The Highlands
Dacula
New PDX
Palanthus
Goonidum
and this Governors Home City....
Penguin

Current happenings of Taliesin:
Taliesin is currently home of the Great Wall of Fanatika! It is with this wall of defence, known to the military minds as a Maignot Line. It is our defense against eastern invaders. And we are happy to have it here in Taliesin.
Science News:
Penguin is still the only source of science for this great land. We need to bost our infastructure!

Term 5

Code:
Morgana:
Size: 6
8spt, 1 lost to corruption.
13fpt, 1 left over.
Currently building: An aqueduct (in accordance to the Size 12 Plan)- in 8
After that- Market(15), Granary(9) [why, yes, i do like granaries!], followed by an alternating calvary/rifleman until word is given to do elsewise.

Striders Haven:
10spt,  lost to corruption
13fpt, but its not growing w/o an aqueduct.
Currently building: An aqueduct (12 Plan) (12)
After that- A bank (18) and a university (12)

The Burrow:
12spt, 2 lost to corruption
12fpt, but its not growing.
Currently building: An aqueduct (3)
After that- Rifleman x2 (8)

Palanthus:
Size: 12
7spt, 2 lost to corruption.
25fpt, 1 left over, needs a hospital.
Currently building: A marketplace (11)
After that- University (20) Workers x4 (2 turns each)

Dacula:
Size: 7
9spt, 4 lost to corruption
19fpt, 4 left over, growth in 7.
Currently building: A temple (10)
After that- University (20) Market (20)
A laborer note- Please move the unhappy lady off of the southmost irrigated plains, and on to the roaded wheat. This cuts growth time to 5 turns.

Gooniedom
Size: 3
5spt, 4 lost to corruption
7fpt, 1 left over, growth in 9.
Currently building: Courthouse (66)
After that- University (100)

Penguin:
Size: 5
3spt, 2 lost to corruption
11fpt, 1 left over, growth in 4
Currently building: Courthouse (28)
After that- University (100), Worker (10)

New PDX:
Size: 5
6spt, 3 lost to corruption
10fpt, zero growth.
Currently building: University (7)
After that- Courthouse (27), Marketplace (34)

The Highlands:
Size: 2
5spt, 2 lost to corruption.
4fpt, not growing
Currently building: Calvary (23)
After that- University (34), Marketplace (34)
A laborer note- if you were to move the laborers off of the mines and onto the irrigation, The Highlands would grow in 10 turns, but loose 2 spt. I recomend moving them.

Tarkingrad:
Size: 3
5spt, 2 lost to corruption.
6fpt, not growing.
Currently building: Calvary (26)
After that- University (34), Marketplace (34)
A laborer note- If you move the 2fpt laborer onto irrigation and one of the two forest laborers onto irrigation, Tarkingrad will grow in 20.

Taliesin Queues

Morgana: Aqueduct (8), Market(15), Granary(9), followed by an alternating calvary/rifleman until word is given to do elsewise.

Striders Haven: Aqueduct (12),bank (18),university (12)

The Burrow: Aqueduct (3), Rifleman x2 (8)

Palanthus: Marketplace (11), University (20) Workers x4 (2 turns each)

Dacula: Temple (10), University (20) Market (20)

Dacula Note:
A laborer note- Please move the unhappy female off of the southmost irrigated plains, and on to the roaded wheat. This cuts growth time to 5 turns.

Gooniedom: Courthouse (66), University (100)

Penguin: Courthouse (28), University (100), Worker (10)

New PDX: University (7), Courthouse (27), Marketplace (34)

The Highlands: Calvary (23) University (34), Marketplace (34)

The Highlands Note:
A laborer note- if you were to move the laborers off of the mines and onto the irrigation, The Highlands would grow in 10 turns, but loose 2 spt. I recomend moving them.

Tarkingrad: Calvary (26),University (34), Marketplace (34)

Tarkingrad Note:
A laborer note- If you move the 2fpt laborer onto irrigation and one of the two forest laborers onto irrigation, Tarkingrad will grow in 20.

Governor SaaM - Thank you for your acknowledgement of the Size 12 plan. Keep in mind that one of the cornerstones of that plan will be having your city of Palanthus produce settlers. Within a few turnchats, I would like to have Dacula in a position to help by starting irrigation efforts there ASAP.

Doing this could easily grow your cities of Morgana and Tarkingrad without the need for more irrigation at this time. There are plenty of other growth opportunities in Taliesin but getting Morgana to size 12 should be a priority as it will add much uncorrupted commerce to Fanatika due to its proximity to the capital.

This is something we will both have to watch very carefully, but our efforts will pay off handsomely.

Originally posted by Stuck_As_a_Mac
One of my first issues: I need a deputy.
And for some odd reason, Im eyeing Donsig for the job.

Just dropped by to thank you for committing to a marketplace in Palanthus. As I'm currently unemployed I would humbly accept a position as your deputy should you and the people choose to confirm me as such. :) I would gladly provide provincial summaries as I did for the Southwest Province last term.

Code:
[color=blue]
City              size   H  C  U  E  S  T  spt  waste   comm.   gpt  corr.  beak  lux  food   grows in
Dacula              7    5     2            9      4      9      5     4      0    0     +5    7 turns
Gooniedom           3    3                  5      4      5      1     4      0    0     +1    9 turns
Morgana             6    5     1            8      1      9      8     1      0    0     +1    - turns
New PDX             5    5                  6      3     11      5     6      0    0     +0    - turns
Palanthus          12    7  1     4         7      2     14      9     5      0    0     +1    - turns
Penguin             5    4           1      3      2      8      1     7      0    0     +1    4 turns
Strider's Haven     6    6                 10      1     10      9     1      0    0     +1    - turns
Tarkingrad          3    3                  5      2      1      1     0      0    0     +0    - turns
The Burrow          6    6                 12      2      7      5     2      0    0     +0    - turns
The Highlands       2    2                  5      2      3      2     1      0    0     +0    - turns

Totals:            55   46  1  3  4  1     70     23     77     46    31      0    0
[/color]

Code:
[color=purple]
City                 lib   temp   univ   mkt  barr  aqu   gran  harb  cour   Upkeep

Dacula                Y    10       N     N     N    Y      N     N     Y       3
Gooniedom             Y     N       N     N     N    N      N     N     N       1
Morgana               Y	    N       Y     N     Y    8      N     Y     N       4
New PDX               Y     Y       7     N     Y    N      N     N     N       3
Palanthus             Y     Y       N    11     Y    -      N     N     Y       4
Penguin               Y     8       N     N     N    N      N     Y     N       1
Strider's Haven       Y     Y       N     Y     Y    N      N     Y     N       3
Tarkingrad            Y     Y       N     N     Y    N      N     N     N       3
The Burrow            Y     Y       Y     N     Y    3      N     N     N       5
The Highlands         Y     N       N     N     Y    N      N     N     N       2

Upkeep expense       10     5       4     0     7    1      0     0     2      29
[/color]

Thank you, Donsig.
If I may quote your PM
Dacula: Hire an entertainer ti bring on WLTKD. This will slow growth but may actually speed the completion of the temple which will allow the entertainer to return to work.

Gooniedom: Need a harbor to spur growth. It can be done in 26 turns if we switch now.

New PDX: Needs a courthouse. Switching now would waste 1 shield. If not switched now a market may bebetterthana university.

Palanthus: Unimproved grasslands should be mined.

Tarkingrad: Why not a cannon? It would be faster so the city can get off military production. Also Need the grassland irrigated!

The Highlands: Cannon would be faster than cavalry here as well.

Dacula: Agreed. Removing laborer S of the wheat, making it an entertainer.

Gooniedum: Not sure why I left that one in... Agreed.

New PDX: Agreed. Will start university after that.

Palanthus: Already doing that.

And regarding the cannons.. nah.. I think ill just stick with offensive units.

Thanks

Code:
[color=blue]
City              size   H  C  U  E  S  T  spt  waste   comm.   gpt  corr.  beak  lux  food   grows in
Dacula              7    6        1         8      3      8      4     4      0    0     +3    8 turns
Gooniedom           3    3                  5      4      5      1     4      0    0     +1    5 turns
Morgana             6    6                  8      0      9      8     1      0    0     +1    - turns
New PDX             5    5                  6      3     11      5     6      0    0     +0    - turns
Palanthus          12    8        4         7      2     14      9     5      0    0     +1    - turns
Penguin             5    4           1      5      4      9      1     8      0    0     +0    - turns
Strider's Haven     6    6                 10      1     10      9     1      0    0     +1    - turns
Tarkingrad          3    3                  4      1      4      3     1      0    0     +2    - turns
The Burrow          7    7                 16      3      9      7     2      0    0     +1   40 turns
The Highlands       2    2                  3      1      3      2     1      0    0     +2    6 turns

Totals:            56   50        5  1     72     22     82     49    33      0    0
[/color]

Code:
[color=purple]
City                 lib   temp   univ   mkt  barr  aqu   gran  harb  cour   Upkeep

Dacula                Y     6       N     N     N    Y      N     N     Y       3
Gooniedom             Y     N       N     N     N    N      N    22     N       1
Morgana               Y	    N       Y     N     Y    3      N     Y     N       4
New PDX               Y     Y       3     N     Y    N      N     -     N       3
Palanthus             Y     Y       N     7     Y    -      N     Y     Y       4
Penguin               Y     N       N     N     N    N      N     Y    24       1
Strider's Haven       Y     Y       N     Y     Y    8      N     -     N       3
Tarkingrad            Y     Y      29     N     Y    N      N     -     N       3
The Burrow            Y     Y       Y     N     Y    Y      N     -     N       6
The Highlands         Y     N       N     N     Y    N      N     -     N       2

Upkeep expense       10     5       4     0     7    2      0     0     2      30
[/color]

Governor SaaM,

Please consider these suggestions from the Domestic Department:

Palanthus

I plan to rush the Marketplace in this city, after which I would like it to produce 4 consecutive workers, followed by a Granary, and then more workers. As you know, this city is the crown jewel of my Size 12 proposal and I wish to get started right away. The first wave of workers should head toward Dacula to improve the land, as I feel that it would make a great Provider city as well. Those workers can put in roads and irrigate the city until further notice.

Dacula

Immediately switch Temple to Granary. This way, I can make Dacula a Provider city more quickly, and be able to give a boost to Penguin and Goonidom among others. The WLTKD should take the backseat at this time.

Penguin

I plan to rush the Courthouse in this city, after which I would like it to produce an aqueduct. This way, I can help Penguin one day reach Size 12.

New PDX

What do you think of eventually moving this city SE one square? I realize this is a matter that should go to the polls, but would like your opinion first. I am usually not a big fan of this idea, but in its current state, this is the largest New PDX can ever hope to get. Moving it down one square could make it a thriving harbor city without encroaching on Penguin's resources. I you would like to think about this idea, we shouldn't commit to improvements and we should switch to Rifleman or Cavalry.

The Highlands

I agree with donsig that we should build something less ambitious here in the hopes of getting it produced.

Thank you for your attention on these matters.

Donovan Zoi
Domestic Leader

TO: DZ
Re: Post

Thank you!!! Go ahead and rush whatever the heck you'd like. Penguin courthouse is fine! As is the Palanthus market. Regarding Dacula, im keeping the temple there so we can get WLTCTD W/O the entertainer.
As for moving New PDX, while I agree it may need to be moved, not just yet. When we have the funds to rerush everything we built in in, then, perhaps.

Thank you, Governor SaaM

As mayor of the fine city of Palanthus I realize more than anyone the need for a market there. However, we still have spearmen defending our cities. Rather than rushing markets and courthouses we should be upgrading our defensive forces!

The defence of our cities takes precedence, Sire!

SaaM - In order to get Dacula to become a Provider city, I would like the Granary to take precedence. After a few turns of steady growth, Dacula new size will pay off more than having the WLCTD there now. It's time for that city to step forward.

Also, until we can get the New PDX issue up for poll, I would like to switch production from University to Rifleman. This will help in our continued defense efforts, plus I would hate to put such an investment in a city we might raze and rebuild.

Also, what donsig says is true. I am going to focus on military upgrades for the next few turns to get us back in the game. We have far too many pikemen and spears out there right now.

That said, I am still rushing the Courthouse in Penguin. The Market in Palanthus will have to wait a few turns.

Thanks,

Donovan Zoi

Can we have some assurance that the cash to be invested in upgrading our footmen will go to muskets first and to pikes and spears only in case of desperate need?

I would note that, at this point, the majority of our modern infantry is not only nowhere near the war zones, much of it is sitting in garrison in inland cities where there is no threat that could conceivably come near it.

We definitely need a modern infantry force, but the situation is dangerous, not critical -- no requirement that we bankrupt ourselves upgrading pikes and spears.

In any event, if we build these units, should we not also require our generals to make some use of them? The Persians have an ROP with the English, and we are still defending our eastern cities with muskets and pikes. The Babylonians are counterattacking, and there are only two rifleman (out of twenty in existance) within marching distance of the contested city!

Overall, no amount of riflemen will do us any good if our military leaders ignore their existance and fight our wars only with cavalry.

Taliesin Queues

Morgana: Aqueduct (3), Market(13), Granary(8), followed by an alternating calvary/rifleman until word is given to do elsewise.

Striders Haven: Aqueduct (8),bank (18),university (12)

The Burrow: Rifleman (6) Market (8) Courthouse (7)

Palanthus: Marketplace (11), (rush for 140g, when DZ says so) Granary (12)University (20) Workers x4 (2 turns each)

Dacula: Granary(6), Temple (12), University (20) Market (20)

Dacula Note:
Please remove the entertainer and put it on the wheat.

Gooniedom: Harbor (22), University (100)

Penguin: Courthouse (24) (rush for 96g) , University (100), Worker (10)

New PDX: Rifleman (1) and from there on in, Rifles.

The Highlands: Calvary (30) University (50), Marketplace (50)

Tarkingrad: University (29), Calvary (27), Marketplace (34)

Quees as of now. I will post tomorrow morning. Discuss!

Governor SaaM,

I need you to look into these two items right away:

Palanthus

I noticed that a University precedes my requested workers from this city. While a University is indeed important, I would like to get some workers out of this city soon. With the prospect of getting Steam Power next turn, we will need to get rails up quickly.

New PDX

The University is still set to be built in 3 turns. Please make sure this doesn't happen.

Thank you for your attention on these matters.

Donovan Zoi
Domestic Leader

Code:
[color=blue]
Dacula              7    6        1         8      3      9      1     4      4    0     +3    5 turns
Gooniedom           3    3                  5      4      5      0     4      1    0     +1    2 turns
Morgana             6    5  1               8      0     15      2     1     12    0     +1    1 turn
New PDX             5    5                  6      3     15      1     6      8    0     +0    - turns
Palanthus          12    8  1     3         7      2     20      2     6     12    0     +3    - turns
Penguin             6    5           1      5      3      9      0     8      1    0     +0    - turns
Strider's Haven     6    6                 10      1      9      1     1      7    0     +1    - turns
Tarkingrad          3    3                  4      1      5      1     1      3    0     +2    3 turns
The Burrow          7    6  1              16      3     15      1     2     12    0     +1   37 turns
The Highlands       2    2                  3      1      4      0     1      3    0     +2    3 turns

Totals:            57   49  3     4  1     72     22    106     12    34     63    0
[/color]

Code:
[color=purple]

Dacula                Y     N       N     N     N    Y      3     N     Y       3
Gooniedom             Y     N       N     N     N    N      N    19     N       1
Morgana               Y	    N       Y    13     Y    Y      N     Y     N       5
New PDX               Y     Y       Y     N     Y    N      N     -     N       5
Palanthus             Y     Y       N     4     Y    -      N     Y     Y       4
Penguin               Y     N       N     N     N    N      N     Y     9       1
Strider's Haven       Y     Y       N     Y     Y    5      N     -     N       3
Tarkingrad            Y     Y      26     N     Y    N      N     -     N       3
The Burrow            Y     Y       Y     N     Y    Y      N     -     N       6
The Highlands         Y     N       N     N     Y    N      N     -     N       2

Upkeep expense       10     5       6     0     7    3      0     0     2      33
[/color]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom