Trades for Electricity

Chieftess

Retired Moderator
Ok, I haven't seen a discussion, and we have to start one now. So, here's what I've found:

Greece

IMPORT The Corporation, Espionage, 151g, 216 GPT!!!!!!
EXPORT Electricity

OR

IMPORT The Corportation, 151g, 298gpt
EXPORT Electricity

France

IMPORT Espionage WM, TM, Silks
EXPORT Electricity

(we can get The Corporation as well, but Greece won't pay much extra for it)

Russia

IMPORT Silks, WM, 2 workers, 26gpt (38gpt if we renegotiate peace), 41gold
EXPORT Steam

Alliences:

Greece - Our allience against Persia can be cancelled/renewed. Canceling would free up a source of gems. Our MPP and peace treaties are also over.

I'm thinking that we can take off espionage (do we really need it?) from the Greece deal, and get it from France.

Wow, Greece has some GPT to spend...:crazyeye:

Well, I think that these deals sound good, but we need to get ToE before anyone else, so I'm not sure if we should do this...

We should go with the Greek's deal :). We can get Espionage and a whole lot of gpt :D. With Espionage, We can build a Intelegents Agency, and Steal Techs from other civs :).

The Greeks (and others) don't have medicine, and will still need to research Scientific Method.

I like your first option with Greece, CT.

True...this tech trade will put us in a ToE race with only the Greeks but with our impending Palace pre-build, we should have the upper hand. However, will the Greeks have a GL up their sleeve?

All in all, I believe that the Greek trade is worth the risk. Plus, it would give us two techs to use as possible trade bait. Keep in mind, if we sign another MPP we could get even more gpt from Greece, but not enough to make it worth our while.

Also, we should trade Electricity with as few civs as possible, so I wouldn't even consider the French trade at this time. Let's get both techs from Greece.

I really like the Russian trade(silks!) and found out that if we drop to 39g lump sum, we can raise the gpt to 27(nothing major, but still...). Didn't check this for peace renegotiations though.

On the peace renegotiation front (or peace treaty expires this turn), Greece doesn't want to pay us 97gpt. So, tha trade will most likely end, halting our science a bit. But, without the MPP, we could make some more gpt, thus outweighing the risk.

I like the Greek deal as is. Lets get both Esp. and Corp. from them!

Lets get Espionage and get more info from the Fanatikan Intelligence Agency :D

Corporation and gold is also nice :)

but wont the Greeks trade electricity to everyone when they get it? they need to earn some money when they give us so much!

Originally posted by Stuck_As_a_Mac
Greece Idea! It lets us keep science up and gives us some money to work with.
Cathy's good too, but will we get a rep hit if she's destroyed during the deal?

She's still going strong, and we can still gift her if we can.

SaaM,

I would still say no to giving Electricity to the French, especially when we have Russia to give us their Silks. The more civs we enlighten with Electricity, the more civs that will contest us for ToE.

Yes, the Greeks will trade it around. However, we have a plan: (the AI doesn't)

Palace Prebuild in Kyoto. 5 turns for medicine, and I'm guessing 8-11 turns for Scientific Method. NO ONE has medince AND Electricity. We can even trade medicine for techs. We have to continue to trade, or else we'll fall behind in techs rather quickly. Remember, this is a Golden Age rate. It would be 10 turns, then 9-22 without our GA.

We will still have a prebuild, ahead of everyone else for ToE. The AI seems content to go for the "oil techs" rather than ToE and Hoover.

@Cheetah - Possibly, but there are many civs that don't have the gold to afford it. Even our potential deal with France doesn't include gold. I don't think we should give this tech away based on that chance.

Our MPP and peace treaty with Greece runs out this turn. Peace renegotiations show that they won't accept our current deal[/]b].

This is the one with them giving us 96 gpt. I am trying to prevent not only a 1 turn turnchat, but a DRAMATIC decrease in science! We will be losing nearly 100gpt, and an edge on the other civs for ToE. We are already AHEAD in research in this track. If you have been noticing, the AI has been researching the 'oil' end. This is a way to get some GPT, AND techs while getting our prebuild ready for ToE.

Cheftess, is there a way to get the 96gpt? I would Suggest Renegotiate the MPP and get there gpt back.

No, I tried, and we can't. They'll only give GPT for the tech.

Originally posted by Chieftess
No, I tried, and we can't. They'll only give GPT for the tech.

Hmm, There must be a way to preserve that 96gpt. Possibly we can do that by trading a Resource. It could be possible. We cant just simply demand that the gpt flat out. IMO I beleve we should go for the The Corporation, Espionage, 151g, 216gpt deal.

Nope, there isn't... which is why I like the 298gpt deal.

Top Bottom