Public Investigation: People vs. Chieftess, Part IV

naervod

My current user title
Charge: Violation of CoL: D.1.C.1

This charges Chieftess with violating COL D.1.C.1. As I'm sure some fast talking lawyer talking 2 dollar words will say that Chieftess could not possibly have violated COL D.1.C as it was written for the actions pertaining to a Governor, which she is not, I have requested this PI also. If it can be predetermined by the Chief Justice that the law in PI #3 (COL D.1.C) can not be thrown out on this technicality, I would still like both PI's #3 and #4 initiated. My rights, as provided by the Constitution were denied by the DP, therefore I feel both should be done.

COL D.1.C.1 states that a Governors build queues may be preempted under certain circumstances and lists the three circumstances covered by this law. Although Chieftess has been changing the build queues of many Governors, left and right, she has been using Council votes to do so (including the famous Shaitan 0-0 tie-breaker). Chieftess preempted my build queue for Valhalla without any of the three circumstances being valid.

Therefore she is in violation of this law also.

Below is the same picture for the same reason in PI #3

I am going to PM the Public Defender (Octavian X) and the Defendant (Chieftess) notifying them of the charges brought against President Chieftess.

As always, the first two posts are reserved for the Public Defender and the defendant. If they do not post their defense here in 24 hours, this thread is open for discussion.

This thread will be closed and a trial poll will commence after the discussion has lasted for at least 48 hours and also petered out.

Can you list what those are? I was under the impression that I could hold a council vote to override any instruction. And, as for the 0-0 vote, I didn't even want to do that, I had really wished Immortal and eyrei were present and not elsewhere. I don't even know where they were when I asked for their votes. (I can't access the demogame constitution since the file server seems to be down) Until the file server works, I really don't know what this PI partains too.

Cyc's accusation is true. There was no council vote to override the aquaduct. However, considering the circumstances, there is no reason to be concerned about this event.

This action was simply an oversight. I can speak from previous experiences as DP. Juggling a chat window and 50 cities is by no means an easy task. The only peeple who may cast stones because this instance are those who can manage 50+ cities WTIHOUT making a mistake. In any case, the cities incurred no damage or loss of sheilds. I have just been informed Valhalla's production was just switched to aquaduct, with no loss of accumulated sheilds.

The thread is now open to public comment.

As Octavian X has repeated his opening statement, I shall repeat mine:

I'm sorry, with the bullying type of procedure that Chieftess has displayed in the past and during this term, I refuse to see this as an oversight. The people must take his in context of all the other violations that chieftess has done as a DP. She feels she can do what she wants when she wants, and this is not the way of a DP. There are procedures to follow, and Chieftess has ignored this one. This was just a snub on The North Province, daring me to initiate a PI. As she was already ignoring worker requests and laborer allocations, this was just the icing on the cake. The gaul of a DP to blatantly ignore build queues should be punished to the fullest extent.

Oh, you're so clever, Octavian X. Can we turn that energy you use on humor in to energy spent on the issue? :)

So, basically, the Defense has admitted guilt here too? Do I see a guilty plea emanating from Octavian X? Please confirm.

BTW, the corrected queue has been restored with no shields lost. Like RedRain's PI which was dropped after she corrected a wrong, I ask that this be considered too.

I agree with the charges. Chieftess had a specific requirement that she had to meet in order to change a build queue and failed to do it. As the situation has been corrected I would expect this PI to be dropped. If it is not dismissed, I would vote guilty.

Additionally, launching 6 separate PI's is both ridiculous and counterproductive. As we have already seen it is causing confusion and disruption. The workable precedent for multiple charges for a single infraction is to try all of the charges in a single PI. The current situation is untenable and impossible to follow in any constructive manner. As such I will not be boycotting these PI's in their entirety after this post, including unsubscribing from this thread. It will be necessary for people to use the report post function to notify me of forum abuses if they happen as I will not see them through direct monitoring.

Originally posted by Shaitan
I agree with the charges. Chieftess had a specific requirement that she had to meet in order to change a build queue and failed to do it. As the situation has been corrected I would expect this PI to be dropped. If it is not dismissed, I would vote guilty.

Additionally, launching 6 separate PI's is both ridiculous and counterproductive. As we have already seen it is causing confusion and disruption. The workable precedent for multiple charges for a single infraction is to try all of the charges in a single PI. The current situation is untenable and impossible to follow in any constructive manner. As such I will not be boycotting these PI's in their entirety after this post, including unsubscribing from this thread. It will be necessary for people to use the report post function to notify me of forum abuses if they happen as I will not see them through direct monitoring.

Thank you, Shaitan. And as you know there were 3 distinct "infractions" as you call them. And the overall consistancy of ignoring Governors culminated with the violation of Article E of the Constitution. BTW, your fellow Mod has voiced his opinion of the PI in the very public t/c last night also. I am reminded of donsig's thoughts of someone being childish.

Originally posted by Cyc

Thank you, Shaitan. And as you know there were 3 distinct "infractions" as you call them. And the overall consistancy of ignoring Governors culminated with the violation of Article E of the Constitution. BTW, your fellow Mod has voiced his opinion of the PI in the very public t/c last night also. I am reminded of donsig's thoughts of someone being childish.

Am I not entitled to my opinion, Cyc? I think I speak for a larger group of citizens than you do here, at any rate. Your attitude is little better than donsig's. The demogame does not revolve around you. If you want more power, run for a higher office.

Originally posted by Chieftess
BTW, the corrected queue has been restored with no shields lost. Like RedRain's PI which was dropped after she corrected a wrong, I ask that this be considered too.

The tradition extends to DG2 as well. I dropped the public investigations against the judiciary members last term when they corrected the wrong action in question.

If the PI is not dropped I will vote guilty. If this goes that far and a guilty verdict is reached then the punishment I would call for would depend on 1) whether Chieftess has learned the three valid over-rides and 2) the amount of care she promises to take when implementing build queus in the future.

If the PI is not dropped, I would vote guilty.

I am also appalled to read some of the comments about fellow citizens being posted in these threads by both sides, and especially some of the comments by those charged with the moderation of these topics.

I haven't seen anyone post a credible rebuttal to donsig's arguments which do reflect the power of the citizenry guarenteed in the Constitution, in my opinion.

To attempt to dismiss them based upon a slanderous accusation or assumption is not the way to defeat the argument.

If I remember correctly, PI#7 was because RedRain did not do a required action (posting a poll or a thread), and the PI was dropped once she followed through. Why are you saying it doesn't apply here?

Ok, now that the file server is working, I saw the lines, and I did have a council vote for the others. It was in that one instance where I thought I changed it, but I somehow missed it. We have over 50 cities, and turn chats tend to take long enough as it is. If I have to double check every action, a 3 hour turn chat, is going to turn into an all-day fiasco (or some "farcical turn chat cerimony" ;)) lasting 6 hours! Then there's 10 more turns. Why don't we let real life go to waste for a 10-12 hour turn chat?

Anyway, my point is, I changed the queue when I realized the error. If you spot an error in an action, tell me, and I'll try to change it before it's too late. Don't act like I have some hidden agenda.

Originally posted by Chieftess
Ok, now that the file server is working, I saw the lines, and I did have a council vote for the others. It was in that one instance where I thought I changed it, but I somehow missed it. We have over 50 cities, and turn chats tend to take long enough as it is. If I have to double check every action, a 3 hour turn chat, is going to turn into an all-day fiasco (or some "farcical turn chat cerimony" ;)) lasting 6 hours! Then there's 10 more turns. Why don't we let real life go to waste for a 10-12 hour turn chat?

Anyway, my point is, I changed the queue when I realized the error. If you spot an error in an action, tell me, and I'll try to change it before it's too late. Don't act like I have some hidden agenda.

I'm sorry Chieftess, but as you said yourself when these PI's were initiated we had only played seven turns. And I think these were spread out over three turn chats. That is more than enough time to make sure you have the correct queues entered according to the turn chat instructions. If you cannot properly perform the job as President because we have over 50 cities then please resign.

Having build queues for 50 plus cities is not (IMO) a valid defense for violating the CoL or constitution.

I agree with PDX. Donsig is trying to be a responsible citizen and trying to exercise his rights under the constitution, and people are giving him a hard time for following rules YOU ALL agreed to. This I find is used as a ploy to make it look like donsig is an idiot, when really he is an itelligent, well spoken, big balled Fanatikan citizen.

Yes, Chieftess did miss the city of Valhalla. Cyc, to confirm, this is a guilty plea on my behalf.

I can only ask for leniancy when the trial poll comes up, or for Cyc to drop the charge completely. Let's face it: it's more than likely that a spot council vote would have overriden the instruction, and the the city has been switched, without loss.

Please, Fanatika, do not go take excessive action.

Hmm the charges plea guilty to CT but bear in mind playing 10 turns Civ3+chat plus other business is a timetaking hard thing.
So dont be so hard on her.
You wouldnt like that someone smacked you on the head for every little mistake you make?

This is borderline double-jeopardy, Fanatikan style...

Chieftess was already charged of this crime under PI #3 and she has plead guilty to that charge. It seems unjust to bring the same charge under this rule too, when it is essentially a subset of the rule mentioned in PI#3.

Top Bottom