LA GUERRA - The Colombian Civil War 1974-2002

insurgent

Exhausted
Playing the FARC,

Managed to shoot down one fighter! :crazyeye:
Damn they are decimating my units. :mad:
Back to my hidden headquarters to plan my next move....

Great game Insurgent.

BKA

I have something strange to announce: I haven't seen a single druglord mansion or tourist unit (while playing the Farc.scn as the Farc). Is this normal or not?
I'm now in summer 1976. Because while playing as the Autodefensas, I did saw some.

Somethings wrong with the people.gif. Hight-misplacement seems to cause graphic flaw.

Ohwell:
The tourists are controlled by the US, so you can't disband them.
That is to ensure they disperse uncontrollably all over the country, hindering the war effort. They have to act as annoying as tourists do...

Mikoyan:
I researched and concluded that there were two main fighters, the Mirage and the Kfir. But the most used was the Mirage and the Kfir is an improved Mirage.

Ramsses:
Sounds strange. Try clicking on the link with your right mouse button and select "Save destination" or "Download" or whatever it is called in Dutch...

Yop:
Druglord units are hidden - they have the submarine abilities, and if you look in the pedias for the units (or press F2) you will see which units that are able to see them. You will find them easily in the country side - sooner or later you'll bump into them. The tourists are mainly seen in the safe areas - around Bogotá, Cartagena, and Barranquilla. Slowly they will scatter and you will see them - possibly when they become more frequent later in the game.

Originally posted by BKA
Somethings wrong with the people.gif. Hight-misplacement seems to cause graphic flaw.

Actually not - it's a colour bar intended to make clear which citizens are happy and which citizens are something else - sometimes it is not easy with new people.gif's

hi insurgent
I would like to tell you that it is the best scenario released in a few time

I have a question
with *.scn do i have to select before i start playing?
there are four at least

Select the "LaGuerra.scn". But the others are just the specific scenarios for the different players in separate file names. When you run the batch - "LaGuerra.scn" will be created for the right civ. But if you for some reason ( ;) ) want to use the other scenarios, then gov.scn is for the government, farc.scn is for the FARC, and para.scn is for the Autodefensa (paramilitaries). It shouldn't make any difference if the events are operated correctly (see ReadMe file).

Is it normal that those "invincible" units can be beaten by partizans on 1/6 strength?
I managed to capture all AOS cities in the south and east, and killed all 'invincible" units without any loss. (even with partizans on 1/6 strenght)

This scenario really makes air superiority key, and the key as FARC is to destroy the Government fighters and helis. Good job on that. :)

BTW, yesterday I used some Infantry and Partisans to attack a city, and it had 3 fighters and 2 helis. :eek: That really helped me.

Yop73:
No that's a bug. :eek: They are supposed to be invincible... hmm... I might have to release a patch...

Ohwell:
Thanks...

yeah, insurgent you might want to give the invicible units 1 attack point so they don't fall prey to the partisan advantage.

Why is that?

OK, just sent a v. 1.1 to Thunderfall with the bugs fixed:

Only a couple of minor things were fixed:
The “Invincible” and “Border” units are now actually invincible and do no longer suffer from the “partisan advantage”.
Now there is only one scenario file – there are really three, but the batch file copies the right file, which will be called “LaGuerra”. Also, there is an individual “title text” for each of the three scenarios that the batch file installs automatically.

Top Bottom