• Yes

Votes: 12 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Noldodan

2 years of waiting...
I have been pounding my brain for a name for my "Lake Land," and have finally decided to rename it to Eldarinórë - pending citizen approval. Eldarinórë means "Land of the Elves" in Tolkien's Quenya. If approved by a majority of the voters after a 48 hour period, this name will be put forth officially. And no, abstaining will not be allowed in this poll. (As no quorum is necessary) Thank you for your time.

Beautiful name, and the world definitely needs more Elda influence.

Maybe we should all form an LoTR citizen's group :D. But anyways, I think that is a beautiful name.

Go for it. Better yet, start an Elvish citizens group. :D You can teach everyone Elvish there.

This is scary... I proposed that SAME idea to Fier Canadien a couple days ago. Hmmm.... But then again, I don't know very much Elvish, at least offhand. (But I DO pick up a bit from just reading the books)

Hmm... Well, with 11 votes for and none against, I do beleive that Eldarinórë shall be the new name of "Lake Land." Thank you for your support!

Your welcome. You should be able to name to province. You are the govrnor after all.

Originally posted by Noldodan
This is scary... I proposed that SAME idea to Fier Canadien a couple days ago. Hmmm.... But then again, I don't know very much Elvish, at least offhand. (But I DO pick up a bit from just reading the books)

Don't fear, Noldo.:borg: You will be assimilated to the collective :borg:…

Anyway, good name!

As for elvish (i.e. late exilic Quenya), read this:
http://www.uib.no/People/hnohf/qcourse.htm

And, finally, is is a good compound name!
(in fact it is a nominal group: I Eldar i nôrë)

Fier, I have seen taht before. In fact, I downloaded it about a month ago. But I haven't had the time to do any of it yet... *sigh*

Top Bottom