PTW Baltic 140 x 140

LouLong

In love with Rei Ayanami
A Baltic are map for 12 players, most land is flat plains or grasslands.

Map A : resource-free for modders or just randomize resources

Map B : playable with resources (many luxuries are actually missing) of PTW, rather accurate.

Map C : will include "local" resources

Attachments

• balt.jpg
    balt.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 3,079
Map B including accurate resources but missing a few luxuries (you are on your own to do that).

12 starting locations : Oslo (Norway), Stockholm (Sweden), Helsinki (Suomi Finland), Novgorod, Kiev (Ukraine), Riga (Lettonia), Vilnius (Lithuania), Warsaw (Poland), Prague (Czech), Berlin and Bonn (Germany) and "The Harbour of the Merchants" (Denmark).

Since resources are pretty realistic, some areas might be quite tough.

Attachments

• balticb.zip
    54.8 KB · Views: 427
Reserved for map C including modded local resources (amber).

At the moment Map B again

I won't do a map including cities for this area looks like it is well known by most players.

Attachments

• balticb.zip
    54.8 KB · Views: 348
Very nice! But one thing though, the resorces version is on french!

Originally posted by Yoda Power
Very nice! But one thing though, the resorces version is on french!

So WHAT ? Just learn French ! :p

Actually oops it is a mistake. I will change that.

Shouldn't Estonia have a starting location too? And Belarus?

Originally posted by Procifica
Shouldn't Estonia have a starting location too? And Belarus?

Well, you can put them if you want. I did not because I tried to balance (sort of) starting locations. And Tallin would much too close to Helsinki (I know there is the sea in-between but nevertheless). Minsk would hamper greatly Novgorod as well. Remember this is not a map of Eastern Europe so Moscow does not even show on the map.
The same way I put both Berlin AND Bonn on the map which is not so great an idea but balances the map.

Originally posted by Sa~Craig
nice map

Well thanx but actually I ain't so proud of myself in regard to this map so I will change it a bit :

- retranslate resources (Why on earth did I get a French PTW :wallbash: )

- improve terrains (plains/grasslands) the rest I consider pretty OK

- take into account some remarks by Procifica (terrains) or mrtn (early maritime links through coasts).

I don't plan on changing seas into ocean (sorry Yoda) because I consider the Blatic to be an inner shallow sea that enables easy maritime links (at least more than the Atlantic for instance).

Since I am on finishing my tropical Africa map right now, please tell me if there is any other change you would like to see done before I start correcting it.
Any ideas about luxuries (vanilla ones I mean).

And BTW has anybody actually played with it to see how civs evolve (I mean like whether Denmark occupies Scania or Finland Estonia (related people)) ? Thanks to let me know.

I have downloaded map B, will test i tonight.

In time also some coments on the map will come.

I've downloaded it now to check it out. I think that it might be too much grassland, and not enough forest. Remember that man has had about 5000 years to cut down all the forests.
Åland should not just be closer to Finland, it should also be bigger. The archipelago should be almost continuous from Finland to Åland. The central southern Sweden (Småland) should be almost continuous forests, and not as much hills.

Have to praise you for this map, LouLong. You seem to be making your maps for me :)

Only snag...it's a wee bit to big and too grassy. But it's a fine achievement. :goodjob:

Originally posted by calgacus
Have to praise you for this map, LouLong. You seem to be making your maps for me :)

Only snag...it's a wee bit to big and too grassy. But it's a fine achievement. :goodjob:

Thanks !
For you ... and all the other too :D
You mean 140 X 140 ?
Grassy ? You mean there should be more plains ? or more hills ?

I was supposed to rework that map along my other ones but at the moment I just keep the maps I create (a bunch of) that I will (hopefully I will be able to) convert for Conquests when they release the new terrains :love: It will be an entire set of 12 maps (at the moment but some have been already posted for earlier versions) with special set of resources.
If you have any other special needs, sign in that thread http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=45911

Lou,

I also would like to praise your work. I find that most of the maps that I've liked, and loaded have been yours (but not all). In this case, I must agree with some of the other comments -- too grassy means not enough trees! WHether it's grass or plains underneath, you probably did pretty well with, since that is what is now exposed, but we should have to work harder (clearing trees) to get to it. Otherwise, fantastic map!!!!

Welcome back from (Madigascar???) wherever you were off soldiering.

Originally posted by RowAndLive
Welcome back from (Madigascar???) wherever you were off soldiering.

Err... I did my service a few years back (bad memories are still present though).
Conquests version will have more forests... and other stuff too.

J Mac Leod

It sure is intended for Northern War (with Cossack units !).
French will be changed for the Conquests version ! Mais bien sur c'est la langue des rois ! ;)

Top Bottom