Budget Details 1570AD

How shall we use our treasury of $1800 gold +$110/turn?

• Need new Dip guard in Routskilde ASAP

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • Need several Dip guards in Scandanavia, now none!

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • Subvert Jorvik, probably $cheap? (R)

• Elysium: PRB $112 Sewer in 3, or

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Elysium: RB $154 Sewer NOW?

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Elysium next: Harbor

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Elysium next: Bank

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Elysium next: other, see post

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Reneaux: PRB $34 Market in 2. (R)

• Reneaux: PRB $34 Sewer in 6.

• Reneaux: PRB $54 Sewer in 4.

• Reneaux: PRB $74 Sewer in 2.

• Subvert Antioch $1664 to get Marco Polo?

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Bribe Indian Cat on SW Island $200?

• Bribe Indian Elephant in Mtns $324?

• Bribe Indian Knight in Mtns?

• Bribe cheap Persian or Russian Nones?

• Dip Embassy with India? (R)

• Dip Embassy with Persia? (R?)

• Dip Embassy with ... see post?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GaryNemo

Settler from None
Elysium SSC is ready to pop to Size=16 then beyond, and RC can grow with $164 PRB Sewer in 2 turns. Reneaux is already Size=12 and Celebrating, even without the Market. Maybe we want to switch to Sewer first, but I still think Market would be best due to food stress. PRB efficiency is generally preferable to Rush Buy, but perhaps Funxus has a point with Elysium this time.

Our Queen wants to subvert Antioch and capture Marco Polo. I believe it is unsafe. We have 2 Dips there already, could use one to establish an Embassy and still have one to bribe None units, closer to a Persian city than to Bactra. Dips and Sewers are the answer, along with careful planning.
Bactra has lacked discussion attention for centuries, so has been building Dips. Now we can move serfs forest to Grass & 2 ocean so Food+1, switch Van to Dip 31/30 in 1 (or Musket?), then start a Temple, then Celebrate up and build an Engineer. I assume we hope our fortified Vet Musket will absorb their Cat blasts?

Please review the posts in Turn, Budget & Foreign Affairs 1570, then vote Monday, Tuesday at the latest.

I feel quite comfortable about our Musket between Bactra and Antioch.
It's vet, it's fortified, it's in a fortress, it's on a hill.
It's defensive power is incredible! :D

After voting some stuff:

I don't want to bribe the Indian units on our continent or on islands near us, at the moment I don't fear an attack by them and spending huge sums of money on units we have to support ourselves is foolish. Let's spend money on bribing units far away. Also find huts to pop to get some cheap barbarians. I saw from the map that the south pole has been de-hut-ted by the Persians but let's see if the north pole has some huts, also search the islands north of Persia for some huts.

Embassy with India and Persia: great idea!
But also: embassy with Spain. Many people want to attack Spain next, including me so let's find out in what shape they are.

Udal must finish its Musket, and Trondheim Barracks and York Downs should too. YD is a war musket that could be shipped to Bactra. Want to ship an Engineer at the same time, so Bactra can specialize on Dips and its Temple?

Do we need another Caravel to operate near Bactra and Cold Front? As we engulf the planet, we need more shipping. Also, the new colonies can produce Dips to staff our constant consumption in far away theaters.

There are many inchoate Vans that could be switched to Dips. Kaupang, Lindow Moss, Fort.Anarchy, Cymru.Straits, Capricornium, perhaps Dellham. That is in addition to the 6 Dips already scheduled for completion, such as Viborg Routskilde & Frozen.Toe. Rather keep Monks.Towne Van, not sure about Marl.Downs or Ebor.

I don't mind bribing Persian units that we then support.
However, $Gold IS scarce, and I'd rather use it on PRB, Elysium, Sewers, Aquaducts, and cheap Nones.

It's a strange result really:
People want to bribe Antioch to capture Marco Polo's and they want to establish embassies at the same time.... Why don't people make up their minds: it's the one thing or the other, not both! :cry:
Now I see the poll may be a bit awkward too, the question should have been: establish embassies with dips OR bribe Antioch to capture Marco Polo's.
Oh well, nothing can be done about it anymore.
I hope Jayne will make a wise decision on the issue and I'm confident she will!!! :)

Originally posted by civ1-addict
It's a strange result really:
People want to bribe Antioch to capture Marco Polo's and they want to establish embassies at the same time.... Why don't people make up their minds: it's the one thing or the other, not both! :cry:
Now I see the poll may be a bit awkward too, the question should have been: establish embassies with dips OR bribe Antioch to capture Marco Polo's.
Oh well, nothing can be done about it anymore.
I hope Jayne will make a wise decision on the issue and I'm confident she will!!! :)
Maybe it means people want to subvert Antioch, but if that option lose (which it almost did), they are for establishing embassies. So whatever we do, we shall get an embassy with India and Persia, but it seems most people want to buy Antioch to get the embassies.:)

Top Bottom