Topographic culture

Fier Canadien

Citizen
According to the Code of Standards :
"Natural terrain features (mountain chains, lakes, deserts, etc) may be named by Provincial Governors. If the Provincial Governor does not wish to name a feature it may be passed to the naming rights chain in Point 1 above."

But, our nation only have, after 5130 years of existence, 8 toppographic names. As pointed in the quote above, governors have the right to name terrain. It would greatly improve the background of our civilisation to have a more developped topography, less like "the mountain two tiles south of xyz".

Governors would be appreciated to post their intentions on naming the natural features of our beloved lands. If they don't wish to name them, then they could at least make the citizens of Fanatika know, so that the chain of command can go on up to the naming of the natural feature.

In hope that our history can finaly start to grow out of it's administrative nomenclature.

Here is a list, with images, of the main things that can be named:

In Taliesin :

and this is now named: "Aptenodytes fosteriwald"

In Rhineland:

In Southwest Province:

and

In Hafen Land:

and:

In the north province:

And, finaly, in the newly conquered indian territory:

and:

Hope that can haste the process a little bit.

I have been calling the forest near Pensacola the Audiac Forest in the RPG. It would be great to have that become its official name.

I propose that the mountain range passing through Hafen land, S&S, and MAG be called "the mountains/peaks before bloodshed/death/mourning/donuts" or "The wild mountains", or even "The last homely hills" if you are inclined that way. But preferibly written in latin, because that is the theme for the area. This range designates the border between our great inner nation, and the wild west.

However, the other provincial leaders have a say in this.

I propose the Shouri mountains, to commemerate our victory over Japan. (Shouri means victory)

Shouri Mountains sounds good to me.

As for the two other mountain ranges in Hafen Land, I'll come up with something. If anyone has a suggestion, feel free to post it.

There is a forest between those two mountain ranges too. I guess we could name it as well.

This is an excellent thread! I am truly glad to see this discussion taking place.

To retain my sanity, though, I suggest that we continue to use this thread for discussion (especially since more than one name may come up for something), and request that the governors post their final decisions in the Cartographic Office so that I can include them in future maps.

EDIT: It just occurred to me that some may construe this thread as a discussion on establishing National Parks. We should be careful to distinguish between which names are solely for Landmarks and which are being proposed as National Parks.

So, I suppose that Shouri Mountains is the name, exept if MAG's governor or S&S quite absent governor (Veera Anlai) are opposing themselves to that name.

I believe it is now more "respecctuous" to wait for Veera suggestion since the S&S thread has finally been opened.

No offence meaned, Veera Anlai.

The long chain of mountains that form the southern border of North Province have traditionally been referred to as "The Spine". I'd like to see that become official and will post this suggestion to Governor Cyc.

Top Bottom