I don't suppose they were stacked on the plains (outside the forest) were they.
No! They were on the forest tile NE of Viborg! They could easily have unstacked to cover two tiles outside Viborg. Aren't they silly!! They musy have been over-doing it on the Absolut!!!

Have we resolved the Elysium vs LC for Shakespeares? If the Indians have changed to it, our choices may be a bit limited though
I'm not sure we decided definately. I wanted it in LC, but I think we'll have to build it in Elysium, where the vans are.

1100AD Status of the NUF Republic - 485 gold 20,30,50%

A marvelous Christmas Present for all of NUF, My Queen. Now we must find a way to QUICKLY build Shakespeare. Are we all agreed, Elysium will manage this huge project? 3 Vans on site, we must find 3 more.

You drive a hard bargain, My Queen! Skara revolted for $87. We got: $18, Feudalism, Catapult, Caravel, Elephant, Archer and 2 Pikemen!!!!! We must shuffle support as you have begun, and our Caravel lack is resolved. Please use the valuable $156 None Caravel on safe Udal Ferry duty.

1140AD Enemy Antioch builds Marco Polo.
1160AD Magellan of REGIA CIVITAS
1200AD Isaac Newton's of Elysium!

Our enemies are completing Shakespeare! What else?

1200 AD Status: 4,520,000 people in 39 cities. 485 gold   2.Scientists No.Elvis, few celebrations, No.Disorder. Actual 20,30,50%
F5 $83 -24, Sci 308 in 4 turns. F11 Mfg=206, Family Size=4.4   NUF is overpowering our dangerous enemies, again sweeping #1 in Population, Manufacturing, Land Area, Productivity and Family Size.

Elysium FAQ: Size=8, grows in 11, need Aquaduct, 6 Happy +2 Content
  Trade 43 - Corruption 3, Tax 13 + Lux 19 + Beakers 144

1100 AD Status: 3,990,000 people in 38 cities. 558 gold   1.Scientist No.Elvis, Many Celebrations, only 1.Disorder.   For comparison at 20,30,50% Quick download serf changes, F5=.$74 -23, Sci 240 in 4 turns.
Actual 20,40,40% F5 $69 -23, Sci 200 in 5.turns. F11 Mfg=191 !, Family Size=4.6   NUF is far ahead of our dangerous enemies, sweeping #1 in Population, Manufacturing, Land Area, Productivity and Family Size.

Elysium FAQ 1100AD: Size=8, grows in 10, 6 Happy +2 Content
  Trade 49 - Corruption 4, Tax 13 + Lux 30 + Beakers 80

1000 AD Status: 2,268,000 people, similar 34 cities. 379 gold, For comparison at 20,20,60% 1.Scientist 1.Elvis, Many.Celebrations, only 1.Disorder (FA tragedy). With download serf changes, F5 $59 -18, Sci 224 in 5.turns. F11 Mfg=158 (loss of Coal Mine), Family Size=5.2   NUF is exploding ahead of our dangerous enemies, sweeping #1 in Population, Manufacturing, Land Area, Productivity and Family Size.

500 AD Status: 1,120,000 people in 24 cities. 290 gold, 30,00,70% One Scientist, 4.Elvii, 4.Celebrations. F5 $42 -15, Sci 133 in 6 turns. F11 Mfg=99, Family Size=4.6 NUF is again #1 in Manufacturing, Land Area and Productivity, only #2 in Population, slipped to #3 in Family Size.

Quick Observations:

REGIA CIVITAS: Aquaduct mandatory in 14 turns!
Elysium: Aquaduct mandatory in 11 turns!
  serfs: Silk Gems Whale, 4 Roads, Scientist!
Reneaux: Aquaduct mandatory in 13 turns!
  Ren must switch from Knight to Van, Market!?
  We can boost production and choke food...
Civvium: Market 42/80 in 7-
Nemo Bay: starves in 14, easily resolved, Buffalo!
Bedfont Lakes: Van 35/50 IPRB $11 in 2
Marl Downs: Market 60/80 in 7, Trade +2 , NEEDS ROADS
Dellham: Van 45/50 in 1
HillMine: Mine construction in progress nicely
Legendary City=7: Aquaduct 28/80 in 8 ???
Cymru Straits: Van 46/50 in 1 if serfs are careful
Banana Bay: serf on Fruit, rather Whale...
Routskilde: supporting 2 war crusaders, a problem
Skara Swamp: has a None Caravel! Terrific!
Uppsala: Irrigation & Iron, 9 shields/turn !
Viborg: Pike 19/20, grows to disorder in 1, Damn!

We own 4 Vans +10 in production, less 1 approaching Dehli. Own 1 Barracks, 16.Temples (Penguin), 1 Market. Building Markets of Marl.Downs Civvium and Castle.Jayne. Not Reneaux :( Building Temples of Fort.Anarchy Udal York.Downs Frozen.Toe

Researching GunPowder (due in 4 turns), 36 known: Alphabet, Astronomy, Banking, Bridge, Bronze, CBurial, Chemistry, Chivalry, CodeLaws, Construction, Currency, Engineering, Feudalism, HBR, Invention, Iron Working, Literacy, Map Making, Masonry, Mathematics, Medicine, Monarchy, Monotheism, Mysticism, Navigation, Philosophy, Polytheism, Pottery, Republic, Seafaring Harbors, Gravity, Trade, University, WarriorCode, Wheel and Writing.

-GaryNemo, Deputy to the Domestic Advisor.

Great observations there by Gary.
I'd like to add: arrange a meeting with the Vikings and demand they withdraw their troops, I don't like that knight outside Routskilde: it's within striking distance and can hurt or kill one of our units!
Let's not spend any money until we've completed Shake's!
Let's not bribe any city on a far away continent anymore, we are not able to defend it as we should. We've been lucky with Bactra but look at what happened to Cadiz. I don't want to give away techs like that...

We've got settlers working close to eachother while at other places there is no settler at all. Between Castle Jayne and Monk's Towne there are 2 settlers, between Monk's Towne and Reneaux also 2. Quite necessary I must admit as these cities are booming and need to have irrigation and roads but...the LC iron needs mining! And also I want a road from Routskilde to Skara.

Mordhiemia, New Octavia and Melampyrum are building settlers (not necessary for working land I think...) what cities will they found?
North Wheat for the Melampyrum settler I think.
Tiny island with grassland shield for Mordhiemia settler?
Island with diplo on it for New Octavia settler?

The Cold front and Bactra settlers will be working land for quite some turns.
The Penguin Flats settler should (after finishing irrigation of the tile it is on now) be ferried to Beast Flats to irrigate the plains there to give Beast Flats some much needed food.

Those were some of my thoughts on the game. :)
I'm very pleased to see Gary did such a great job of being domestic advisor when I couldn't!

I'll work on city summaries and screenshots now.

Thank you, Civ1 :)   And nice work. :goodjob:
I / we have missed you, and are glad everything is nice for your Holiday.

I will next take a look at the Settlers, bearing in mind what you've posted above, and also the rehoming problem presented by our Skara windfall. Somehow, we must release that Catapult to attack Trondheim.

We can no longer IPRB=10, and The Duke pointed out that soon we loose IPRB=20. Do we want some quick Pikemen that will become cheap Muskets? What are other immediate questions?

Oct had posted earlier that he would move Saturday. My guess is, Friday will be too soon. We must eventually discuss the build Q's, right?
Oct and others, I hope you are reading ALL of the threads. Civ1 & I have posted significant tactical questions regarding Caravan Commodities and Catapults.

Merry Christmas to All, and to All a Good Night!

The reason I had stated I would move Friday is that I'm not even going to be home on Saturday, and likely will be very busy Sunday. Jayne, DoM, or anyone else willing to play on Sat.?

Settlers - 1200AD

FIRST: Clear.Orders DH Settler SW of Dellham, also both Sett near York Downs, Octavia S of Ebor, Ren SW W, MT S of MT. Find these units and click on them before you do anything else, so they can move this turn, rather then complete current project.

Generally, we need Irrigation is some places, others are dangerous to irrigate. Reneaux, for example, is about to waste a huge amount of food by growing before it builds its Aquaduct. In Aonia core, roads are more necessary. MD needs Roads & Irr.

None S of NB: Continue Irrigate Buffalo, then S Road?
LN near Civ: SE Road on Plains? OR
  S charge, W Road on Green?
  Civvium Market 42/80 in 7, Sett or Aqua?
Penguin: Irrigate Roaded GLS. Then N Road not needed,
  could move that serf onto Forest.
  Sail to Beast E Road Irrigate.
CJ Settler N NW of Ely: SE R, NE Road?
YD: Clear.Orders SW S Road Green, W Road on Plains?
Mord: Clear.Orders SW S S, E Irrigate GLS for MD (N)
Oct S of Ebor: Clear.Orders, Ship to new Island ? ? ?
  What for a guard? Needed?

Octavia Road on Wheat Island, then Found North Wheat?

DH Sett SW of DH: Clear.Orders, SW Road on River (N)
  DH Van in 1, then Mine serf to ocean, Celebrates!
Ren SW W of Ren: Clear.Orders, SE NE River Road (N)
MT: Irrigate River for Neuma.
MT S of MT: Clear.Orders and Road that River (N!)
  then head N Roading and charging.
TFalls Mining inside HillMine city: DO NOT click on it!
CJ E of CJ: continue Irr for CJ, then Road on River network?
Udal: finish Road for HillMine, then ...
Lindow Moss Settler: E Irr for LM

That is all 16 Settlers.

Generally, One MT and one CJ and Udal Settler need to head North, charging as they walk, I N of FA, I SW SW of Udal, then some Road to Skara, others ship to Uppsala area.

Little Nemo: grows, serf to Plains, Sett in 5, SE I?
Mord: Sett in 2, E SE I? Start Market? Van? Knight?
Cold Front: Sett in 3, S W charge, S Road. Start Dip (N)
Frozen Toe: Fish to Elvis, Celebrates!

A huge amount of detailed City Serf analysis and Build Q planning remains, also War Plans.

Thoughts after looking at the city summaries

RC will grow in 10 turns, it will only finish its aqueduct in 14 turns. The Nemo Bay worker needs to be replaced from buffalo to shielded grassland to avoid hunger. Put the RC worker from the sea on the buffalo for a few turns (get some extra shields) and aqueduct will be ready before the city grows.

Elysium will grow in 6 turns and will only build its aqueduct in 16 turns. We will switch to Shakespeare's Theatre, build it with caravans and rush it with money if necessary, then we will build aqueduct. We can choke the city by putting one worker from roaded irrigated grassland to sea: same trade only 2 food less and no growth until we want it to grow (when the aqueduct is ready).

LC is building an aqueduct in 8 turns, yet it will grow to 9 in about 200 turns from now if it continues this way. Settlers are desperately needed here! First we need to mine the iron, we're already working the iron so let's get the maximum production out of it. Second we need to irrigate and road the two grassland tiles LC has in its radius. This will give us as much trade as a worker on sea plus two more food.

Reneaux needs an aqueduct after the knights.

Fort Anarchy needs irrigation.

Viborg grows into unhappiness, needs a temple.

Beast Flats needs irrigation badly, the Penguin Flats settler should be ferried there after it has irrigated the tile it is standing on.

I've taken a look at the settler plans by Gary and I agree with most plans but do have some wishes of my own... ;)

In Civvium I would like to see an aquaduct, this city is big and could become huge, all it needs is an aquaduct to grow and a few trade routes...

The CJ settler N NW of Elysium was there to uncover the special right? We could wait until engineers who could get the job done in a very short time and let this settler build some roads. I don't feel uncovering the special is of the highest interest at the moment.

The settler S of Eboracum should stay there IMHO, Ebor hasn't got that much food and it could need some irrigation.

The Morhiemia settler (ready in 2 turns) should be shipped to the tiny GLS island. It won't even need a guard there! :)

The Oct settler to found North Wheat? OK! Melampyrum finishes its settler in 8 and the caraval returning from bringing Mord settler to tiny island could pick it up and bring it to the big island NE with the diplo standing on it. The diplo will be its guard there!

The Udal settler finishing road for HillMine and then irrigation for Fort Anarchy, they don't have any spare food! :) FA has some good production potential and it should be used.

MT settler S of MT should go to irrigate for LC.

Little Nemo settler in 5 irrigate for Thunderfalls: food surplus there is 0...

Mordhiemia could produce a knight after this to add to the invasion force we're building for future purposes.

That's it. :)

Quite right, Civ1, sir. From memory:

Elysium: rearrange the serfs per notes above to slow growth. Shakespeare, then Aquaduct, surely.

Nemo Bay: crucial component of Shake's Iirc, then after 3 turns we give the Buffalo to RC. Food can waver back and forth +1 -2 -1 +1 etc...

Aquaducts: RC Elysium & Ren are critical. Civvium perhaps, LC makes no sense. How about this: Ren Settler, Civvium Aquaduct. Not both... Hmmm.

Civvium: Aquaduct fine with me. Or Settler. I'm also wondering about Ren. Ren Knight makes no sense, it just built a Knight; Switch to Van, please. Needs Market ASAP, maybe Aquaduct, or Settler? I'm torn.

FA: perhaps better with no growth right now. Other cities as well. See Viborg below:

Viborg: example of a severe problem. Not sure what to do right now. Ideas? Little Nemo is not a problem, because LN has no corruption...

Rehoming the Skara & Routs units attracts my attention more than anything else at the moment... assuming we don't blow any Aquaduct situations.

Aonia City Management 1200AD

Aonia worries about building Shakespeare. As soon as this episode is over (in 7 turns) we can think about RC Aquaduct. We have a Nemo Bay Silver sitting in Elysium. I wish it were homed in RC, or available for trade Civvium to RC, but it is not. It sits and waits.

REGIA CIVITAS: Aquaduct mandatory in 14 turns!
  ocean to plains, Food+2 & 6 shields, Aqua in 12
  before then, we will $Buy Aqua & Grow instantly!
Elysium: start Shakespeare 0/300, need Aquaduct in 11!
  serfs: Silk Gems Whale, 4 Roads and Scientist, 7 shields
Civvium: Market 42/80 in 7, then Sett or Aqua?
  Settler could irrigate to support itself...
  Civ1 wants Aquaduct, also ok, but how to improve? Trade?
TFalls: IRRIGATE, Knights 12/40 in 7.
Little Nemo: grows, serf to Plains, Sett in 5, SE I?
  Start another Sett, never a Temple. Never.
Nemo Bay: Van 43/50 in 3, Silver? after one turn:
  forest to irrigation for 2 turns.
Bedfont Lakes: Van 35/50 IPRB $11 in 2
Gabba Gabba: 2 Forest serfs, Van 21/30 IPRB=30 $11 in 6

Boreum City Management 1200AD

It would be nice for Marl Downs to grow. It needs Roads. We could settle these islands, but our troops are either dead or idling in the Viking Land.

Marl Downs: Market 60/80 in 7, Trade +2 , NEEDS ROADS
York Downs: serf to Road, Temple 10/40 in 15.
Mord: Sett in 2, E SE I? Start Market? Van? Knight?
  after Sett, consider Forest to Elvis Celebrate?
Octavia: Settler 12/40 in 10, grows in 2, serf to River GLS.
Neuma: Crusader? grows in 3? Celebrate on ocean?
Cold Front: Sett in 3, S W charge, S Road. Start Dip (N)
Frozen Toe: Fish to Elvis, Celebrates! Temple in 14
Dur Sharrukin: Pike 13/20 in 4. Must be careful here.
Melampyrum: Forest to Elvis, Celebrates! Which settler to build N Wheat? Octavian now or Melampyrum later?

Chryshe City Management 1200AD

Reneaux, Size=8: Switch to Van 25/50 in 5, Spice.
  Ren already supports a Knight.
  serfs reduce growth: irr to River Plains, Food+1
  or switch to another Settler, irrigation is possible.
Dellham: Van 45/50 in 1, Silk, then Celebrate!
  Van heads down to Shake's of Elysium.
  1220AD: Mine serf to ocean, WLTK @ Lux=30% , Start Van.
  Hipsheim borrows Mine for a turn or two.
Fort Anarchy: Temple 24/40 in 3, then Van in 8
  FA Phx in FA: take road to guard HillMine.
Monks Towne: Crusader 9/40 in 11? w Irr could Celebrate...
Legendary City=7: Aquaduct 28/80 in 8 ??? Huh? Market?
  Too bad this isn't another Caravan...
Cymru Straits: Van 46/50 in 1-2, Silk, NEEDS ROAD, St Van.

The concern over Legendary City fascinates me. It has twice the corruption of Marl Downs, Mord, Neuma, or CJ, yet is now building an Aquaduct. MT & CJ are driving 2 Settlers and still growing, LC is consuming resources because it needs more irrigation. Again the LC Iron Mine has been recommended. This is 10 turns for 1 shield. In Hill Mine by contrast, we get 3 shields for our 10 turns. The best way out seems to me to switch to Market. Reneaux is building a second Knight. That does not work, we need a Caravan, then either Market or Aquaduct.

Viking City Management 1200AD

We just got a windfall of units from purchases related to Skara. Now what to do? We need to rehome these units so they can be productive. Will the people of NUF recognise the need to switch nearly all military production to Vans and Dips? Will our Crusaders be destroyed by the Viking Pikemen?

Routskilde: sw Cru to Van 16/50 in 9, Silk or Spice
  supporting 2 war crusaders, plus other problems
  perhaps shipment to Viborg turns around? then what?
Banana Bay: Fruit serf to Whale, sw Knight to Van $4.
Skara is only size=1: will not survive an attack.
  None Crusader go kill Viking Knight? (N)
Skara Swamp: None Caravel go be Udal Ferry! Terrific!
Lone Bison: Dip 19/30 in 4, then Harbor? Temple? Silk Van?
Viborg: Pike 19/20, grows to disorder in 1, Damn! Elvis & Dip, then Temple? Now supports war Knight and guard Pikeman.   December 7, 860AD we had approved Viborg Temple. Much has happened since then, but the need for a Temple has not changed. Unless anyone else has a better idea, perhaps we ignore the Pikeman, switch to Temple and so remove our head from the sand.
Lindow Moss: Van 40/50 in 5, Gems (Lahore!), start Van

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom