Informational: Should the Budget Office approve the following (must) requests?

Should the Buget Office approve the following (must) requests?

• Yes

Votes: 17 89.5%
  • No

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Abstain

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Donovan Zoi

The Return
There have been two different dicussions on my military plan to counter India. I am not impressed with the amount of discussion on this matter, but that is not by lack of trying on my part. Maybe people would just prefer to vote on it.

This poll is for approving the budget requests only. It will give us a better idea on how well-received this plan actually is.

I am making this poll informational just to get a feel for what the public thinks. Please do not reject this plan due to one or two items. If you agree with over 85% of the requests, please vote YES on this proposal and state your concerns below. Our president can decide how to use this information. I am planning on attending the chat tomorrow to help iron out any unresolved issues.

PLEASE NOTE: only the (must) items = 1820g. All requests that don't say (must) would be at the discretion of the DP. Our current treasury is just over 2100g. Also, some of the build queue switches may have already been made by FortyJ. Concentrate only on the rush and upgrade requests.

This poll should run until Monday's chat or until quorum is met. It is Y/N/A format. Here it is:

Originally posted by Donovan Zoi
Fionn, these military requests will pretty much wipe out our entire treasury but we need as many of these as possible to set India on its heels. Plus, should many of our units survive the war, it we be less that Falcon and I will have to ask for later. I have typed (must) next to all expenditures I find essential.

KYOTO
rush knight-180
upgrade pike-60

VALHALLA
upgrade 2 pikes-120(must)
switch to knight and rush-120(must)

OCTAVINIUM
upgrade 1 pike-60

TLAXCALA
rush knight-84(must)

KUHKAFF
upgrade 2 pikes-120(must)
rush knight-140(must)

SERENITY
upgrade 2 pikes-120 (must)

YOKOHAMA
switch library to musket; rush-84

NEW FALCON'S NEST
rush knight-96(must)

STRIDER'S HAVEN
upgrade pike-60 (must)

KELLS
rush knight-96 (must)
upgrade 2 pikes- 120(must)

ISE
upgrade pike-60 (must)

PADMATIVA
switch from courthouse to knight;rush-100

NAERVA
switch musket to knight; rush-100 (must)
upgrade veteran pike-60(must)

CUERNAVACA
switch from courthouse to knight; rush-100 (must)

STURMANDRANG
switch from courthouse to knight; rush-204(must)

CIVANATORIA
switch from temple to knight; rush-72(must)

NOCSFIEDERA
switch from granary to sword;rush-24(must)

That's 1820g in essential - make that crucial - spending if we are to turn away India quickly and reclaim our territory. You can see the details in my discussion thread "Four Rally Points Against India".

I voted yes (and so did 10 other people), but I think 2 of the most important upgrades we can make are missing, The two Pikes in Dapper Dan should be upgraded immediately, IMO.

Originally posted by Cyc
I voted yes (and so did 10 other people), but I think 2 of the most important upgrades we can make are missing, The two Pikes in Dapper Dan should be upgraded immediately, IMO.

I agree. We must not end up without the money to do these upgrades.

Thanks, guys. I think the reason these weren't included in my plan was that we didn't have the barracks in Dapperdan at the time this was written. The above requests were meant to be the initial expenditure before the barracks was switched to and built next turn. A bit short-sighted on my part, I admit.

The extra 120g should still keep us within our budget. I'll see if there are any changes I can make to ensure this happens.

I believe your plan is one of the most comprehensive I've seen in a long time ;-)
As long as we can afford the Pike updgrades in Dapper, I'm all for it. This could make a good RP story... Dapper's Last Stand, or somesuch.

"Last Stand"?!?

I very much hope that we are in for nothing so terminal. :ack:

I agree Ek. I certainly hope it is nothing close to Dapperdan's last stand. Let them throw themselves at our Musket-defended walls, but let us hope that it is not quite so dramatic nor desperate a battle.

Originally posted by FortyJ
I agree Ek. I certainly hope it is nothing close to Dapperdan's last stand. Let them throw themselves at our Musket-defended walls, but let us hope that it is not quite so dramatic nor desperate a battle.

If they throw that entire stack at Dapperdan, we may very well lose the city, so we should prepare for that eventuality.:( They should lose a good number of troops doing so, so it may be best in the long run if they attack it.

I also say we upgrade in Dapperdan. That falls, and so does our rep and extra income (and alliences).

I say we DON'T upgrade in dapperdan unless we are able to refortify them before the SoD hits. At present the pikes are receiving a 50% defensive bonus from their fortified status, giving them a defence value of 4.5 not taking into acount terrain & walled city bonuses. If we uprade them we will then have to wait a turn before they can be refortified, and if the SoD attacks before they go back to receiving the fortification bonus they will have only a defence of 4 before taking into acount tile based modifiers.

Alright, I'll be optimistic. Let's call it the Miracle at Dapperdan ;-)

I'm all about peace; unless some attacks us. Then all the might of the nation should rally to it's defense. Spare no expense.

Top Bottom